We are currently learning about Treaties in Social Studies class. Please view the following videos (the second one is one we have already watched in class together but you can view it again to help you in answering the questions). Remember to use your earphones! When you have finished watching the videos, please answer the following questions on your blog. Remember to use complete sentences (you can copy and paste the questions so that I can tell which question you are answering).
"AS LONG AS THE SUN SHINES"
"WE ARE ALL TREATY PEOPLE"
1. Why did the Canadian government want to sign treaties?
2. Why did the Aboriginal people want to sign treaties?
3. What does the pipe ceremony represent? What is expected of those who participate?
4. What was the significance of the buffalo at the time of treaty signings?
5. How do Canadians benefit today from treaties?
6. What does the concept “treaty” mean to First Nations people?
7. Who are the 4 nations that made
agreements in the area that was to become Saskatchewan?