by teacher: Professor McGonagall

Article posted March 14, 2008 at 10:09 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 371

Final Writing Assignment

March 13, 2008

Annabeth

Dear Dad,

I want to go to Alaska (instead of a BORING art museum) because I want to see the Iditarod race.

The Iditarod race started in 1973. In 1925 when Nome caught a disease called Diphtheria many people and animals died. So they decided to send a relay of dog sled teams to Anchorage to get Anti-Toxin, which is the only medicine that can cure Diphtheria. One of those dogs was named Balto. Balto was half-dog half-wolf. The race goes is 1,112 miles! Wow that’s a long race!

The weather in Alaska is very cold I bet it gets like 8 below in the winter. You could get frostbite really easily if your not prepared. But I bet if we have a lot of hand and feet warmers I thin we’ll be fine.

The mountains are so B-e-a-utiful so I would love to take pictures. All the dog sled teams have to have at least 12 dogs and you have to end the race with 6th at the least. If you get to 5 dogs I think you’re automatically out. This year Lance Mackey won his 6th year in a row.

So the reason I want to go to Alaska because of the Iditarod.

Love,

Annabeth

Final Writing assignment

1. What do you like about Alaska?

*Snow

*Big place

*Fires

*COCO

2. History of Alaska?

*When kids where sick they sent a musher and his dogs out on a quest to get the medicine.

3. Weather in Alaska?

*Cold

*Frost bite

*Snowy

4.Geography of Alaska?

*Alaska range

*Brooks range

5.Dog sled team and & Mushers?

*My musher is Allen Moore

*Dogs on the trail get left behind sometimes because they might get sick or they might sprain an ankle! SO SAD!

6.Re-explain why Alaska?

*Snow

*Big place

*Fires

*COCO!

BY: Taryn

hello world,

this is my musher bio.

My Musher

Warren palfrey is 32 and started running dogs when he was 11 years old! In his hometown Rankin inlet nunavut. He started mushing by running a trap line with a team of Siberian huskies, Eskimo dogs, and Alaskan huskies. He has northern star kennels, it’s a home to 55 adult Alaskan huskies, 20 puppies of his breeding and he brang his family of dogs to Yellowknife. There he went on with his dream to be a dog musher. In 2006 he was the first person to receive a Leonard sleppa heritage grant. New comers get the grant to the iditarod. And he will be in the 2008 iditarod race, which starts on March 4.

From,

klaus

Article posted March 14, 2008 at 06:00 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 73

Dear Mom and Dad,

For our trip we should go to Alaska. Why Alaska? There is cool scenery, interesting activities but most of all; I want to watch the Iditarod Race.

What is the Iditarod? The Eskimos and Inuit people were the first humans that traveled the course known as the Iditarod trail. It started back when gold was found in Nome Alaska. Later a terrible disease spread in Nome. This disease was known as Diphtheria. The only cure was a medicine known as Anit-Toxin. A team of sled dogs was sent to get the medicine from Anchorage and back to Nome. The trip was more than 1000 miles. In 1973, Joe Reddington thought that to honor the dogs that had saved Nome, there should be a race from Anchorage to Nome. The race is known as the Iditarod Race.

The weather in Alaska is really unpredictable. It could be freezing cold with blizzards or warm, which is dangerous because the ice could melt. Anything could happen on the trail.

Along the trail, mushers and dogs face many challenges together. They must work as a team. The Yukon River is one of many. On the trail there is a checkpoint on top of a mountain. That checkpoint is known as Rainy Pass. There are also many hills and rivers to complicate things. The mushers and dogs risk all to win the race.

Mushers and dogs work completely as a team. At the beginning, mushers must knit at least 1000 booties for the dogs. Booties are like shoes that dogs wear to protect their feet. A team is usually one musher and 17 to 18. Sometimes if a dog is sick of injured, then the musher leaves that dog at the next checkpoint. Over all there are usually about 70 racers. This year there were about 100. My musher is Lance Mackey. He won the 2007 Iditarod and this years Iditarod race.

Once again the reason I want to go to Alaska is to watch the Iditarod race. I would learn about sled dog racing, history and have FUN=http://!

