Copyright (c) 2014 by Jose Rodriguez Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Jose Rodriguez -- Blogmeister

Third Grade Discoveries-

Super Bloggers from California

Welcome to our classroom blog! We will use this blog as our window to the world. Come and see what we are up to. Read about the happenings in room 35. Leave us comments and invite us to your blog.

by Jose Rodriguez

Mighty Writers
Risley Roarer's Blog
3rd Grade Bloggers
Global Fridge Door
Mr. Sandridge's Class

Title: Math and Science Day (02/11/09)
Description: We had an exciting day doing math and science activities. So, what was the funnest most exciting thing you did today? and why?

LATE BREAKING NEWS=http:// Mr. R has declared Wednesday, February 11th as Math and Science day in room 35. What could you expect today?  We are spending a day full of learning and exploration of math and science from the perspective of a 3rd grader.  There are several activities we will participate in today, outside our classroom and inside.  We are learning about about math and probability in a dice game.  We are visiting Bessie (not sure if that's her name :-)   the cow in the auditorium, we are participating in egg vessel experiment. So, let's start our day... by watching a Video Called "Shift Happens"

So, what was the funnest, most exciting thing you did today, and why?  

DairyCows - Free Legal Forms

HumptyDumptyOur class is participating in an experiment.  The problem or situation is that an egg must not break when dropped from the top of a ramp, about 8 - 10 feet high.  There were a lot of creative vessels designed by students in 3rd Grade. Mrs. Carillo our math coach took a bunch of pictures. I'll ask her to share them so, I can put them here.  The solution to our problem was to design a vessel for our egg to travel in. The vessel needed to be safe enough so, that when it crashed it would still protect the egg without breaking.  We tested it out in our classroom.  We ended using my lunchbox, and the egg was put inside with plenty of insulation (a scarf, plastic container, and even Mr. R's pajamas :-)

Moon Cycle

We actually used our science book and Foss Kit today.  We are learning about the moon. We focused our study on the phases of the moon. We read background information and did an activity where we completed our own lunar cycle.

JasonRobertshaw

Have a listen as room 35 students interview Jason Robertshaw about his job and learning more about marine biology and becoming a scientist.

http://www.cephalopodcast.com/

The fun thing was go to visit bessy the cow. I liked this one because they told me about cows. Like they told me that the moms cows are worm blood and they told me that boy cows are name are bulls. I like`it because they told me all ot of informalin. this is sience. Cows help us to grow. They make our teeth strong. BY Alejandro

The fun things that i did was the egg drop.The first one did,nt broke because we put things.On the secend try it broke because we dide,nt put things.When we went out side everbody drop egss.

THE thing i like most is the egg drop . WE did lots of activitys.i like the egg drop becase.THE egg didint brack.We did a moon project.We wached a video.We did math activatys.THIS day was fun.

A long time ago, I found two shark tooth in the ocen and they were under the sand. And I told someone to give me two things and the two things I was was a paper that says where it came from. And one thing left what I wanted and it was a bag. And I took them to school and showed it to all of my classmates at school. And finally I told all about the shark tooth. And I let all of my classmates see it and touch it.

THE MOST INMPROTAN THING I DID WAS THAT I WHEN'T TO THE EGG DROP.WAT I ALSO LIKE WORK.I ALSO LIKE TESSING THE EGG DROP.WAT I LIKE IS THAT WE SEND A VIDEO.WAT I LIKE WAS THAT I NEW MORE THING ABOUT THE MOON.

If I was at the sience week I will go to the egg drop.And math games.I will tell my mom to tell howdid I do in my school.The next day I came to school.

So,what was the funnestmost exciting today/ and Why/ The funnest part was when I learn about the moon. The other fun thing waswhen Iwe did the eggdrop. And when I throw the egg by the hill. I also like when we tried to proof if the egg was going to break in the compitition. I also like when we did a project about the moon.

Today the most funnest and exciting things were the egg drop.And also the moon reading and gluing them together.They were the funnest things because they both had to do with science.The other funnest thing because they both had to do somethingwith cience. the other funnest thing about today was also that we went with a scientis and were describing the cow. We had an exciting day doing math and science activities. This was the best day ever. I never had fun in other grades. Only Third grade. I hop you liked my story I also hope you enjoyed my funnest day ever. Whey don't you write what was you funnest day ever too. Just like I did.

What I did in math and sience I did t he egg drop because it was fun because you get to drop it on th floor.If it did not broked you could do it agin because it did not brake.

Wath was the most fun day. I like the egg drop.

It was fun to see the egg drap.A was egg drop not brocin and we get to do nother egg drop.I like the egg drop.And it is gowin to do a nothor a gin.

The best day in the classroom.Was that we did scieence because we learned about the moon. We did phases about the moon and glue then in order. That is what a learnd today. But I am goin to talk about the egg projec. We went outside to do the project was called egg drop. It was the best day ever in my life.

I like math baecause it is cool.AND baecause you caul do cool stuff.Like shapes and stuff.I like siens baecause you cauld do cool things.

The best thing I did today was the egg drop.The second best thing I did was doing a thing about the moon.The therd thing was MATH and SCIENCE.I loved when we were doing science.I like the egg drop the most because we had to drop it and arse did not brake.And I liked the egg drop because we won we are gong again on Friday. Science day was so fun. I like science day becuase we get to do cool things.

Room 35 2010 - 2011

Educational Technologist working with 21st Century Learners