Copyright (c) 2014 by Liz Slavens Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Liz Slavens -- Blogmeister

Poet of the Week

7-8 Language Arts

In the 2010-2011 school year, this blog will be dedicated to our poets of the week.

by Liz Slavens

Mr. Jacklin's Blogs
St John's Wikispaces
Blog Tag Generator

Article posted September 13, 2010 at 08:39 PM GMT0 • comment (20) • Reads 1810

This week we began with Robert Frost's "Stopping by a Woods on a Snowy Evening." Where have you just stopped to notice the beauty that God has created? If you haven't ever "stopped" or you don't do this often, what keeps you from noticing God's beauty? How can you devote more of your time to God and his creation?

Article posted August 23, 2010 at 10:06 PM GMT0 • comment (20) • Reads 42

This weeks poet is Shel Silverstein. He began writing poetry at the age of 12. Have you/do you ever write poetry? Feel free to share it with us.

Also, what is your favorite Shel Silverstein poem? Why?

I teach 7th and 8th grade Language Arts at St. John Lutheran School in Ellisville, MO. I graduated with a B.S. in Education from Concordia University in Seward, NE. I have my Master's degree in Middle Level Education from Maryville University in St. Louis, MO. I spending time with my family and watching sports, especially the Minnesota Vikings!!