Copyright (c) 2014 by TH Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
TH -- Blogmeister

5B

by TH

teacher: Mrs. B (5)

Title: Winter Holiday Vacation (01/02/09)
Description: Don't forget, you have been assigned homework for over the holiday. It is due on January 12, 2009.

Article posted January 2, 2009 at 07:13 AM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 508

Don't forget that all Grade 5 students have an assignment for over the vacation. It was originally posted on December 18; this is a reminder!   

Mrs. B is assigning vacation homework!

Glitter Photos
[Glitterfy.com - *Glitter Photos*]

I have received the first screen shot of FreeRice homework. How much rice have you donated? I'm waiting for about 75 more screen shots!

Free Rice - Lucy

Screen shot directions:

Have what you want on the screen; push the Print Screen button (look above the 8 on the number pad); open Paint and paste. Save as "Free Rice - your name" and save as jpg. Email the image to me.

Most of you have enjoyed making snowflakes and sending messages.  Now, try doing a search to find some specifics.  When you open the site (below), don't click on Create, but click on Find-A-Flake (left section).  I tried several different searches.  I put in a name and location; I put in Beirut, Lebanon (175 snowflakes began to fall); and sometimes, I put in the specific number of a known snowflake.  I can check up on you guys, now!  At the click of a button, I can tell if you made a snowflake or not!

See all the little green arrows? They are all Beirut snowflakes! You might want to open Make A Snowflake tonight. Just like I saw while on my evening walk, there is a full moon!

Make a Snowflake

Full Moon

Article posted January 10, 2009 at 11:09 AM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 206

I loved my presents.

I got 4 board games: Mastermind, Guess Where, Monopoly and Save the Shirley.

I got 3 puzzles: a Globe puzzle, an Animal puzzle and a Solar System puzzle.

I got 2 electronic presents with their games: a Wii with 5 games for it and a DS with 3 games for it.

I got 4 other presents: Uno stacker, magnetic balls and magnetic sticks, Super Boggle and Car Construction.

Who wants to be in Christmas?

This series, His Dark Materials, is so detailed, it has become my favorite!!!

The complexity of it is so massive, and full of secrets waiting to be unraveled!

This story is about the unspeakably dangerous adventures of Lyra, where she finds herself in different worlds full of angels, armored bears, withes and other creatures alike!!!

Article posted January 11, 2008 at 06:00 AM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 105

About a week ago I slept in the kitchen with my brother and my sister. We played Monopoly on the mattress; it took 3 hours to finish the game. I also watched 3 movies, Madeline, Enchanted, and Annie. After that, my sister and I crept to the fridge and had a midnight snack. We ate pizza, squash and bell pepper. I went back to the mattress and talked with my sister until we both fell asleep.

My dog Princess has whitish brownish fur and her breed is Pomeranian. She is very fast although she is very small. Some people say that she is a Chihuahua with lots and lots of hair. She is very playful and energetic and needs to be taken on a walk at least once a day. Princess has a pretty loud bark and if you hear her bark you would just look and say: where did that bark come from? Princess is very cute, soft, and cuddly but gets crazy if you ever leave her at home or in the car alone. I don't really know why but some of my friends including Siham are very scared of her and when they see her they start hollering.

If I was a teacher for just one day I would like to be a math teacher, because it is my favorite subject. I would like to teach grade 1 so I can teach them how to add and subtract. I'll first do lots of activities for my students to insure that learning can also be fun.

I think a good teacher should have lots of patience and enjoy her job because she likes it and wants to do it not because she has to do it.

Happy New Year everybody. I hope every one has a happy and joyful new year!!!

*Tamara

The Wish is a wonderful book written by Gail Carson Levine. It is about an eighth grader named Wilma who is very unpopular at her school (Claverford). One day on the public bus, an old lady asked to grant Wilma a wish, so of course Wilma wished she was popular at her school. Will Wilma get her wish? Would it last till graduation? Find out and read THE WISH.

