Copyright (c) 2014 by Monica Wood Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Monica Wood -- Blogmeister

Glitter Words
[Glitterfy.com - *Glitter Words*]-

We are a class of fifth graders who've got the beat on blogging!

by Monica Wood

6 Traits Writing
How to comment like a king/queen
End World Hunger
Cool Cartoons
Space Entertainment
waste management 1
waste management
Mental and Physical Health
food
Space Odyssey General info
Failed Experiment
Mrs. Lubich
Ms.Lowe
animated tags
Cyber Chase
Green Act
Mr. G's Homepage
Mrs. Gatz
Hidden Korea
5 W's of Cyberspace
Copyright
Computation
Estimation
Place Value
Place Value 2
Place Value 3
Place Value 4
Rounding
Rounding 2
Rounding 3
Protractor Practice
Geometry Facts
Geometry Click on "Lessons" then "Geometry"
Identifying Angles
Measuring Angles
Virtual Manipulatives
Mrs. Kick's Class
Everyday Math Games and Resources
Cool Math For Kids
Mrs. Parisi's Class
Cite Your Sources
Storybird
Math Fact Cafe
Line Jumper
Line Jumper Super Brain
Order of Operations
Math Frog
Order of Operations-Math Frog
Order of Operations-Fun Brain
Exponents and Roots
Asteroid
Exponent Basketball
Remember the Rules-the 411 on Fractions
Cross the River-Recognizing Fractions
Fraction Practice with Pattern Blocks
Equivalent Fractions
Equivalent Fractions Fun Brain
Hungry for Math
"Make a Match" equal fractions
Pattern Block Fractions
Soccer Shoot Out- Adding and subtracting fractions
Super Kids Worksheet Creator
Pizza Fractions
Place Value Pirates
"railroad Repair" Fun With Decimals
Power Football with Decimals
Balloon Invaders Practice Division and Multiplication
Division Bingo
Book Report Commercials-Examples
Khan Academy
Mrs. Smith
Mrs. Parisi
Mrs. Hill
Mrs. Marit's Class

Article posted November 6, 2012 at 05:17 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 5000

Article posted October 29, 2012 at 04:29 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 86

I love a good book! Especially books that begin in the middle of the action and you are not sure who the characters are or how they got into their particular predicament but you're hooked and you have to keep reading to find out what happens! What are some of your favorite books? What makes them your favorite? Add a comment below.

Meez 3D avatar avatars games

Article posted October 15, 2012 at 12:42 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 90

Article posted October 7, 2012 at 03:28 AM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 78

Write a small moment about the time when you first fell in love with art! Remember, a small moment is a seed idea, a moment in time. The way we expand that moment is by adding detail. A watermelon idea won't be able to draw us in because it forms more of a list and lacks those intimate details that draw a reader in.

Learning to Sew, Wrapped in my Mother's Arms

I grew up idolizing a mother who was not only an amazing illustrator and painter but also a seamstress. She worked for Singer and her flair for fashion was evident in the clothes she made for our family. When I arrived at the ripe old age of eight, I knew I was ready to follow in her footsteps, and chose my very first pattern.

The air in the fabric store smelled like electricity, there was a magic that hung in the space and filled my nostrils with hope! Hope that I too would have that same natural design sense my mother possessed. I wandered purposely through the store; rubbing my hand against every material my fingertips ran across, searching endlessly for that just right fabric for my carefully chosen little twirl skirt.

Suddenly I stopped and had to back up. There it was! The deep green textile reminded me of a forest at night, the gentle fold of the fabric mimicked the perfect twirl of a skirt and the cloth was luxurious to touch. I had found it!

My mother wrapped her arms around me as she demonstrated how to fold the fabric, pin, and cut. I remember her slim fingers as they carefully connected pattern and fabric. I remember the sound of the paper template crinkling as I cut. I remember biting my lip in concentration as I worked slowly and steadily to aim my scissors precisely down the line, and I remember the sense of accomplishment when I wore my twirling skirt to school. It was like a whole new world had awakened for me!

My mother’s, and later grandmother’s, gentle way of teaching me, even when I made mistakes, has made an imprint on my ideas about art and who I am as an artist. Art reminds me of being loved, finding a space for self-expression, of working hard and finding success. Art allows me to see the beauty in my uniqueness, while still finding pleasure in being part of a community larger than myself. Practicing my art form, by making costumes for my children, community quilts for expecting friends, or continuing the tradition by teaching my daughter, allows me to express my love to others in a unique and genuine way.

When did you discover your “Arts Crush”?

Article posted September 20, 2012 at 02:41 AM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 91

I have a friend who is writing a book called "One Brave Thing a Day". It is an inspirational book that looks at life and its challenges and helps people take small, brave steps in order to reach their goals. Some brave things for her might be asking another writer for advice, submitting an article to a magazine, or talking to someone about her book. She is new to writing so all of these things take her out of her comfort zone just enough to be scary but not farther than she can trust for the day. What is one big goal you have for this year? What are some small, brave steps you could take to reach that goal?

Article posted September 11, 2012 at 06:02 AM GMT0 • comment (26) • Reads 85

1. I am trying something new! I am learning to kayak.  

2. Cooking and baking with my family make me happy:)  

3. I love immersing myself so deeply in a story I almost believe it is really happening!  

4. I learned to knit my very first cap when my daughter was a baby!  

5. I firmly believe dark chocolate equals bliss!  

6. I love the color green because it was my son's favorite.  

7. Before I lived in Italy, I thoroughly disliked spaghetti!

Article posted September 10, 2012 at 08:47 PM GMT0 • comment (4) • Reads 61

I have been anxiously awaiting your arrival to Room 209! I have a year full of adventure waiting for you and can't wait until we can get started!

Photobucket

Razzle Dazzlers