Copyright (c) 2014 by Jose Rodriguez Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Jose Rodriguez -- Blogmeister

Third Grade Discoveries-

Super Bloggers from California

Welcome to our classroom blog! We will use this blog as our window to the world. Come and see what we are up to. Read about the happenings in room 35. Leave us comments and invite us to your blog.

by Jose Rodriguez

Mighty Writers
Risley Roarer's Blog
3rd Grade Bloggers
Global Fridge Door
Mr. Sandridge's Class

My cousins and I went trick-or-treating near their house when I was in fourth grade, it was Halloween night. First, we all dressed up in our scariest costumes. I dressed up as a mummy. My cousin Freddy was Frankenstein and my cousin Mario was Dracula. Next, we went to the neighbors house. She gave us a lot of candy. After, we went to the corner store. They had a haunted house. Then, we went to the next street. Our bags got full. Finally, we came back home to eat candy and watch The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown. I will always remember this experience because my cousins and I had a great time. by Mr. R.

We went on a fieldtrip this week on Wednesday. We went to UCLA to watch and listen to Perla Batalla. She is a singer who grew up in Los Angeles. Her mom and dad owned a music store. She started singing when she was 5 years old. You can learn more about her at [LINK] We wrote thank you letters to Perla. Read our comments to see what room 35 students had to say.

What do you wish for 2010? What do you want to happen in your life? 

In this week story we learned about animals that live in the city too.  We read about racoons living in Central Park in New York City.  We read about finding butterflies in our gardens.  We also read about how deer sometimes get really close to the cities.  Read what room 35 sudents learned about this week. They chose one of these "city critters" and wrote about it's habitat in the city, how it looks,  and what it eats. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy our writing.

We read Stella Luna (you can find it online also at  http://storyonline.net )

We used the focus questions from Harding Elementary:

•  What is wildlife?

•  What are some kinds of wildlife?

•  What do they eat?

•  Where do they live?

and after a classroom discussion, used the responses to build a bulletin board.

Hi, my name is Mr. R and I am a third grade teacher in L.A. I am going to tell you about school so far.

Chapter 1.

I love reading stories with my students. I also like using technology when I teach.

Chapter 2.

I am not really crazy about giving tests. I don't like when we run our of time for art and fun activities.

Chapter 3. I am really looking forward to teaching the times tables. I can't wait to do cool projects with my students.

Conclusion:

Thanks for stopping by and reading my story. I hope you enjoyed it.

Dear President Obama,

It was great to show your speech to my students on the first day of school. Thank you for inspiring us to be great citizens at home and especially at school. You asked us to show responsibility at school. I will try my best this year to be a good teacher. I will come prepared with learning activities for my students. I will respect each of my students and their families. I am looking forward to a great school year.

Sincerely, Mr. R

Article posted September 10, 2009 at 03:28 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 114

Twit180 day one: Reading Dogger to my new students - Thirdgea... on Twitpic

As we come to the end of the schoo year, we spent a whole week celebrating Liteacy in our school. In room 35 we chose a picture book to do tecnology projects. I chose to read Havesting Hope - the life story of Cesar Chavez.  With out book we produced a video read aloud, we wote a summary in our blogs, and also we also retold our stories using Voice Thread.  The really cool thing was that students themselves in charge of producing the projects themselves. I hope you enjoy our projects. Share with us, how does your school celebrate Liteacy..

Room 35 2010 - 2011

Educational Technologist working with 21st Century Learners