After watching the Express some of the messages I noticed were, When Ernie played in the cotton bowl and a big fight broke out on the field even though he was hurt and mad he didn't stoop to their level to fight back. I think that even when I am really mad I will just take a breath and not fight back. Another one was when Ernie did good in football the message here was, just because he was black doesn't mean he isn't good at sports. If I ever become a coach for any sport I will include everybody. Near the end of the movie, Ernie was talking to another boy about how they don't have a label, I thouht this meant just because of their skin color doesn't say anything about whats on the inside. That was my favourite because it is true, I will make sure to be friendly to everyone no matter what they look like because what is in the inside is what counts. A big message was how he was always in it to win, the message was don't give up and he never did even when times got tough he played and did great. This was a ood movie with a lot of messages.

Baker

After finishing my success line I think my biggest success would be winning the Peewee Female division at a Weyburn hockey tournament. I learned that if you work really hard at something you can acheive great things. I am the only goalie on my team and I have been taking lots of lessons to become better. This hockey season has been my favourite and to do well during it makes me feel really good. My Dad really encouraged me to do well, he always says "if you want something do everything you can to get it". My hockey team also helped by giving me compliments and good advice that helped me. This was a great success for me and I hope more are headed my way!

~Baker

After watching President Obama's speech some of the things that stood out to me was when he said "God's given promise that all should be equal and all should be free, and all deserve a chance to pursue their full measure of happiness." This meant a lot to me because it is very true, nobody deserves to feel ashamed of who they are. Also, when he said "We are in the middle of crisis", this is also true. There are things in the world that need fixing and I think Obama can help fix them. I agree that we all can help building a united world. We all have different things we need to do to keep this world in peace. To help this world stay a better place I can make sure I judge people by who they are not by what they look like. Also, being kind to everyone is an important thing too. If the people in the world were kind to everyone, there would be no more wars, fights or racism. As the new President of the U.S.A Barrak Obama said "We will extend a hand if you are prepared to unclench your fist."

-Baker

I think Martin's message was that Black people shouldn't have to be ashamed about who they are. He didn't want to turn it into a fight, he just wanted to have freedom. Nobody should have to endure pain and torture just because of their color. I think he gave Black people courage all over to stand up for what is right. His speech touched the hearts of many and I think that is why his name went down in history. It has affected the world because his speech said that Black people are the same as us on the inside. I hope that soon Black people are all treated as equals.

-Baker

20 seconds left until the final buzzer...the Regina Cougars and the Manitoba Bisons were tied 2-2. The puck was droped and BAM! Addie Miles scored leaving the Cougars with another victory! My article headline is, "Cougars Give Bisons a Good Fight." This great article is about the University of Regina womens' hockey team and how they beat the Manitoba Bisons. My article is about how the Cougars' season is going and how they beat a good team. The game was played in the Sherwood Ice Sports Centre. The game took took place on Saturday, January 11th. I chose this article because I like the Cougars and their win reminded me of my hockey teams winning streak. I hope the wins continue for the Cougars and I hope their season ends well.

-Baker

Article posted November 20, 2008 at 07:25 PM GMT • comment (4) • Reads 33

I think this object is a pencil because you said it was made from a tree. It looks like the end of a pencil where the earaser is. Its function is to write and draw with.

-Baker

Hey guys have you ever heard of the Regina Pats? Well of course you have they are the best hockey team in the WHL! The title of this newspaper article is "Pat's Veterans Know They Need to Step Up." This article is ALL about the Regina Pats. The article is about how the Regina Pats need to step up their game. The Pats had a horrible game losing to the Saskatoon Blades 8-1. This article took place on October, 20th. I thought this article was a good one because I play hockey and I know how it feels to lose badly in a game. I think this article was good because the Pats do need to step it up and win their next game.

I think that this object is a hole punch, because it cuts things and it also looks like our hole punch in the classroom. It also is as heavy as a full binder.

-Baker

Hi Mrs. Seymour's class

My hypothesis is that it is the inside of a desk.

It's function is to store things at school or at your home.

-Baker

Hey Guys,

last Thursday my class and I went to Fort Qu Appelle to celebrate Treaty Four. The bus ride was long but fun. I sat with HannahM5 and Miley, I also talked with Mearky Ferky and Mrs. Markwart.

The first thing we did was go to a tent where we did lots of activities about healthy choices. The first one my group did was called Wheel of Health, it was basically pictionary. After that we went to a bubble blowing station, we had a contest to see who could blow the biggest bubble, I lost. Next, we did a ball throw station where you had to answer some questions.

We then went to a tipi to listen to a women named Star tell us about her life story, she also sang us some songs. Her life was very depressing as she was growing up, but now it has gotten better as she has been nominated for a couple of Juno awards. The main message of her story was follow your dreams. I thought she was a very inspiring to listen to.

The next thing we did was, go sit in the bleachers and watch some dancing. The first dance was a round dance, I didn't join in because my ankle really hurt. The next dancer was a hoop dancer. He was really cool, he made lots of different animal shapes with the hoops.

After lunch we went to another station, this one was about Elk Meat. I was hard to understand the man because he talked really quietly.

Next, was the D.N.A station we made braclets with our name spelt in D.N.A code colors with beads.

Then came the bus ride home, everyone was pretty tired. I listened to Mas's iPod and I talked and sat with Mrs. Markwart. We got back to school and went home for the day. Wow that was a very fun day I learned a lot!!!

Talk to you later:

S-Baker