From

Sabrina

Article posted March 13, 2008 at 08:27 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 69

Why I want to go to Alaska

March 11, 2008

Final writing assignment

Wiglaf

Dear Mom & Dad,

I want to go to Alaska this year instead of something boring like last year. Here are a couple of reasons I want to go to Alaska instead of an art museum. I want to go to Alaska because then I would get to see the Iditarod, which is the oldest sled dog race in the United States, and people come from all over just to be in it. It would be really fun to watch it and meet the racers. The racers are called mushers because when they’re going along the trail they yell mush instead of go. On the team there are 16 dogs in the beginning and they lose and gain dogs throughout the race and you have to have at least 6 dogs to finish the race. Right now my favorite musher in the iditarod is Warren Palfrey. The race is over now Warren got 26th place. So I don’t think he got any prize money but it must have been fun still.

I should probably tell you about the weather there to it is really cold there. And any water there freezes up in the wintertime. There is a lot of snow and ice there too so that’s what makes it really cold there. And a lot of people up there get frostbite really easily so if we go we should remember to pack warm clothes.

Now im going to tell you about the history of the Iditarod sled dog race. The trail that the Iditarod is on used to be a supply trail to deliver medicine to Nome from Anchorage. Dog sled teams used to be sent out on trails to Nome to bring the medicine. Along time ago Nome was saved because a relay of dogsled teams were sent out to bring medicine.

Now its time for me to tell you about the geography of Alaska. Alaska has a lot of mountains and when I say a lot I mean a lot. Alaska has a whole bunch of windy roads and trails that’s probably just more spots for the iditarod trail to go along. Alaska has a lot of rivers, lakes and streams. Oh and the waters really cold so ah don’t fall in.

Now for my closing paragraph. So if we went to Alaska I might find oil and earn us millions, so why not go? If we went it would be so much more fun than last year doesn’t you think? (Probably not) alright that’s all for now see ya later.

Why I want to go to Alaska

March 11,2008

Mary Alice

Dear parents I want to go to Alaska. So I will tell you why I want to go to Alaska. IT is because every year there is a dog sled race. It happened many years ago. There was a sickness called Diphtheria and. The only way to get the medicine was for a group of dogs. They started Archer then with only 16 dogs and a masher. They have to travel to Nome, which is 1200 miles. That is a long ways away, and they still do that because it is a tradition.

I should also tell you what the weather is like in Alaska. It is really rough sometimes and it is really is cold. So when it snows you might need a huge jacket to keep you warm sometime and when I mean huge I mean huge!

And every year there is new mashers. And there is a lot from last year.So you will never know how will be in the race. So I will tell you some of the mashers, like my favorite masher lance Mackey or Jeff kings and one more, which is Jeff Kingman

Next is the geography about Alaska the rout that they are taking is the exact trail that they took in 1925. So you have to go across frozen ice, rivers, up hills go down them and lots of mashers lose there doges well not lose but some of them will get hurt so the mashers don’t go as fast as they usually do.

And so mom and dad. I want to go to Alaska because of the tradition. The cute doges and watching the racer finish and to see the red lantern. The red lantern is a lantern that the Last person will get. It also means it also means hope.

Love Mary Alice

Iditarod

Final Assignment

By Eragon

Hi mom and dad! I believe for our family trip we should go to the Iditarod. It would be educational event because you can

Learn about why they started the event. Alaska is one of two the

States outside of the continental United States of America, it would be a wonderful thing, it would be a whole new adventure for the

Family.

I bet even my annoying sisters will like it. It is fats paced and it will be

Totally worth it in the end. I believe Alaska will be the place to go for our

“Educational” family trip.

The history of the Iditarod is this…

In 1925, in Nome, Alaska there was a terrible disease called diphtheria and all the medicine was gone so a group of sled dogs went to Anchorage and back to Nome and got all of the medicine to

The ill. So some years later someone organized the first Iditarod and so now every year musher race from Anchorage to Nome, Alaska to see whom the. The first Iditarod took place in 1973 with a total of 34 mushers. The winner of the first Iditarod was Dick Wilmarth. People come from allover the world to compete in the Great American Sled Dog Race the Iditarod.

