Copyright (c) 2014 by J Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
J -- Blogmeister

Mrs. Henriquez-Santiago - Grade 2 Blog

We are the student writers of a 2nd grade transitional bilingual class in New York. We are using this blog as a resource to help strengthen our writing skills through self-expression, opinions, and communication of topics that we are learning about and exploring in the classroom.

by J

teacher: Milagros Henriquez-Santiago

Our Butterflies Grow Up
When the butterflies first came to our classroom they were caterpillars. The butterflies were skinny,had different colors, and they were soft. The butterflies weren't ugly. I liked their wings because their wings had many different colors. The butterflies were flying. Butterflies eat sweet things. There were 4 butterflies. One butterfly broke his leg. The butterfly was swashed by an orange. The butterflies were in our hands. The butterflies were little. We were running after the butterflies. It was sad when we let the butterflies go. I know that the butterflies are so pretty and soft. It was sad when the butterfly broke his leg with an orange. Butterflies are so soft. Did you know that butterflies get scared sometimes. The butterflies were so sad to leave us.

Article posted May 30, 2008 at 10:32 AM • comment • Reads 34 • see all articles

My name is Janeth. I am 7 years old. I am in second grade. I like to eat tacos and cookies. I like to go shopping. I speak English and Spanish