Copyright (c) 2014 by Michael La Marr Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Michael La Marr -- Blogmeister

-

Mr. La Marr- 4th Grade, RL

All the students in room 15 teach and learn from each other. The challenges that are achieved are limited only by the restrictions of their own minds!

by Michael La Marr

4th Grade, RL

Title: Traveling to Golden Gulch (10/27/08)
Description: The year is 1849, and you are gold miners on a mining team in a simulation of the California Gold Rush. You were living in the east and desire to travel out west to California to strike it rich. You have hopes and dreams of great wealth. You have heard that gold is easy to find, and it is just laying around in California. Even President James K. Polk has even confirmed, in a speech in December of 1848, that there has been a gold strike in the area known as California. You clamor for a way to get to California as quickly as you can.

Think back to your journey to California from the East. Think of how you chose to go, how many times it took you to get there, and the feeling you had when you finally reached Golden Gulch. Create a writing piece to explain your travel to California and the striking of a claim in Golden Gulch. Your final sentence needs to tell how you feel about your chances of success in the California Gold Rush and about your dreams of life in the time of the gold rush!

Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!

2008-2009
2009-2010
2010-2011
2011-2012
2012-2013
2013-2014

Mr. La Marr is in his 29th year of teaching. He is fortunate to be working with such talented and motivated students. Each day is an adventure and we never know quite where we will land!