Here is the weather in Alaska…

Now I won’t lie but Alaska is cold and it is snowy and all those things but

I believe it would be fine we could buy warm coats and wool socks. Just let’s not get frostbite (except maybe my little sister Rosy) I mean it is warm in the summer but we would be there in the winter and I know the average temperature is about 19 Degrees Fahrenheit. But still I bet you 5 bucks it will be worth it in the end

The Geography of Alaska is there is allot of snow and mountains

And there is a lot of mountains one are Mt. McKinley the tallest mountain in North America so maybe we could go there after the Iditarod. Now back to persuade you to let us go to the Iditarod, There are several rivers one is the Yukon River which run from about North to South in Alaska there are many ranges one is called the Alaska Range. So there are a couple of things about

The Geography of the Iditarod

Now it is about the Mushers and Sled dogs

A couple mushers are Gerry Willomitzer, Jeff King, and Matt Hayashida and many more. Some famous sled dogs are Balto, Hot Foot and a lot others. Most sled dog is Alaskan Husky but some are a bread of Wolf and Dog,

Siberian Huskies and Alaskan malamute and some other types of dogs.

So those are 5 reasons my I believe we should go to Alaska. I think it would be the funnest Family trip in the History of the Family (well maybe, I guess that trip where dad fell off a cliff was good but you know what I mean) so in conclusion I believe we should go to Alaska to see the Iditarod.

Sincerely,

Eragon

Article posted March 13, 2008 at 08:06 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 120

#3

Balto was a Siberian husky, and in 1925 he led his team on the Iditarod to Nome. In 1925 doctors also discovered a disese called diphtheria, and the cure was over 16,000km, so they had to send more than 20 musters, but Balto’s team got it back. After that he was idolized and they made a statue of him (see above.)

#3 The Cold

Cold feels like your body is on fire, and like your body is covered in needles. Well, that is not very common in W.A. here you feel like you are in a fridge, not a freezer.

The Weather

The weather in A.K. is this, Wed. –3*c/-7*c, Tue. 0*c/-6*c, Fri. –3*c/-13*c, and Sat. –6*c/-9*c.

Frost-Bite

Cold, Falling, Ow, Yikes, and Blue.

#3

1 Southwest

2 Eagle River to Wasilla

3 Northwest

4 Wasilla

5 Ophir to Cripple

6 It can save you because you can find your way to the closet town (or back to the trail)

Week #4

#1

Hugh Neff

He is 40 years old, he was a veteran, he was born Chattanooga, Tennessee, He is a dawg, and here is his sponsors: Mary & Lisa Akers

Carol & George Figdore

June Shelley

The Bloomin' Crew

Dr. Tims Pet Food Co.

Mister K's Plumbing

AquaTech Supplies & Services.

#2

Some things they need are: map and compass, warm clothes, dog food, Food, sled, and firewood.

Week #5

“Well, I love dogs, so I found this job so now I can always be with dogs.”

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIditarod oh IIIIIIIIIditarod Now you connect me with dogs oh I love you IIIIIIIIIIIIIIditarod.

The Iditarod By: Roxas Jingle-butt the 29th

Today is Saturday March 1, 2008 and the Iditarod has begun! What is the Iditarod, you ask? Well, its motto is ‘the last great race’ and, it’s a dog race. It takes Place from Anchorage to Nome Alaska!

Dear Musher,

I can’t believe you=http:// I was the best dog there and you didn’t choose me?! Uhg!!!! Don’t com crying to me when you loose the Iditarod!!!

From,

The Best Dog

Ash, Brock, Crogunk, Dan, Empolion, Flower, Gasser, Hikaru, Ichigo, Just, Kiba, Lotad, Mouse, Naruto, Oobon, Pichu, Quagzire, Rattata, Sai, The 4th Hokay, Umpbrion, Vaporion, Willow, Xatu, Yai, Zubat, I chose these because they are all manga and anime names.

I want to go to A.K. because of the dog race, or ‘the Iditarod.’ The first one was in 1973. It happened because the town of Nome was in great peril. There was a disease called ‘diphtheria’ the dogs raced to anchorage to get the cure called ‘anti-toxin.’ The firs fun race was in 1975. The weather is often snowy and cold, but I should think it would be worth it. Alaska is west from Canada and south from the North Pole. Some of the racers a.k.a musher’s names are Hugh Neff, Silvia Willis, and Jeff King. So again, I want to go because of the Iditarod!

Roxas

Final writing assignment

One of the reason’s we could go to Alaska is, because the iditarod will be held there. Two is Lemony’s uncle lives their.

First, Eskimos and Inuit’s were the first to live there. Seconded, there was a gold rush

Now to tell you about the great weather in Alaska…Ok not really its bad. There are snow blankets and thick ice covers seas one of the rivers that get covered is the Alaska river.

Here is one of the coolest parts of the dog sled teams and mushers in the iditarod, my team musher Matt Caloer is awesome and he is going to win!!! But Matt is in 54 and somebody already won. 100 teams are all lead bye 12 to 16 dogs. 100 times 16 =1600 starting out but some dogs get hurt and the teams don’t end the race with as many as they stared with.

Some geography about the iditarod is that the first one was because there was a serious sickness cald ditheriea so the people of Alaska put together some of the best dogs in Alaska to go to anchorage to get the medicine and bring it back.

Here is why I would like to go to Alaska again. Because the iditarod will be held in Alaska. Last are Lemony’s uncle lives in Alaska .

FROM

SMEAGOL

Final Writing Assignment

Dear Mom and Dad,

One reason we can go to Alaska is we could see the Iditarod. Another reason is Uncle Danny lives in Alaska.

There is some great history to the Iditarod sled dog race. One of the first people to live on the Iditarod trail was the Eskimos and the Inuit people. There was gold discovered in Alaska at a time (gold rush). Alaskan people started to get sick. This sickness was called Diphtheria. A relay of dog sled teams had to run and get the medicine that would cure Diphtheria. It is the only medicine that will cure Diphtheria. The first Iditarod was in the year of 1973. The winner was Dick Wilmarth. His lead dog was named Hot Foot. It took Wilmarth 20 days to finish the race.

The weather in Alaska is cold in the winter, but some people tell me it’s hot in the summer. In the winter there are snow blankets and thick ice that cover the seas.

There are lots of ranges in Alaska. One is called the Alaska Range. Another is called the Brooke Range. There are also rivers in Alaska. One is called the Yukon River.

In school we have our own musher that we study. The musher I study is Matt Calore. I really hope he wins the race, but he’s not on to pace to win. Matt started out with 16 dogs and now he has 8 as I’m writing this letter. The least amount of dogs you can have is 6. He might have to drop out. In the start there were about 100 teams. Now there is only 83 (as I’m writing this letter). I really hope we can to Alaska.

From,

Lemony

hello world,

this is my writing assingment

Final writing assignment

Dear mom and dad,

One reason why I want to go to Alaska is the iditarod is there! The race is really long. And there is lots of snow. How cool would that be?

There is lots of history of the race. The first iditarod was in 1973 in Alaska. The first people to live on the iditarod trails were the Eskimos and Inuit people. Gold was discovered in Alaska (gold rush).

The weather is ok, there is snow blankets and blizzards. Also ice covers miles and miles of water and other body’s of water. It’s not like Hawaii but it’s awesome.

The geography and mountains are big. There’s the Alaska Range and the brook. Also one of the rivers is the Yukon. We will drive over the mountains if we go.

There are about 100 teams for the iditarod every year, but some drop out in the middle of the race! One of the mushers is warren palfrey he is good. On teams there is different types of dogs. There are mostly huskies.

Last I really hope we can go to Alaska. There is the iditarod to remind you. And the snow is so cool.

From klaus

Roxas

Article posted March 12, 2008 at 09:47 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 78

when the Iditorod started is 1925 and tthat is when the people needed some medicine for a

desease called diphtheria it was a lung desease

and they needed some surum(thats what they called it)they tried to send the surum by ship but the

lake was frozen. Then they tried to send it by aircraft but there was to many storms.Then they tried to send it by train but it only went to

Nenena.Then they had to transpport the serum by

dog sled to nome.That is how the iditarod started.

