Copyright (c) 2014 by Mrs. Gatz Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Mrs. Gatz -- Blogmeister

The DWMS Blog Spot-

Mrs. Gatz

Doniphan West Middle School Computer Classes

by Mrs. Gatz

Mrs. Martwark 6/7 Class Blog
Ms. Wood 5/6 Blog
South Paris Collaborative
Shannon Ruskin Blog
Room 2 Almighty Bloggers
Ms. Lowe's Class
Our Class Website
Mr. Gonzalez
Top Dogs Blog
Ch. 9-11 Please Stop Laughting Blog A
Ch. 9-11 Please Stop Laughting Blog A

Students need to reflect on the following questions based on the notes they took during our discussion groups.

Blog A: What students generated topics created the most discussion? Justify your answer.

Blog B: What student generated topics did you agree and disagree? Justify your answer.

Blog C: What student generated topic would you have liked to discuss more thoroughly? Exlpain your answer.

The 8th grade students worked hard the first 9 weeks on learning the Amendments of the Constitution as a culminating project the student wrote amendment poems. In tech class the students created a podcast of their poem. We hope you enjoy!

Subscribe Free  Add to my Page

Reminder:  Chapter 3 Blog Response #1 & #2 are Due Wednesday!!

This is a reminder for my 8th grade students that there are two blog responses for Chapter 3. 

Both Chapter 3 responses are Due Wednesday 9/14/09!

I found this awesome document that walks you through using Classblogmeister! Thanks to Mr McDonald from New Zealand. I've embedded this document for you to use as a reference if you're having problems with Classblogmeister. Anywhere you see the name Mr. McDonald you'd type in Mrs. Gatz.

Hope you find this helpful!

Article posted October 5, 2009 at 06:22 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 34

Why should we comment on other peoples blog posts?

Well, I think all my students love to get comments don't you? 

We comment for the following reasons:

1. to encourage other students to write

2. to let them know they have an authentic audience for their writing

3. to push them to think more deeply about an topic or issue

What types of comments would you like to receive?  Think about making powerful comments.  You could use one of the following starters to begin your blog comments. 

* This made me think about…

* I agree with or disgree with what you said about...

* I wonder why…

* Your writing made me form an opinion about…

* This post is important because…

* Your writing made me think …

* I wish I understood why…

* Another thing to consider is…

* I can relate to this…

* This makes me think of…

* I discovered…

* I don’t understand…

* Your post reminded me of…”

After possibly using one of these starters you need to explain why you felt the way you did.  Remember you should have to think about your comment.  Your comment should be two to three sentences. 

These guidelines are adapted from coachgorman's blog. (http://coachgorman1.edublogs.org/)

You can embed (or insert) a variety of projects into your blog articles. We will use our blogs as a type of eportfolio during the school year. By embedding projects we work on we'll be sharing what you're doing in the tech lab.

Follow these steps to embed a project.

1. Copy the embed code from the website we're using.

2. Go to Classblogmeister and log in.

3. Click on Articles and make a title.

4. Make sure you are entering your article as Text and NOT graphical.

5. Paste the code you copied in #1.

6. Be sure to click on Publish and Save.

7. Once your article is approved you will see the embedded file.

Hopefully we'll add some cool embedding projects to your blog this year!

The 7th graders created Venn Diagrams comparing two Native American tribes.

Follow these guidelines to help you when commenting on a blog post.

• You are required to comment on at least one person's blog for each post you do.   (ex.  1 comment for Blog Response #1 and 1 comment for Blog Response #2)  Do not comment on the same persons blog every time.

• In your blog comment you may tell how a response made you feel or your reaction. (ex. Your blog post made me feel sad  because...)

• In your blog comment you may tell the person that you agree or disagree with their response. (I felt the same way as you about … or  I agree with what you said about...)

• Your comment must explain why you agree or disagree or why you felt that way.  (ex.  I felt the same way as you about how she was treated on the bus because I have been in a similar situation. )

• Your comment should be 2-4 sentences in length. 

• The comments should help create an ongoing conversation between the original poster and the person making the comment.  Be thoughtful in your comments!

• Be sure to PROOFREAD!! Remember this is a type of formal writing.  Don't use texting abbreviations.  Capitalization, spelling and punctuation are all part of your grade.

Just a Reminder that Please Stop Laughing at Me Blog Response #1 & #2 are Due by FRIDAY! 

Anyone who does not have those two blog responses done will be serving time in the LAB program on Monday! 

Have a great weekend!

Remember these blogging guidelines...

1. Do not give our your personal information or personal information of other students!.

2.  Students using this blog are expected to treat the blogspace as a classroom space. Speech that is inappropriate for class is not appropriate for our blog. While we encourage you to engage in debate and conversation with other bloggers, we also expect that you will conduct yourself in a manner reflective of a representative of our school.

3. Always make sure you check over your post for spelling errors, grammar errors, and your use of words.

4. Never disrespect someone else in your blog, whether it's a person, an organization, or just a general idea. You don't want someone making a stab at what you are passionate about; don't do it to someone else.

5. Don't write about other people without permission; always  use first names only. Never share someone elses last name.

6. Make sure things you write about are factual. Don't be posting about things that aren't true.

7. Although we want to make our blog a fun place to be please keep your blog education-oriented. That means that you probably shouldn't discuss your plans for the weekend or what you did last night at home.

Let's make our blogs the best that they can be! Have fun and be safe!

7th Grade 09-10
8th Grade 09-10

My name is Mrs. Gatz and this is my second year teaching 3-8 Computers at Doniphan West Schools. I'm very excited about he upcoming year. Previously I have taught 5th & 6th grade and middle school math and science. On a personal note I have 3 children. I enjoy sports, reading and of course spending time with my children! Locations of visitors to this page