Article posted September 5, 2008 at 08:23 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 72

Hi my article is about a women who gets abducted at a 7 Eleven store and forced to drive 2,500 kilometers south before making an escape from her mysterious captor. Monica Gagnon who is a mother of two was reported missing by her husband early Sunday morning. The police have still not found the abductor yet but hopefully will soon. They did find Monica and she is okay. Monica was forced to drive across the American border and then was abducted in North Dakota by a man who was waiting for her arrival. Apparently they made her withdraw all her money before they left. This article takes place in Winnipeg starting at 12:30 a.m. on Monday. I choose this article because I thought it was really interesting and I was worried about the person who got abducted. I also choose it because my friend (HannahM5) is going to Winnipeg soon where the article took place. My opinion on this article is that it is really interesting and I thought it was kinda scary that the abductors are still not found.

Miley

Article posted September 3, 2008 at 04:40 PM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 60

3- I babysit my baby cousin Nathan

- My favorite girl group is the Clique Girlz

- I go for bike rides a lot

2- My family are all really big Rider fans

- We all like sports

1- Will we be doing the same stuff as last year?

Miley

Article posted May 28, 2008 at 05:12 PM GMT • comment (4) • Reads 56

Hey everyone! Warning: If you don't like country music stop reading this right now! today I'm going to tell you about the 43rd Annual Academy of Country Music Awards. Now I'm going to tell you about some of the awards. Kenny Chesney won entertainer of the year and Taylor Swift, my favorite country singer won her first award and she is only 18 years old! Carrie Underwood, also one of my favorites, won top female vocalist for the second year in a row. Garth Brooks won best selling solo artist of all time. This article takes place on Sunday, 2008 at the 43rd Annual Academy of Country Music Awards. I choose this article because I really like country music and I like all of the people who one the awards. My opinion on this article is that it was very interesting and I am so happy that Taylor Swift and Carrie Underwood these awards. Thanks for reading my article, I hope you enjoyed it!

Hi! I think this turning off the lights thing, is a great idea! It is going great, we turn off our lights all time, except when we really need them on, but sometimes we just turn two lights on instead of three. I think we really made a change to the environment and if everyone did this at least once a week, our planet would be so much healthier.

1. What memories are you reminded of from the pictures I have posted?

I am reminded of nature and hot spring days. The sound of chirping and animals too. Also, it brings back some memories of my childhood, when I went to the park and played in the sand and climbed trees.

2. What things are you looking forward to now that Spring is here.

I am looking forward to go swimming, jumping on my trampoline, going to the park or just running around and playing some games! I am also really looking forward to going to the beach with some friends. All of these things are really fun!

3. What do you see, hear and smell during the months of Spring?

I see nature and kids running all around me. I hear animals and people talking and laughing, and I smell the fresh air, and trees all around.

4. What activities do you engage in during the months of Spring?

I do lots of activites in the spring, I most of all like to go to gymnastics, play outside, go to the park and jump on my trampoline. Activites in the spring are really fun!

Article posted April 29, 2008 at 05:10 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 60

The air is fresh and breezy, it smells like trees all around me. The sound of nature and people appear. I feel a cool breeze and it's very relaxing. We all love this place, because it's so calming. I have been to lots of places and only one was as beautiful. The place I'm thinking of is Kennosee Camp. Three months from now, it will be very humid, it will be summertime. Six months from now, it will be really breezy, the snow will fall and the animals will hibernate. Wascana Lake and Regina Beach are also like this wonderful place.

Article posted April 4, 2008 at 05:19 PM GMT • comment (8) • Reads 51

3 interesting facts about me are: 1- I love Gymnastics!

2- My best friends are HannahM5

and Baker.

3- My favorite singers are Avril

Lavigne and Miley Cyrus.

2 facts about my school or community: 1- My favorite subjects are

art, phys-ed and math.

2- I went to Connaught

School before.

1 question for you- 1- What is your favorite sport?

Hey this is Miley and I'm going to tell you why I thought the math digital stories was a good way to do math. I think it really helped me understand better about fractions. I also thought it was a fun way to do math, instead of just trying to figure it out on paper. Another reason I thought this was a great way to do math is because I could help other people in my group understand.

Hi, I participated in Earth Hour because I think it is important because it saves energy and the Earth. It helps prevent light pollution. I think everyone should participate in Earth Hour because everyone has their lights on too much so I think it is good to have an hour of no lighting. My family turned off all the lights but we did not do anything special.

Article posted March 14, 2008 at 03:08 AM GMT • comment • Reads 57

Hey everyone! My article is about a 15 year old that caused a serious car crash and will spend six months in custody followed by a year of probation. The girl will also have to write letters of apology to the other people involved in the crash, and she cannot drive for 2 years. Her and her friends stopped at the Dewdney Avenue Liquor Store, and the driver and one of the passengers went inside the Liquor store. The girl was accused that she had been sitting in the passenger seat, but slid into the driver's seat when she saw a police car and she hit the gas. The girl, who had never driven before, sped onto Dewdney Avenue. She had been going 100 kilometetres per hour when she hit a car. The car she hit, was driven by a police officer that was off-duty, and the impact pushed his car into an SUV with two adults, a 10 year old and a baby inside the car. The officer received a lot of serious injury such as, dislocated ribs, whiplash and a gash on his head. The woman in the SUV was also injured, but the others were unharmed. The girl’s blood alcohol level was slightly above legal limit. This article takes place in Regina. I chose this article because I think it was very interesting and I think people should read this so they know what could happen if you speed or do something wrong. I think people should really think before they do something because you never know what could happen. Thank you!

Previous Entries All Entries       All Titles Next Entries