Copyright (c) 2014 by Mr. Gilbert Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Mr. Gilbert -- Blogmeister

Image by FlamingText.com-

Literacy

A place to grow, a place smile, a place to live, a place to learn!!!

by Mr. Gilbert

The History Channel
New Haven Public Schools
United Nations--Rice Donation
Reflection Sentence Starters
Animated Awards
Slideshare--turn off last slide
The Outsiders Jeopardy Game
Mrs. Josephson--Grade 6, Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
Mrs. Rice--Grades 4-7, Northern British Columbia, Canada
Mr. Feeney--Grade 3, Waterbury, CT
Mr. Daunis, Grade 4, Bridgeport, CT
Mrs. Parisi & Ms. Southard--Grade 5, New York
Ms. Bonanno--Grade 6, New Haven, CT

Article posted October 30, 2009 at 09:55 AM GMT-5 • comment (4) • Reads 1210

Which character from our novel, "No More Dead Dogs" can you connect to the most? Why?

Who do you think is the suspect of the sabotage so far? What evidence do you have? What motive does the suspect have?

Article posted October 23, 2009 at 12:49 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 46

Who do you think is guilty of sabotaging the play so far?

Describe a time when you feel you were treated unfairly. How was your experience similar or different to Wallace's?

Which part of the story has been most interesting or surprising so far? Use information from the story to support your answer.

If you were Wallace, what would you do or say to try and convince people that you were innocent?

Article posted October 16, 2009 at 01:41 PM GMT-5 • comment (2) • Reads 65

How do you think Wallace feels about everyone calling him a football hero? Does he feel like a hero?

Do you think he will ever change his mind and write a nice review of the novel just to get his teacher off his back and get out of detention? Why?

If you were one of his friends, what advice would you give him?

Is Mr. Fogleman being fair? Why or why not?

Article posted October 9, 2009 at 12:37 PM GMT-5 • comment (1) • Reads 63

Welcome to blogging 6th graders! Enter your first blog entry by talking about yourself as a reader. What types of books do you like to read? Fiction? Nonfiction? Mystery? Suspense? Comedy? Tell the world what you like to read and why.

Then, give me your first reactions to "No More Dead Dogs." What do you think so far? Do you like it? Why? What questions do you still have about it?

Article posted December 23, 2008 at 10:20 AM GMT-5 • comment (8) • Reads 90

As we close out our final day before we part for our holiday and new year vacation, there are a few questions I'm wondering about that you will answer on your blog.

1. What do you hope to do over the holiday vacation? What plans do you have? How are you going to fill in all the time we have off?

2. People often discuss making New Year's Resolutions at the start of every new year. These are usually things they want to change and improve about themselves. As we are about to begin 2009, what new year's resolutions do you have and why?

Article posted December 2, 2008 at 10:03 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 69

If you have finished publishing your writing, write a blog reflecting on your memoir. Answer the following questions. What was the most challenging part of the assignment? What was the easiest part of the assignment? What grammar skills do you still need to work on? What part of writing this memoir did you enjoy the most?

Article posted November 26, 2008 at 10:24 AM GMT-5 • comment (1) • Reads 60

Students, on the left side of my page is an assignment for either Darnell Rock Reporting, or Because of Winn Dixie. Click on whichever "Teacher Assignment" novel you are reading and complete the assignment on your blog.

Article posted November 7, 2008 at 10:28 AM GMT-5 • comment (4) • Reads 65

Welcome to our Literacy blog students. I'm sure you will love all the great things we'll do in this space. Pay attention closely and be ready to learn!!!

Article posted July 24, 2008 at 06:34 PM GMT-5 • comment (24) • Reads 94

Here are some pictures of Mr. and Mrs. Gilbert and some friends at our wedding in Jamaica. Leave me a comment and let me know what you think!!!

BubbleShare: Share photos - Powered by BubbleShare

Article posted July 20, 2008 at 10:44 AM GMT-5 • comment (1) • Reads 1674

Well, July is certainly moving along. Mr. Gilbert is officially a married man. Our wedding in Jamaica went excellent, and we are doing our best to enjoy our summer together and with our dog, Bella. Jamaica was absolutely beautiful and we had the most amazing time. Drop me a line if you get a chance this summer. I hope everyone is well.

After School Program
Literacy 2009-10

I was born and raised in Waterbury, CT. I presently teach sixth grade in New Haven, and love every minute of it. Locations of visitors to this page