Tey had to relay the surum to Nome.At least 20

dog teams took this place in the race.The race

would take at least 5 days 7 hours.To the first checkpoint it would be at least 647 miles and 27.4

hours.the they soon got the surum to Nome and it healed all the sick children.Now Nome is in peace

with no sickness but if there were any it would be

taken care of.Now there is a statue of Baltro in

New York's central park and the body of Balto is

preseved in clevelands history museum.The people in Nome want Bolto back in hi home town

Article posted March 12, 2008 at 09:47 PM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 81

Today at 2:46 am Lance Mackey won the Iditarod Dog Sled Race=http://=http://=http://=http://=http://=http://=http://!!! When we were at school yesterday we found a GPS that tracked down the racers. At White Mountain Lance was neck to neck with Jeff King and at one point we saw that he went off the trail a bit. Then everybody in my class kept saying that he was a cheater. It was really annoying. Klaus was the one you kept doing it. He even did it the loudest of all when he found out that he won yesderday. I think this is the second time he has won. But I have to go now. Bye! See you later! Oh and by the way go comment Klaus's blog and ask why he was yelling alot. That will torture him real time!

Article posted March 11, 2008 at 10:14 PM GMT • comment (4) • Reads 58

By, Frodo

If I was a musher these would be my dog names.

1. Shadow because he is sneaky

2. Spartan because he is strong like a Spartan

3. Gumdrop because she is sweet

4. Stripes because he has stripes on his back

5. Jet because he is fast

6. Tiny Tim because he is very tiny

7. Molly because my cousin has a nice dog named Molly

8. Lucky because he is lucky

9. Happy because he is happy

10. Puma because she’s really fierce

11. Spike because his fur is spiky

12. Spot because he has a huge spot on his back

13. Coil because he coils up when he’s sleeping

14. Lightning because he strikes like lightning

15. Scratcher because he likes to scratch people

16. Jumper because he jumps very high

17. Diger because he likes to dig

18. Fang because he has sharp fangs

19. Claws because he has incredibly sharp claws

20. Eater because he eats a lot

Learning about the Iditarod is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much fun!

So far my musher is Lance Mackey because Gary Paulson quit the race. Lance is doing so good. He only has 5 checkpoints so go by and He is in first place!

Learning about the geography, history and the dogs is so fun!

Article posted March 6, 2008 at 10:10 PM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 102

1. Naomi: because it sounds elegant.

2. Dave: because it rhymes with “brave”

3.Mia: from the movie “Eight Below.”

4.Steele: from the movie “Balto.”

5.Scarlet: because if I have a beautiful deep dark red-dog, Scarlet would be the perfect name for it.

6.Goldbond: because there is a very rare chinchilla color that is called Goldbond and I have 7 chinchillas and expecting!

7. Mocha: because mochas are a cream colored liquid and it would be cool to have a cream colored dog.

8. Prime: because after a term in math.

9. Caesar: because after a famous person Julius Caesar.

10. Malay: because it means fight and I want a dog that “fights” till thee end.

11. Patrick: because my birthday is in March and the holiday in March is Saint Patrick’s Day.

12. Annie: because it sounds cute.

13. Jack: after the adventurous story “Jack and the Beanstalk.”

14. Lissie: after the American Girl series of Felicity. I like how Felicity’s family calls her Lissie.

15. Alex: after my brother.

16. Georgia: because after a state that was named after King George the 3rd.

17. Will: “will” do anything to win a race. That’s what I want my dogs to be if I had 20.

18.Jenna: after the graceful husky in “Balto.”

19. Jake: because if you hear the word “Jake” then it sounds like it to me that he likes humans.

20. Pepper: because my mom uses pepper a lot in her food and I like using peppers in food to.

Assignment # 4

Musher Bio

Hi! I am going to tell you all about my musher in the Iditarod. Her name is heather siirtola. She is 30 years old and is a veteran of the Iditarod. Right now she is 75th in the race. That is what I know about my musher.

