Conditions of Use
||Internet Activity Reviews (12/02/07)
||In these activities, you will be writing a review for each of the virtual lab siimulations that we have used in class. [For example, BioInteractive's Bacterial ID Virtual Laboratory or Transgenic Fly Laboratory]
Your review will consist of the following: [Just copy, paste and modify the following text - after you paste first remove the instructions and write in your own complete sentences.]
TITLE: The name of the Internet Activity [For example: Bacterial ID Lab]
OVERALL RATING: Choose 1 (*)- 5 (*****)stars
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: A short three sentence description of the activity. Starting with:
1) "In this internet activity, we learned about ..."
2) "This is an excellent/good/fair/poor activity because ..."
3) Provide at least one specific example of what you most liked/disliked about the activity.
For each of the following categories you will both rate the activity and write three full sentences to comment on the activity as follows: [Copy, paste and modify the following text into each of the following categories to complete the text.]
Rating: 1-5 stars
1) Describe the concept or the information provided by the activity.
2) Describe your level of understanding of the concept, ideas, information or story: "I have a (n) excellent/good/fair/poor understanding of ....
3) Specifics: Describe what specically either
a) most helped you in understanding the concept, ideas, information or story
b) confused you the most.
Context (The background story): [For example, Crime Scene Investigation or producing a sweeter tomato] [Now rate and comment on this category as described above.]
Concept 1: [For example, PCR or recombinant DNA technology] [Now rate and comment on this category as described above.]
Concept 2: [For example, DNA Sequencing or microinjection] [Now rate and comment on this category as described above.]
Concept 3: [For example, BLAST Sequence Search and Alignment Tool or Gene regulation] [Now rate and comment on this category as described above.]
Choose your own categories and then rate the activity based on what you really liked or disliked about the activity. Then write two full sentences to comment on the coolness of this activity.
Rating: 1-5 stars
1) Describe some of the things you really liked or disliked about this activity.
2) Explain why you really liked or disliked the activity by using an example of and describing a specific feature and what you like or disliked about it that formed a basis for your rating.
My Classes & Students
About the Blogger
Mr. Louie is a protein chemist/molecular biologist who loves teaching. His current passions include global education, web 2.0 technologies and organic gardening. In his spare time he dances the mambo with his lovely wife and rambunctious 5-year old daughter.
Latest 10 Comments: