Copyright (c) 2014 by SC Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
SC -- Blogmeister

Blog de Campeau

Authorized Visitors

by SC

teacher: Mrs. B (5)

Free Rice 11/21

November 28, 2007

Dear Families,

This week has been a little busy on both sides of the teacher desk, so here’s a quick rundown of what we have for the remainder of the week:

Students will be quizzed on their spelling words on Friday, as usual. The words are on the homework link, just in case anyone forgets their spelling notebook at school.

We’ve been reviewing all the concepts covered thus far in our science labs. We’ve done a ‘scavenger hunt’ full of items for students to find on classroom anchor charts, the texts, their notes, and their lab results. We discussed our findings at great length today. Tomorrow, I’ll be assessing their knowledge of this material, and how well they’re able to pull the information up.

Same for the math – based on what I’ve seen from the homework packets, and what I’m seeing in class, I’d like to check in on the class this Friday to see who is ready to move forward and where I might need to re-teach.

From the readers, I’ll be looking for journal entries on Thursday. I’d like three or more entries. One of them should quote a passage from their book that uses commas, and try to explain why the comma is used there.

In the next week, our writers workshop will take a new turn towards FICTION! Our next draft will focus on the genre of realistic fiction, meaning that the story will be made up, though it may borrow from real life.

As usual, if you have any questions, please send them my way.

Thanks,

Sam Campeau