Copyright (c) 2014 by HannahM5 Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
HannahM5 -- Blogmeister

-

Image by FlamingText.com
Image by FlamingText.com

by HannahM5 teacher: Mrs. Markwart

Racism. It's a cruel thing, but it happens everywhere! Even though Martin Luther King and president Obama said powerful messages about stopping racism, it's still happening! But it can stop, if everyone has the determination like Ernie did on the movie the Express!! My class and I watched a movie called the Express, it was all about a boy named Ernie Davis. Ernie lived with a poor foster family. His mom came one day and told him she as taking him back. When he moved he started to play football, he got pushed around so much on the field, but he stayed in the game!! These four messages stood out to me the most, they are: Stand up for yourself, this is really important to me because I really believe in it!! In the start of his football year his coach made really bad racist comments to all three of the nigro people on the team, especially Ernie!! No one should be able to say those kind of things to anyone!! Ernie also believed in himself, he got thrown around a lot and everyone punched him but he stayed in the game because he had courage to stay in the game!! The third message is confidence, Ernie had the confidence to guide his team to the Cotton Bowl and he played in the all America game! The fourth is inspiration, Ernie couldn't play football no more because of locemia, but a lot of kids still came up to him and asked for his autograph because he is a inspiration to them!! Ernie was a grateful person even though he had some bumps along the way, but he didn't let those bumps bring him down!!

S- HannahM5

1. Martin's message was about history and how him and everyone eles who wants to help, is going to change history, and where everyone will be treated as equals. Black people, White people and every other race will all accept each other. That is his dream!

2. It has made a huge difference in our world. I think now more people understand how hurtful it is to black people! No one should ever bc treated like that!!!

S- HannahM5

After viewing the presidents speech there were a lot of things that stood out to me. My favourite quote is, "The god given promise that we are happy, we are free, and that we have to chance to pursue our dreams!" That is my favourite quote because I want it to happen but some people aren't free and sometimes do not get to pursue their dreams! One day maybe it will happen! He also said that "There is no doubt that our road will be long. So we have to prepare our nation for the new age!" "Our nation is at war with racism." I think we need to stop it together! "There is No obstacle that can stand in the way of millions calling for change." I feel that this is true that people are so determined that they won't let anything get in their way! That is how change happens! Obama then said, " Energy is threatening our planet!" I will help with the energy problem and I hope everyone else does too! Those were the quotes that stood out to me the most in Obama's heartwarming speech! I do agree that everyone has duties that will change life as we speak! Everyone will make a difference if we all try! I would like to help the world, and I would like to start now! By helping the world I will start with pollution, I will not throw any garbage on the ground, I will tell my family to hook up a recycling system for our house! The next thing will be to help others in need, whenever I can! I will also try to encourage people to stop racism and to be a better person! I have always wanted to do this stuff but Obama gave me the courage to do it=http://

GO OBAMA!!

S- HannahM5

My New Years resolution is it to be a Captain or a Assistant on my provincial AA hockey team. I have to start now because you never know when the coach will pick them. Why? Because I thought it would be a huge honor, and it would be a good scholarship chance!! When? Well to start my resolution, I will go to all of my games and practices, and play the games the best I can. To play good I need good shots and passes and make smart plays. I will be a leader and to be a leader I need to be nice to everyone by encouraging them and have fun with my team! I will also have to be determined and make sure I listen to my coach carefully. At all my games and practices I can't glide anymore, so that means, I have to skate my hardest. I need to get faster so I will go to outdoor rinks and practice and practice! I will try to be a great role model! I hope I achieve my New Years Resolution and I think that these steps will help me!!!

S- HannahM5

Hello again,

An outstanding group of peewee hockey players go to Minot and win the gold!

(the gold = a huge trophy!)

The article headline is Peewee Hockey.

This article is about a peewee girls' hockey team. They are called the Regina Wild.

The Wild played a great championship game in Minot and won it 6-0, They play against the Manitoba Cardinals. The Wild goalie (Kelsey Claypool) got a shutout 3 times in the tournament. Madisson Zwarch got a beautiful hat trick! The Wild defensemen Amy Spelliscy had a wonderful game she stopped 3 breakawaya and blocked 2 hard shots and got one assist. Earlier in the tournament Amy got a goal! Meanwhile the rest of the team played awesome and they played with great teamwork. It was an outstanding coaching job by Darcy Koch.