Article posted March 6, 2008 at 08:22 PM GMT • comment (4) • Reads 78

MY Top 20 Dog Names

By Eragon

1.Eragon:It is my online Nickname

2.Fletcher:It is from a book called Half Moon Investigations

3.Artemis:It is from a book called Artemis Fowl

4.Boots: He is my Cat

5.Ivan: He is Boots’s brother

6.Lepy: He is my Little Lizard

7.Poppi: He is my fish

8.Marigold: She is my other fish

9.Steve: He is my Dad

10.Jennifer: She is my Mom

11.Gwenie: She was my old cat

12.Comett: He was my old fish

13.Dennis: He was also my older fish

14.Eldest:It is a great book and sequel to Eragon

15.Posiden: He is the Greek God of Water

16.Carlos: He is named after my Favorite Baseball Player

17.Julius: He is named after the Roman leader Julius Ceaser

18.Riley: He is my Best Friend

19.Jordan: It is in a book that a read like 5 years ago

20.SpongeBob: Ok I had to put in a funny name so here it is.

Sincerely,

Eragon

Article posted March 6, 2008 at 08:07 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 67

hello world,

these are my dogs names.

Dogs names

· Steve. Its my old nickname

· Banana. My favorite fruit

· Chicken. He is a chicken and shy

· Cookie monster. He loves cookies

· Skittles. Favorite candy

· Spike. He is mean

· Fred. Cool name

· Monkey. He’s crazy

· Dante. One of my friends name

· Kalien. The name is cool

· Parker. One of my friends

· Treasure. He finds things that ore secret

· Grumpy. He’s very grumpy

· Speedy. He’s the fastest on the team

· Klaus. Its my school name

· Balto. He’s famous

· Chief. My dogs name

· Coda. Also my dogs name

· 360. He spins around a lot

· Mike. My dads name

from klaus

20 Dog Names

1. Ketchup- it can go on burgers.

2. Burger King- It is unusual to see one.

3. Red Robin- It has greasy food.

4. McDonalds- they have good fries.

5. Ice Cream- It is very good for when it is hot.

6. Dairy King- It is unusual to see one.

7. Bobs Burger- It has great burgers.

8. Chocolate- it gets you exited.

9. Pickles- they are good on burgers.

10. Cookie Dough- That is great for cookies, and to eat plain.

11. Macaroni- it is cheesy.

12. Chicken- KFC is the best.

13. Fried- it can fry chicken.

14. Cheese- I like cheese on burgers.

15. Burger- they are tasty.

16. Shrimp- they are awesome.

17. Cocktail- that is good seafood.

18. Bread- it is good with butter.

19. Ginger- it is good with gingerbread.

20. Brownie- They are chocolaty and melt in your mouth if you cook them right.

Article posted March 6, 2008 at 07:30 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 126

HI HI WORLD,

Well Im supposed to tell you what I would name my 20 dogs. I didn’t know what to name them so I just did whatever, Oh and I divided the GIRLS and BOYS into ten.

10 boys and why,

LINK: I chose this one two be the leader because in the game the legend of Zelda he is the mane character, MARTH & ROY: I chose these guys as the second leader because he is also strong like link, COORO & HUSKY: These characters are from my favorite anime show called ANIMA, PICHU & PICACHU: I chose them because they are so cute and I thought it would be perfect, YOUNG LINK & TOON LINK: I chose these characters because they appear in the new game super smash bros brawl, GANON: UHHH I chose this one because UHHH well I couldn't think of anything ells UH HEH HEH.

10 GIRLS AND WHY,

ZELDA: I chose her as the leader of the girls because she has the Triforce of wisdom, NANA & ROSE: These two are from the same anime show its called ANIMA and they are the second leaders of the girls, PEACH: I chose her because I like to play Mario games, JIGGLY PUFF: Ok even you have to say JIGGLY PUFF is kind of cute, NINA: She is from the anime, ZAKURO & ICHIGO: Well duh you all know it TOKYO MEW MEW, KIKKI: Well this was the first anime I ever got its called

KIKKI’S DELIVERY SERVICE, SAMUS: This one is from the game called

SUPER SMASH BROS MELEE.

Well that’s all for today and just to tell you I really don’t want this much dogs HEH HEH.

Article posted March 6, 2008 at 07:30 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 92

1.Patrick- Cause he Is a star!

2.Spongebob- Cause It's my faavorite cartoon!

3.Chacha- Cause I like to do the chacha

4.Salsa- I like to do the salsa!

5.Lilly- Cause lilys are really pretty flowers!

6.Tullip- Cause tullips are really pretty flowers!

