by teacher: Professor McGonagall

Hi World,

Kluas, JustJoking, and I were toegether in science making catapults. One of the varibles we changed was the heighth. Another was the ball size. The last one we changed was angle of release.

In catapults we changed one variable at a time! The main variables the we changed were the height and the distance.We changed the height of the catapult,then we changed the length of the flip stick for distance!!!! When we were testing height I think the variable that made the most difference was when we changed the length of the popsicle stick!! The popsicle sick is actually called a flip stiick when we used it for catapults! When we were testing for distance I think the variable that made the most difference was when we changed the height of the catapult!!

What makes a controlled expeirement is you have to be organized, only change one variable at a time, and you have to know what your doing!! If you don't do those the experement will go bad. You don't wqant to have your experement go bad!! Well go to go!!

Sincerly,

Goldilocks :)

Article posted November 8, 2007 at 02:45 AM GMT • comment • Reads 48

I am going to talk about the stuff we have been doing in science with catapults. We have been changing a lot of variables. We only change only one variable at a time so we can have a controled experiment. The variables we have been changing are, angle of release, length of flipper, and size of foil ball. We are measuring how high and far our foil ball goes. We are in groups of three. We are also flinging little corks with our catapults. That is how my class is learning about catapults.

Article posted November 9, 2007 at 01:11 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 51

Hi Everyone,

It's me Sabrina!

Me and my class just finnished an experiment with catapults.

We wanted to do a controlled experiment so first we changed the size of the thing we are flinging. First we started out with a big foil ball and we saw how HIGH it would go. We did the same with the medium, small and tiny balls. We recorded the results to see it there was a pattern in the answers. We did the same with all of the balls but, to see how FAR we could fling them.

The variable that made the most difference for HEIGHT, was the tension on the catapult.

The vairable that made the most difference for LENGHT, was how far the catapult was sticking out of the launcher.

A controlled experiment is an experiment that is controlled. You would test your experiment, and to try to make a difference, change a variable on the next time you do the experiment. Then, you would do the next test but, change a diffenert variable and so on.

Sabrina

Ninja!