Where does it take place? Minot ND and at the Minot hockey arena.

When does it take place? January 2nd, to January 5th.

Why did I choose this article? I chose it because the are a Canadian team and I like to see how hockey teams do in the world!!

Conclusion: I hope a lot of teams will play like the Wild did in the Future!!

S- HannahM5

Hello again,

I'm here to guess at the mystery object and i'm pretty sure that I know what it is!!

My secret guess.....It's a..........PENCIL=http://!!

I think it is a pencil at least. I think it is one beacause it is made from trees and i looks exactly like a pencil!!!

I hope im right and if i am wrong or right then comment on my blog and tell me. Okay then i'm gonna go now so byeee!!!Peace out!!

S- HannahM5

Article posted October 27, 2008 at 06:33 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 33

Hey everyone, is time for my current event it is about a hit and run. Read on to see what happened.

The article headline is, Charged with killing local skateboarder.

This article is about a 19 year old skateboarder named Christopher Raymond Kniffen. The skateboarder who got hit by a 38 year old (Carter Owen Spencer). Te driver didn't stop and help the boy after he got hit he just drove away. That's called a hit and run.

This took place on Hamilton St. and 1st Avenue North. Also on October 3rd at about 12:30 am.

I chose this article because the title caught my eye. I think it is horrible that a person just doesn't care that he could of killed a person!

In conclusion at the end of the scene the skateboarder had died. I think skateboarders, runners, walkers and anyone out a night should always where light colors so cars can see them!!

S- HannahM5

Article posted October 23, 2008 at 05:00 PM GMT0 • comment (5) • Reads 32

Hi, Since i didn't get it right on my first guess I am now making a new Hypothesis. So my new guess is ...............A hole puncher!!

Hopefully I am right this time. So I guessed a hole puncher, it kinda matches up to your hints except it isn't the weight of a brick (well ours isn't). A hole puncher is used for punching holes in a piece of paper so you can put it into your binder.

Comment on this and tell me if I am wrong or right.

S- HannahM5

Article posted October 20, 2008 at 06:40 PM GMT0 • comment (9) • Reads 35

Hello,

I am going to make a hypothesis of your picture of the Mystery Object. I think that your mystery object is a Laminator=http:// A laminator is a thing that Laminates paper so it doesn't rip!!

Hopefully my hypothesis is right!!

S- HannhaM5

Hey everyone welcome to my blog, hope you enjoy my stories!

Here it goes.....

The great big yellow bus cruising down the long narrow highway, with us in it! When I say us, I mean all the student in my school. The bus was taking us to Fort Qu'Apelle to go see Treaty four and to do some really fun activities! On the us ride to Fort Qu'Appelle I sat with Baker and it was a ton of fun! Mrs. Markwart was moving from seat to seat taking pictures without the bus driver seeing. The bus ride was 45 minutes long! When we arrived we got off the bus and stepped into the grassy fields and all you saw was tipi's and people!

Our first station we went to was called the wheel of health, it was exactly like pictionary. The second activity was a bubble station where we had to blow the biggest bubble. Then we had a ball throw activity where you have to get the ball in the cup and then answer a question. After that we got to go study and learn about a water well and how our actions effect the Earth.

After those activities we got to go listen to a girl named Star. She told us about her life and how she was abused as a kid! It was the saddest story ever! Then she sang a song that she wrote and it was beautiful! Star also told us that she got nominated for the Juno Awards for the best song writer of the year!

After Star's station we ate lunch. During lunch there were 2 round dances, I joined in on one round dance. Then a hoop dancer came in and made himself into animals with the hoops, he was awesome!

We also went to a station called DNA, where we made a key chain with beads. The key chain ended up representing our name. While we were making our key chains another school found a snake and were practically torturing it but Jester and I told them to leave it alone!

After the bead station we went to see Elk meat. A man skinned the meat and then hung it over the fire to dry. In approximatley one day it will be called Beef Jerky. Then we had to call it quits and go back to school. I think it was a awesome experience and I had a ton of fun and hope to go back next year!

Hope you enjoyed my story about Treaty Four thank you for reading my blog, come again.

S- HannahM5