Copyright (c) 2014 by Gregory Louie Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Gregory Louie -- Blogmeister

Exploring Biotechnology & Global Issues

S2 8th Grade

Exploring Biotechnology.
Topics in biotechnology include the potential impact of biofuels to invigorate NC rural economy and reduce our dependence on foreign oil.

AIG-Global Issues
Topics in Global Issues include student ideas for living in a flat world. This includes their work to address global problems, poverty, sustainability, climate change, world health and world peace.

by Gregory Louie

Mr. Louie's Exploring Biotechnology Website
Why Not Save The World?
7th Grade Biotechnology Wikispace
8th Grade Biotechnology Wikispace
Living Life in a World Without Oil
World Without Oil

Title: COURSE EVALUATION (01/17/08)
Description: In this assignment, you will be evaluating and reviewing our course, Exploring Biotechnology. Your blog will be seen by other students, so please be kind!

Your review will consist of the following: [Just copy, paste and modify the following text. Note Bene - after you paste, please remove the instructions (which will be in italics) and then write in your own sentences!]

TITLE: Course Evaluation, Winter 2007

Overall rating: Choose 1 * to 5 ***** stars

GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Please provide a short description of the course in three sentences. I suggest the following:

In Mr. Louie's Exploring Biotechnology course we learned about ..... You will fill in the rest of this sentence by naming at least three of the main ideas that you learned in my class.
What I liked most about this class is ...You will fill in the rest of this sentence by naming at least three of the most memorable activities that you enjoyed. If you like .... I would highly recommend/recommend/not recommend Choose one of these and delete the rest. ...this course.

EDUCATIONAL CONTENT:

Please write a short paragraph describing your understanding of each of the following categories:

CAREERS IN BIOTECHNOLOGY

Rating: 1-5 stars

What we learned: Choose one or more of the most memorable things you learned about this topic. Please be specific.

CELLS

Rating: 1-5 stars

GENES & DNA

Rating: 1-5 stars

PROTEINS

Rating: 1-5 stars

COOLNESS:

Comment on the coolest thing we did in class. Describe the activity and then write at two full sentences to comment on it.

Rating: 1-5 stars

Comments: Place your comments here.

2008 AIG-GAP
2008 S1 7th Grade
2008 S1 Biofuels
2008 S2 Biofuels

Mr. Louie is a protein chemist/molecular biologist who loves teaching. His current passions include global education, web 2.0 technologies and organic gardening. In his spare time he dances the mambo with his lovely wife and rambunctious 5-year old daughter.