Copyright (c) 2014 by Keeley L Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Keeley L -- Blogmeister

Keeley's Blog 2012-

Welcome to 'Area 9' class blog. We are a class of 30 super Year 6 students. A few students blogging for the first time and others clear experts in this field. Please feel free to share our experiences and comment on our individual learning journeys.

by Keeley L teacher: Helen Taylor
Forensic Science 09/25
Learning Journey 09/20
Assembly 09/20
Term 3 Targets 07/23
Queenie 07/23
Capital letters 06/20
reporting 06/04
Metaphors/Similes 05/08
Term 1 04/30

Article posted September 26, 2012 at 06:41 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 75

My part in area nine’s assembly was an athlete. My part as an athlete was to be a bad sports and to cheat i would hit and elbow the person next to me.

My speech was on sportsman and womenship and this is how it goes: We have spoke a lot about sportsman and womenship about fairness, respect, determination any of our Oberthur virtues.

Like Oberthur the IOC really vale such virtues and I am pleased to see it does not go unrecognized, for each olympics they present the Pierre de Coubertin sportsman and womenship medal.

The olympics is an opportunity for elite athletes to compete at the highest level whilst enjoying interactions and friendships of others. Just like our school sports day. Thank you for listening that concludes area nine’s assembly.

The part i enjoyed the most was when i was running the 100 meter race and being a dirty cheat i liked it because I love acting. The part i didn’t enjoy was when i was waiting to say my speech the reason why is because i was the last person to speak so the pressure was on.

Article posted September 26, 2012 at 05:54 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 46

On the 16 August 2012 Mr Lewis came to area nine to talk about Forensic science. Forensic science is using finger prints to figure out what finger pattern you have. Finger prints can also help police find criminals.

We did a test to see what finger patterns we have there are three patterns there is a loop a whorl and an arch. instead of using ink which we had a piece of paper and used our pencil led and colour a patch darkly then would rub different finger an different hand my test results said that all of my ten finger patterns are loops.

Five facts about the session

1.most people had more loops than any other finger pattern

2.whorls were the lest common

3.police use this method for evidence in an investigation

4.arch is more popular than whorls but less popular that loops

5. All finger prints are never the same

Article posted September 26, 2012 at 04:40 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 43

One target is to a lest get three tasks done in the first week my literacy homework

Another target is to more done society and environment and finish tasks

My last target is to complete work quickly and quietly and not need more time than given

Article posted September 12, 2012 at 09:02 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 46

Queenie is a story about an Indian baby elephant that gets captured in 1895 she was loaded on a ship and was bought to Australia and was kept in Melbourne zoo. Queenie was the first elephant to be kept in the Melbourne zoo. When she was nine she was able to give people rides around the zoo, Queenie was able to carry 500 people a day. Children who were on an excursion would be nasty and cruel to Queenie by sticking pins in her trunk and giving her food the snatching it away Queenie soaked up dirty pool water and sprayed it all over the children. After 40 years of carrying people along the same route and being fed from taunting human hands her frustration finally showed. In 1944, Queenie trampled her keeper, Wilfred Lawson, to death. Due to the war food supplies and water supplies were very low so the only option was for Queenie to be destroyed. Queenie died at the age of 48.

Article posted June 21, 2012 at 09:42 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 48

We use capital letters in many different way these are three ways we use capital letters.

We use capital letters at the start of a sentence E.g. The weather forecast was right.

We also use capital letters for a proper noun

E.g. Has anyone been to Africa?

Another way we use capital letters is for Mr and Mrs E.g. I have seen Mrs Taylor

Article posted June 21, 2012 at 08:47 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 45

I think in Numeracy I would give my self a C because math is definitely not my strongest subject I do try my best to achieve high. The reason for why I give my self a C is I do have potential of doing really well in math but if I just work on my confidence and common knowledge of fractions I would be a lot better at Numeracy. My weaknesses are definitely Fractions, Percentages and Decimals. Some of my strength in math is coordinates and chance. I think I should get a C because I also I don’t get my work done as fast as I should.

Goals for next term

Try to get all my task completed.

Work on my common knowledge of fractions

Get my confidence back

In Literacy I think I deserve a C because I really try hard in my persuasive argument to convince people and use emotive word. My Weaknesses in Literacy are my time signatures E.g. Firstly Secondly …. and to use correct punctuation. My strength in literacy is Reciprocal reading and writing short narratives.

Goals for next term

Get better at punctuation

To use better and stronger time signatures

To write more in the clarification in Reciprocal reading

Article posted June 12, 2012 at 08:41 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 54

Metaphor

The inside of the car was a refrigerator

Cindy is a fish in the water

Swapped over is........

Simile

In side the car was as cold as a refrigerator

Cindy is like a fish when she swims

Simile

John slept like a log

Gwen sings like an expert

Swapped over is........

Metaphor

John is a log when he sleeps

Gwen is an expert when she sings

Article posted May 1, 2012 at 06:01 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 43

I think my best accomplishment was getting second in a year seven race. It was the interschool swimming carnival and my nerves were really bad. My friends Jemma and Sammy were nervous too. We had to share a bus with Banksia Park p.s. As we walked throught the security gate there were already three schools there. Jemma,Sammy and I all sat at the top of the seats. Jemma and I were in the year seven race because all of the year six's race times were faster than the year sevens.

I took my place on the diving block and before I knew it I was in the water. The girl in the lane next to me was really fast but I was close behind her. She won the race and I came second. I was very pleased with my swim.

My three goals for term two is to get better at my maths, to remember to edit my work in literacy and to have a more organised desk tray.

In term 2 I would like to see in the cirriculum more topics covering how our body works, moves and responds to physical activities.

Article posted December 12, 2011 at 02:52 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 42

On the 8th December a lady called "Coach Cash" from commenweath came to our class to talk about money. She told us all about a credit card and a debit card. If you don't know what the difference between a credit card and a debit card is I'm about to tell you.

A credit card is where you take money out of the bank and once you use up however much money you took you have to pay them back but id you what until the month finishes they will start charging you a little bit extra.

A debit card is where the debit card has all the money that you have saved and then put into you're account once you spend some of the money the bank will take it out.

Coach Cash did some really fun games with us but the game i love the most the shopping game it was really fun Chris, Jemma and Jack wen up to play the game. It was about finding the lowest prices in the shop.

She also told us a saying "speed to you're needs wait for you're wants" I think it a really good saying If you don't get it here what it means get the things that you need first and

wait for things that you want.

Article posted November 30, 2011 at 06:05 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 55

Hi my name is Keeley I'm 11 years old I go to Oberthur Primary School and i love it. I am in choir and in the oberthur netball team. My favourite subject is Phyisical Education beacuse it gets you moving.