Copyright (c) 2014 by Milagros Henriquez-Santiago Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Milagros Henriquez-Santiago -- Blogmeister

The Celebrities of Room 28- A Penny For Your Thoughts!-

Mrs. Henriquez-Santiago - Grade 2 Blog

We are the student writers of a 2nd grade transitional bilingual class in New York. We are using this blog as a resource to help strengthen our writing skills through self-expression, opinions, and communication of topics that we are learning about and exploring in the classroom.

by Milagros Henriquez-Santiago

Westbury School District
Mrs. Henriquez-Santiago's eBoard
Our Class Website
Miss Thaggard-Grade 2-Savannah,GA
Mrs. Bashour First Grade-Riad Solh, Beirut, Lebanon
Mrs. Bashour 2nd Grade-Riad Solh, Beirut, Lebanon
Room 6 Kapiti Primary School New Zealand

Article posted December 6, 2010 at 05:06 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 795

http://www.cune.edu/about/5297/topstories/newspictures/11783.jpghttp://www.mediabistro.com/unbeige/files/original/dailymonsterbook2.jpg

What inspires you?  Well if you ask us that question our answer would be MONSTERS.  Our school's art teacher, Mrs. J.,  introduced the artist Stefan G. Bucher to my students a few weeks ago. We were instantly hooked.

Stafan Bucher is a writer, graphic designer, and an illustrator.  He is also the creator of an online animation series called The Daily Monster.  For 100 days he filmed himself drawing a new monster from random ink blots and uploaded them to his blog.  Those who visited his site named and posted stories about each monster on the blog.  His clips got so popular that they have been downloaded over a million times and are now collected in a book called "100 Days of Monsters." 

After a few tries of using his style of turning seemingly boring, random ink blots into fasinating creatures we started to ask ourselves, Who is this guy?  How did he come up with this idea?  We decidde to email him to see if he would like to video conference with us through Skype.  When he agreed we were so excited.  Our video conference took place on Thursday, December 2nd at 2:00pm (EST).  Since Mr. Bucher lives in California he had to wake up early just to Skype with us (sorry ).  He was GREAT!!!!!! He told us stories, gave us tips, and answered all of our questions. He even created a brand new monster just for us while we were talking together.   Thank you sooooo much, Mr. Bucher.  We love your monsters and can't wait to see what you do next.

If you'd like to see our MONSTERly inspired creations or post a story about them, you can do so below. 

Article posted September 28, 2009 at 12:16 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 72

Hello Boys and Girls,

Today I want you to use the web 2.0 tool Wellwisher to post your Hispanic Pride.  We have been studying about Hispanic heritage and I would like you to show hispanic pride by telling the world what your heritage is and why you are proud of it.

Article posted September 28, 2009 at 12:05 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 71

Welcome students of the 2009 -2010 school year to our class blog!  This year you will be learning and experiencing many new and exciting things.  Part of our journey as a 21st century classroom is to blog about our experiences.  This is the place where you will share your thoughts, ideas, and feelings about learning adventures.  I know that this year will be a fun and rewarding experience foe all of you and I hope you take chances, reach for the stars, and have blast!

Article posted December 11, 2008 at 03:50 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 84

Dear Students:

During workshop today, I'd like you to use Kidspiration3 to illustrate a pair of  antonyms.  Then write a sentence using those antonyms.  Last, record your voice reading the sentence you created.  Use capitals and punctuation marks correctly.  Use your best spelling. Look at the sample below that we created together to help you.  Remember, I will be uploading these to your blogs, so do  your best.                                                                                            

Sincerely,

Mrs. Henriquez-Santiago 

Article posted November 27, 2008 at 01:00 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 83

Click on the students' names on the right under the title Ms.Santiago '08-'09 to read some exciting reviews about the new Walt Disney movie Bolt!

Article posted October 31, 2008 at 10:33 PM GMT-5 • comment (2) • Reads 68

Click to play Halloween 2008
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

Article posted October 14, 2008 at 10:14 PM GMT-5 • comment (1) • Reads 81

We live in the greatest country in the world- the United States of America!  Did you know that there are 50 states in the USA?  Can you name them all?  This year we're going to learn the names, locations, and facts about all 50 states.  That's quite an adventure we have ahead of us.  To help with this learning adventure, we've joined forces with 130 K-3 classes across the USA .  We will be sending and receiving postcards by mail and electronically to our new friends.  We will be teaching them about Westbury, Long Island, and New York, while they will teach us about their state.  Sweden, India, Russia, and Ireland have also joined our mailing list.  We only have until January 30th!

To see who we've recieved postcards from, remember to check our wiki each week:

http://ourlearningadventures.pbwiki.com/Postcard+Geography

Article posted October 14, 2008 at 09:41 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 67

OurSeptView What a view! Check out the beautiful view from our classroom window. It is the atrium in middle of our school and we are lucky because our windows look out into the atrium. For our first learning adventure we will be participating in a year-long online collaborative project with other classes around the US. We will be posting a photo of the view from our classroom each month. We will use adjectives to describe our view. We will be able to see how our view changes with the different seasons and also watch to see what other classes see out of their windows during the year. Do you think their views will be like ours? Do you think the weather is the same all over the USA? We'll find the answers to these questions as we begin to share our views. If you'd like to see the views of our friends in other states, please go to our class wiki:

http://ourlearningadventures.pbwiki.com/About

Click on the words "A Room With A View."

Article posted October 14, 2008 at 09:29 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 59

Welcome class of 2008/2009. Are you ready to begin a new journey? A journey full of adventure and discovery. I have a lot of fun surprises planned for this year and we will be sharing those adventures with new friends all around the world. This year we have a Smartboard in our classroom and will be using even more technology to help us learn than we did last year. We are 21st century learners! This is our blog. It is our little space on the world wide web where we can express ourselves. Each week we will be blogging about our learning adventures. It's fun to share our voice with the world. So, I hope your ready for something new. Get ready, set, BLOG!

Article posted June 17, 2008 at 11:48 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 57

Yesterday we went to Fun Station, USA in Lynbrook. It was lots of fun. There were so many rides and games. Tell us about your day at Fun Station, USA.

Class of 2009-2010
Mrs. Henriquez-Santiago - Grade 2 Blog
Ms. Santiago 08-09
Stars of 2010-2011

Welcome! My name is Mrs. Henriquez-Santiago and I am second grade bilingual teacher on Long Island in New York.

href="http://www3.clustrmaps.com/counter/maps.php?url=http://classblog.com" id="clustrMapsLink">Locations of visitors to this page