Copyright (c) 2014 by Raami Sharif Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Raami Sharif -- Blogmeister

Aloha

5A

by Raami Sharif

teacher: Mrs. B.

Michael was born in Baltimore, MD, in 1985. He is important because he is a very fast swimmer.

Michael won many medals and he is still winning more. His mother, Debbie works as a school nurse, and his father, Fred is a Maryland state trooper. He started swimming when he was 7. He is younger than his 2 sisters, but is faster than them when he swims. He enjoyed playing lacrosse, soccer, and baseball until he was 12.

In 2,000 when he was 15, he became the youngest male swimmer to compete in the Olympic Games since 1932; and finished in 5th place in the 200m butterfly. In 2001 he became the youngest man to break a record in the spring nationals. In 2003, he became the first swimmer to set five world records and won 2 silver medals and 4 gold medals. First man to win 3 different titles; also the first man to win 5 titles in 1 national. He won the prestigious 2003 Sullivan award. He graduated to college May, 2003. In 2004 he won 8 medals, two bronze, 6 gold. In 2005, he won five medals, 4 gold, and 1 silver.

He is still swimming, and planning on getting more medals. He is now 22 years old and probably one of the world's fastest swimmers.

Article posted June 10, 2008 at 02:29 AM • comment • Reads 56 • see all articles

I am Raami. I am in fifth grade. I like math and computer.