Copyright (c) 2014 by Bob Greenberg Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister

Logo Design by FlamingText.com
Logo Design by FlamingText.com -

We are a 2nd grade class in Bridgeport, CT, USA. We will graduate from college in 2027.

by Bob Greenberg

Mr. Salsich's 3rd Grade, Stonington, CT

Article posted May 21, 2013 at 02:02 PM GMT-5 • comment (3) • Reads 20545

After 30 years of teaching this is "The Last Picture Show", I will be retiring in June. Fantasic Mr. Fox is the fifth Roald Dahl book that my students have brought to life using green screen and stop-motion animation. Check out; Matilda, The BFG, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and James and the Giant Peach. We also animated three Dr. Seuss books this year; Horton Hatches the Egg, And to Think That I Saw It on Mulberry Street and The Cat in the Hat. Previously we made videos of four Kate DiCamillo classics; The Magician's Elephant, The Tale of Despereaux, The Incredible Journey of Edward Tulane and Because of Winn-Dixie.

We have created memories to last a lifetime. So, open your eyes and be prepared to dream. Ladies and gentleman, boys and girls, and children of all ages, I present to you our last picture show, Fantastic Mr. Fox.

Article posted April 5, 2013 at 04:05 PM GMT-5 • comment (1) • Reads 204

This is our fourth Roald Dahl video, James and the Giant Peach. All your favorite characters are here; James, Aunt Sponge and Aunt Spiker, the old green grasshopper, the worm, Ladybug, the spider and the caterpillar. There are also 502 seagulls, sharks, the Empire State Building and even the rhinoceros!

Be sure to scroll down and check out our other videos; The BFG, Matilda and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Article posted February 28, 2013 at 04:21 PM GMT-5 • comment (2) • Reads 239

This is our third Dr. Seuss stop-motion animation. We made The Cat in the Hat as part our Read Across America day in celebration of the birthday of Dr. Seuss. You probably should not watch this when your mother is out. If you like it, check out our other two movies, Horton Hatches the Egg and And to Think That I Saw it on Mulberry Street.

Article posted February 6, 2013 at 07:59 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 218

This song was made popular by The New Seekers in the 1970s as a Coca Cola television commercial. Today the Brainwaves sing their version of "I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing (in Perfect Harmony) in honor of the birthday of Nobel Peace Prize winner Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

The picture of the Earth on their shirts was taken by Apollo astronauts from the moon.

Article posted January 29, 2013 at 09:34 PM GMT-5 • comment (1) • Reads 190

March 2 is the birthday of Dr. Seuss. This is our second video in his honor. Check out our other video, "And to Think I Saw it on Mulberry Street."

Horton is the story of friendship and keeping one's word. "I said what I meant and I meant what I said. An elephant's faithful 100%".

We hope you enjoy this video one hundred per cent!

Article posted January 20, 2013 at 08:09 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 187

Here they are, all your favorites; Harry, Ron, Herminone, Hagrid and Dumbledore. There's even a three-headed dog, a dragon and a troll!

This stop-motion animation was made by the Brainwaves. We are second graders. As our teacher read the book aloud, we made a flow chart. Next, we wrote a script. Several students recorded the words, (the narrators). Some of us made the pictures, (the illustrators), others moved them and took the pictures, (the animators).

Article posted November 15, 2012 at 05:51 PM GMT-5 • comment (6) • Reads 238

How to Eat Fried Worms, written by Thomas Rockwell, was first published in 1973. It is number 96 on the American Library Association list of most commonly challenged books, 1990-2000. Rockwell is the son of American artist Norman Rockwell. According to Wikipedia, "He was the recipient of the Mark Twain Award, the California Young Reader Medal, and the Sequoyah Book Award for How to Eat Fried Worms, which was made into a TV movie in 1985 and was filmed as a theatrical release in 2006. He lives in Poughkeepsie, New York."

Article posted October 16, 2012 at 05:11 PM GMT-5 • comment (2) • Reads 187

This is the 75th anniversary of Dr. Seuss's first book "And to Think That I Saw It on Mulberry Street. According to Wikipedia, the book was written and illustrated by Dr. Seuss and Robert Carington and was first published in 1937. "It was Seuss's first children's book, originally titled 'A Story That No One Can Beat,' the manuscript was rejected by over 43 publishing companies (precise numbers vary, even from Seuss himself, who counted 27 and 28) but was eventually published by Vanguard Press. Seuss has stated that he nearly burned the manuscript before its publication after being rejected by so many publishers."

The Creedence Clearwater Revival 1970 song "Lookin' Out My Back Door" was partly inspired by the book. Lead singer John Fogerty stated in interviews that the song was actually written for his then three-year old son, Josh. Fogerty has also said that the reference to a parade passing by was inspired by the Dr. Seuss book, "And to Think That I Saw It on Mulberry Street". We included the song during our closing credits.

Article posted October 5, 2012 at 05:44 PM GMT-5 • comment (3) • Reads 210

Here is our stop motion animation of Roald Dahl's Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Article posted September 4, 2012 at 09:36 PM GMT-5 • comment (1) • Reads 207

This animation was made on the fifth day of first grade. The Story of Ferdinand was written in 1936. Walt Disney won an Academy Award for his 1938 animated film entitled Ferdinand the Bull.

2008-2009
2009-2010
2010-2011
2011-2012
2012-2013

I'm a teacher, a runner, a magician, a dad, and a grandpa. email greenbergbob@sbcglobal.net Locations of visitors to this page Free Hit Counter

Since February 3, 2008