7.Sunshine- Cause It's bright(bright means smart)

8.Skittles- Cause There good and sweet

9.Hot Tamale- Spicy and delicious

10.Pepper- Cause Fired up and good to eat

11.Pineapples- Cause There My favorite fruit

12.Smiley- Cause I like to smile a lot

13.Nemo- Cause I love that movie!

14.Napoleon- Cause It was a areally good movie!

15.Yogo- Cause I like yogos

16.Yogurt- Cause my nickname Is yogurt & it's good

17.America- Cause it is a great Country

18.Dr.Seuss- Cause he rocks and I love his writing

19.Balto- Cause he was a hero

20.Max- cause that dogs name

21.Ginger- cause ginger is my cats name!!!

22.Shadow- Cause he was my old dog!

23.Buddy- Cause buddy is my old fishes name

24.Freddy- Cause he was my old fish

25.Violet- Cause Violet is my name on d-blog

26.Goldilocks- Cause shes my best friend

27.Taryn- Cause shes my best friend

28.Sabrina- cause shes my best friend

29.Dede- Cause that is my mushers name

30.Bob- My Old goldfish

31.Joe- My old goldfish

32.Taxy- My cat

33.Coco- My other cat

34.Bruiser- Cause I like that name

35.Pongo- Cause I like that name

36.Bella- Cause It reminds me of bell from beauty and the beast!

Dog Names

1. Soy Sauce- Leader.

2. Ranch- He likes salad.

3. BBQ- He likes ribs.

4. Ketchup- He likes hot dogs & burgers.

5. Mustard- He likes hot dogs & burgers.

6. Relish- He likes hot dogs & burgers.

7. Sweet- She is very nice.

8. Sour- He is mean.

9. Salsa- He likes chips.

10. Sour Crème- He likes tacos.

11. Tomato- He likes tacos.

12. Marinara- He likes chips.

13. Pepper- He likes a lot of things.

14. Salt- He likes a lot of things.

15. Jalapeno- He is mean.

16. Tabasco- He is mean.

17. Mayo- He likes sandwiches.

18. Mayonnaise- He likes sandwiches.

19. Honey- She is very nice.

20. Sugar- She is very nice.

Iditarod Week #4

· My musher is Matt Calore and he is 33. Matt was born and raised in Massachusetts. Matt was a sailor, boat builder, and a carpenter when he used to live in Main and Minnesota. Matt became a musher in 2000. He says he got interested in the Iditarod when he stopped being crazy. Matt’s hobby’s are sailing, hunting, and fishing.

Iditarod Week #3

· Question #1: The journey from Kaltag to Unalakleet will take you in which direction? South-West

· Question #2: Although the journey from Anchorage to Nome is mostly northwest, there are some parts of the trail that will take a musher northeast. Between which checkpoints on the trail will the mushers head northeast? From Opire to Ruby.

· Question #3: As you check in at Skwenta, Mt. McKinley is about 50 miles due north of where you are. You then travel the 45 miles to Finger Lake. As you check in at Finger Lake, Mt. McKinley will be in which direction? North.

· Question #4: According to the map, which checkpoint is farthest east? Anchorage

· Question #5: Which consecutive checkpoints appear to be the farthest from each other? Ophire and Cripple

· Question #6: Which consecutive checkpoints appear to be closest to each other? Takotna and Ophire

· Question #7: Something to think about: How could a compass and a map save a life in the Alaskan wilderness? It could tell you which way you’re going!!! It could tell to go north or south or east and west.

Iditarod Week #1

· Balto was a Siberian sled dog, which led his team in the 1925 serum run to Nome. There is a sculpture of Balto in New York City. There is an inscription on the statue that says “Dedicated to the indomitable spirit of the sled dogs that relayed antitoxin 660 miles over rough ice, across treacherous waters, through Arctic blizzards from Nenana to the relief of stricken Nome in the Winter of 1925.

