Submitted February 18th -- misplaced in the system.
1. What direction is Nome from Anchorage "as the crow flies?" ("As the crow flies" is an expression that means in a straight line from point to point.) North west.
2. The journey from Takotna to Cripple will take you through what checkpoint? Ophir.
3. The journey from Kaltag to Unalakleet will take you in which direction? South west
4. Although the journey from Anchorage to Nome is mostly northwest, there are some parts of the trail that will take a musher northeast. Between which checkpoints on the trail will the mushers head northeast? Ophir to Cripple and Anchorage to eagle River.
5. As you check in at Skwenta, Mt. McKinley is about 50 miles due north of where you are. You then travel the 45 miles to Finger Lake. As you check in at Finger Lake, Mt. McKinley will be in which direction? North
6. According to the map, which checkpoint is farthest east? Wasilla
7. Which consecutive checkpoints appear to be the farthest from each other? Kaltag to Unalakleet.
8. Which consecutive checkpoints appear to be closest to each other? Anchorage to Eagle River
Something to think about: How could a compass and a map save a life in the Alaskan wilderness? If you need to go north and you don’t have a compass or map you will not know where to go.
Latest 10 Comments