1. What direction is Nome from Anchorage "as the crow flies?" ("As the crow flies" is an expression that means in a straight line from point to point.)
North West from south east.
2. The journey from Takotna to Cripple will take you through what checkpoint?
It will take you through ophir.
3. The journey from Kaltag to Unalakleet will take you in which direction?
It will take you south east.
4. Although the journey from Anchorage to Nome is mostly northwest, there are some parts of the trail that will take a musher northeast. Between which checkpoints on the trail will the mushers head northeast?
Anchorage to Eagle River, and from ophir to cripple.
5. As you check in at Skwenta, Mt. McKinley is about 50 miles due north of where you are. You then travel the 45 miles to Finger Lake. As you check in at Finger Lake, Mt. McKinley will be in which direction?
6. According to the map, which checkpoint is farthest east?
7. Which consecutive checkpoints appear to be the farthest from each other?
Unalakleet and Kaltag.
8. Which consecutive checkpoints appear to be closest to each other?
Anchorage and Eagle River.
Something to think about: How could a compass and a map save a life in the Alaskan wilderness?
You could tell exactly where a checkpoint is where their won’t be any danger.
About the Blogger
I am Raami. I am in fifth grade. I like math and computer.
Latest 10 Comments