I think you should go to www.miniclip.com to play good games.

Article posted January 9, 2009 at 06:49 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 168

Happy New Year to all. Hope you had a great year with your families and friends.

I hope you had fun because the holidays are about to end. I went sledding and will go again next week. I also might ski. What did you do?

Article posted January 11, 2009 at 11:07 AM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 148

Sometimes when I am bored I do some research in old books and magazines.

Today, I was skimming through a book about the solar system. I found out some fascinating facts and thought maybe some people would like to hear them. For example, the Hubble Space Telescope is a telescope above the atmosphere of the earth. Because it circles the earth, it provides a sharper look of the universe. I also found it interesting how the four planets closest to the sun were made of rock and metal. That lead me to the question of if metal came from those planets to earth from the astronauts. And if you think you had a long day after school you should feel thankful; on Pluto a day lasts 153 hours!

My favorite part was finding out about constellations. They are clusters of stars that people have imagined to form pictures in the night sky. People have named these star formations after the mythological characters or animals they look like, such as Gemini, the twins. These constellations, and sub-constellations called asterisms (such as the Big Dipper and the Little Dipper), are visible in different places in the sky during different parts of the year.

Plus, if anyone has ever seen a real constellation then please let me know when and where. I really want to see one some time. And for a picture of constellations there are images on Google.

Article posted January 9, 2009 at 06:36 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 96

Happy New Year to everybody. I hope you had fun in the vacation, but now you have to get back to work!

Article posted January 11, 2009 at 11:54 AM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 96

If I could experience something in life again it would be parasailing…

It all started in Turkey; my father was signing my brothers and me for a session of parasailing. We got into a speed boat and as we sped away the water stung as it hit my skin. It was spine-chilling. I liked it the way I like the flu! Soon my back was singed; we had been waiting forty-five minutes under a boiling sun. On my turn I got onto the launch pad then I was whisked away. Under me I could see serpent like mist. I thought they were like dragons agilely and swiftly darting through fish. The sun above me was glaring at everything looking majestic in the sky. The people were like bugs swimming a few inches per minute. When I got down, the launch pad was practically on fire. It was an amazing experience soaring in the wind it felt extra-ordinary.

I miss my life in America so much! Here, in Lebanon it's way different than American style. First, you can buy a shirt for less than $30.00. Next, I can actually play outside. Then, my family actually obeyed the stop light. Finally, every where I went in America there was fresh air. Every one pollutes Lebanon, here. I have to admit, I like it here in Lebanon. I don't want to move back. Every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday, I would come home from tennis and I would have red cheeks from playing and my body aching from swinging and running. Dinner would be waiting for me. But, the bad thing was that I would have to study for tests everyday, stay up all night doing my homework, and my room was always freezing in the winter! But, to warm the house up we would sit down in front of the fire place! As much as I loved my American life... I want to stay here. My teacher doesn't yell, lunch is actually good, I don't stay all night doing my homework, and my friends never offend me. I know for sure that this is the best life anyone could get.

My favorite subject is Math. I know people who say Math is for nerds, but it isn’t. Math is fun. You get to calculate in your head; it’s all equations and I like that. Some people do not like equations, but I do. They have no right to say that I am a nerd. I don’t like the easy Math, I like the hard Math like the ones that take some time to think or Geometry. I like equations like 53×5×25. That is the type of Math I like.

So if anyone thinks I’m a nerd, then I don’t care because I know that just because I like Math that doesn’t make me a nerd.

(From Dirty Beasts by Roald Dahl)

No animal is half so vile

As Crocky-Wock the crocodile

On Saturdays he likes to crunch

Six juicy children for his lunch,

And he especially enjoys

Just three of each, three girls, three boys.

He smears the boys (to make them hot)

With mustard from the mustard pot.

But mustard doesn't go with girls,

It tastes all wrong with plaits and curls.

With them what goes extremely well

Is butterscotch and caramel!

(it isn't all of the poem)