Copyright (c) 2014 by JH Little Monkey Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
JH Little Monkey -- Blogmeister

Class of 2009

We are 5th graders at Palmer Elementary. We love blogging and using technology to improve our literacy skills!

by JH Little Monkey

teacher: Suzanne Kick

My Resolutions
1/21/09

I have three important New Years resolutions and I want to share them with you. Why make resolutions? Out of all the people in the world, nobody is perfect. My first resolution is to have more patience with Aiden. I also want to find better ways to get through Pixie’s heat. My last resolution is to play with different friends. Now you know my three resolutions. I’ll be a better person in ’09!

My personal improvement is to find better ways to get through my cat, Pixie’s heat. I want to do this because I won’t get as annoyed, and she is special to me. It would make her a happier cat. A few ways I could do this might be to spend more time with her, and spending more time with her in general. She might even end up sleeping at night.

My family and friends resolution is to be more patient with my half-brother Aiden. This is one resolution because he is family and I don’t want to end up hurting him. I love him and I need to be a good example. One way I could do this is playing with him more often. This could help me understand him better. The way I act affects the way he acts.

My last (but not least) resolution is to be frolicsome with other friends. I want to do this because I always am impish with the same people. Over and over. I want to get to know other friends better. A lot of them feel more like pen- pals then classmates. Places and times I could do this is at recess on the playground, and at parties. I guess it would help if I asked them to play too.

Now that I’ve told you my resolutions, it’s time follow through to them. I’ve told about getting through Pixie’s heat, I’ve told you how I’m going to act around Aiden, and I have told you how I’m going to play with other friends. I now have to do them!

Article posted February 2, 2009 at 12:28 PM • comment • Reads 51 • see all articles