Article posted May 28, 2009 at 03:58 AM GMT • comment • Reads 207

We went to Odyssey last week with all the eighth grade students. It was alot of fun! we went on hikes up the merimere falls and i did the storm king. I think its the hardest hike you could do at odyssey because it was straight up and down and really hard. Sadly i got sick and had to go home early but over all it was sooooo much fun! Ms Thomson is a great cook and the cabions were fabulus. We also did a really cold polar dip in the creasent lake.

Article posted May 28, 2009 at 03:54 AM GMT • comment • Reads 87

Our class went outside and got buckets of sand and poured them into stream tables. We created different channels. Meandering and braiding channels where my faveretes. We took little monapaly houses and created blockings. Then we recorded the data. The houses that did the best was over in the corner and a damn.

Article posted May 28, 2009 at 03:47 AM GMT • comment • Reads 82

Energy Transferrss... :)

Hmm what to say about this one.

Well, when the sun creates energy radiations, which goes to the grass to make it grow, the bunny eats it and stores the energy, then the wolf eats the bunny and stores the bunnys energy, the grasses energy, that the grass got from the sun and then we eat the wolf and we get energy to plant seeds in our gardens that the sun grows the grass. The bunny eats the grass. The wolf eats the bunny. We eat the wolf and it starts all over again. Its basicly the chain of life. =]

Article posted May 28, 2009 at 03:38 AM GMT • comment • Reads 80

Hello :)

When you heard someone say a word like Plate techtonics, your probably thinking.. wow that sounds boring and not worth my time to learn about.! well, honestly, it doesnt have much to do about boringness. If you think molten lava, volcanos, earthquakes that could knock over hulk, and land underwater thats older then your great grammother is boring, then you must be boring yourselve!

You see, there are three different main kinds of plate movement bounderie types. divergent boundaries (moving apart), convergent boundaries(coming together), and transform boundaries(almost like switching places).

Earthquakes can happen when alot of things happen, but the more commen way of an earthquake happening is Convergent Bounderies, because when they hit eachother is moves alot around it.

Some earthquakes, you can't hear by ear or feel with your body of hands. But, there are people in the world who travel around and specialise in finding the vibrations made by earthquakes through special mechenery that can help them pin point the location or the epicenter of an earthquake these people are Seismologist's.

An earthquake produces waves that travel away from the earthquake's epicenter, like the ripples in a pond when you throw a pebble in. The earthquake produces three different kinds of waves Primary waves or P waves; Secondary waves or S waves; and Surface waves.

If you are interested in learning more about Earthquakes and shifting plates then contact Mr Gonzalez's blog and im sure he would be happy to answer any questions i didnt get around to.

Thanks and read up on more blogs =]

Hi. Its Kennedy Of course =]

I just sang at an asembally for andy mackie, one for the high schoolers and one for the middle schoolers. I had so much fun and everyone loved it so.. i geuss i did really good huh?

I was so exsitedd!

Also.. i was singing a song with him and it turned out great, he gave me a harmonica and i played it to.. I wish you could have seen it. Me+voice+guitar= Amazzing =]

I was ssoooooooo happyy.

Yaya =]

From Kennedy =]

Article posted March 9, 2009 at 03:29 AM GMT • comment • Reads 71

Sooo.

in class Mr G kindda showed us how tempature effects density in two ways. Ok..

way number 1:

He took a metal rod, with a ball on it, and he took another one with a metal hoop on it, he could fit the ball between the sides of the hoop and go through, he heated it up with a fire thing, and the ball on the end expanded, so it wouldnt fit back into the hoop untill it cools down.

Way number 2:

He took two water bottles, one with hot water and one with cold water, the one with hot water had red food die in it, and the cold on had blue, he tipped the cold one ontop of the hott one, and the waters switched, so the hot water was on top, so that means temp does effect the density, the hotter the water, the less dense it is!

Article posted February 25, 2009 at 04:43 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 76

Hi! Im Kennedy.

Im Super Randome and i love it!

Lol I Figured Id Introduce Myselve If Your Commenting.. So HELLO FRIEND:)

Article posted February 6, 2009 at 03:59 AM GMT • comment • Reads 73

We did a experiment called the floating crayon lab. It was cool, you see we used, salt, and 3 light crayons and 3 dark crayons. Then we took a cup and a popcyle stick.. and put all the crayons in the water and if one floated, which it didnt.. sadly.. then we would record it. After that we would add one spoonfull of salt and then mix it and record the data, well the color of the crayon and how many spoonfulls of salt, the whole point of this was to tell, if the color of the crayon changes weither or not the crayons float, and really it didnt, it only changes the way it looks. What matters, is not the color, but the density, the density of typical tap water is ushally around 1.0. If you add the crayons and one floats, that would mean the crayons density is less than 1.0, the density of water. The reason we added salt was because salt increases the density of the water, so the crayons will float.

Article posted February 5, 2009 at 03:57 AM GMT • comment • Reads 86

: O

Weathering and Eroision is the process that shifts the earth! when weathering takes place is can make hard stone have wind lines in it! and also, erosion can be as simple as a pot hole or crack in the road to as complicated as the grand cannion!

Weathering is like Wind, Rain, and any other weather you can think of. Erosion is like earthquakes, shifting plates, (That creates Tsunamis)

There is a constent conflict between forces that cut down the surface and ones that raise the surface. The two kinds of weathering are pysical weathering (mechanical change), and Abrasions, Ice Wedgeing, and Exfoliation.

~Abrations~

Wearing down of smoothing of a material due to constant collitions like beach glass.

~Ice Wedgeing~

Break up due to repeated freezeing and thawing, the bigger the crack the more water gets in which creates the snow ball effect.

~Exfoliation~

Peeling away the surface layers, caused by changes in temp and pressure or vegitation (trees, grass.

Roots wedge into pores and cracks splitting the rock.

Ps.

Is this enough info Mr.Gonzalez!!

Love..

KontagiousKennedy!!

We did some commercials about a week ago. I had the temperate grasslands, at first, i thought that ohh god we have the most boring one EVER. But its not at all, Grasslands have a lot of animals and one of the most peaceful place ever, in the human world. Animals in the grasslands come in all sizes. And there are no trees exsept by rivers. I will add the video to show you so you can learn more.