Endurance · Fidelity · Intelligence”

Article posted March 5, 2008 at 09:59 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 72

Ok. My teahcer is making us do an article about what we would name our 20 dogs if we were on a dog sled team. Ok here's what I would name them:

1.Cool(my leader)

2.Rosy

3.Jack

4.Sour Cream

5.Venus

6.Balto

7.Jenna

8.Boris

9.Muk

10.Luk

11.Spagetti

12.Turkey

13.Andie

14.Chase

15.Reilly

16.Fun

17.Tie

18.Food

19.Low

20.Alissa

Those would be my dogs name's if I had a dog sled team!!

Sincerely,

Goldilocks :)

Article posted March 5, 2008 at 09:47 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 74

Musher Bio of Lance Mackey

Lance Mackey was born and was raised in Alaska. He is the #1 champion of the 2007 Iditarod dog sled race. His dad Dick Mackey won the 1978 Iditarod race also. His older Ron Mackey as won the 1983. They both had the bib #13. Last year Lance got the chance to have the bib #13 also just has he had planned. He and his wife Tonya have 4 kids all of them in there teens.

Article posted March 4, 2008 at 07:39 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 68

I have something very sad to tell you. On the second day of the Iditarod my musher G.B. Jones dropped out! I was devistated. And other kids in my class had there mushers dropp out to. So Professor McGonagall said that if your musher dropped out then pick out a another musher to cheer on. Guess who I picked? LANCE MACKEY THE CHAMPION OF THE 2007 IDITAROD DOG SLED RACE!!! Annabeth and Sabrina are also on my team. I just wanted to tell you this because pretty soon I will have a paragrah of Lance Mackey ( also known as a Musher Bio) as a article. Got ta go. Bye!

hello world,

My class is working on a project on the Iditarod. Here is the link to the home page.click here this is my group page.click here this is one of my group members blogclick here this is another team members blogclick here this is another members blog again. this is my last members blog click here this is the official site click here

click on all of them there awesome!

from klaus

Article posted February 25, 2008 at 10:10 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 70

I think K-9 is cool because the musher pretends to be the dog and tells kids abought the iditarod.

Roxas

P.S. here is K-9

Learning about the iditarod is so much fun.

Here is a link to get to the iditarod home page.

You can check out all the work my group has done. My group's name is
Team Paulson.

I have
Legolas in my group.He is, like me, from DragonBlogs.

Brett is from Mr. Ellis's class. He is in my group.

Naim E who is also in by group is from the school in Beriuet, ACS.

Butter is in my group but goes to school at Haultain in Canada.

On the
Iditrod official site there is a list of all the mushers and information on them. There is also a picture of them.

Here is a link to
my musher

My musher is Gary Paulson.

I can't wait until the race startes!

Article posted February 25, 2008 at 09:45 PM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 1140

The K-9 Blogs has four dogs reporting the Iditarod sled dog race. There is Gypsy,Sanka,Zuma and Libby,they don't do the blogs there human does it for them. That would be weird if you see a dog typing! The website is called Iditarod Blogs.

We are doing an Iditarod here is our first page click here.

http://iditarod-collaborative-project.wikispaces.com/Team+Sousa

http://www.classblogmeister.com/blog.php?user_id=73127&blogger_id=109669http://www.classblogmeister.com/blog.php?user_id=73127&blogger_id=73533http://www.classblogmeister.com/blog.php?user_id=97064&blogger_id=108721http://www.iditarod.com/race/musherprofiles/musherbio_67.html

Article posted February 19, 2008 at 07:40 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 49

Dearest Dragons,

My class is working on a project about the Iditirod.

Here is a link to the Iditirod Home Page: Click Here

Here is a link to my group work page: Click Here My team number is #19. my musher is Matt Calore. Here is a link to Freddy's blog from Haultain. Click Here

Here is a link to Sarah M's blog in Mr. Ellis's class.Click Here

here is a link to Maya A's blog in ACSClick Here

here is a link to the official Iditirod home page: Click Here

Here is my musher: Matt Calore

Hey me again. Sorry we're late on the the Iditarod project but Professor McGonagall forgot that we had already started the Iditarod Projet. But anyways if you want to learn more about it go to Main page. Eveyone is in groups. My team members are gangastdaddy,mietosh,Dakota I, and Dani S. Well those are my team members. The Weather is snowy and cold like 1 degress celseice. This is the link to the learn. So thats the the stuff I know about the Iditarod race.

Until Next time,

Annabeth

Ninja!