SMEAGOLS BLOGS!-

by teacher: Professor McGonagall

hey everybody im gonna tell you about a system. a system to me is a whole bunch of things working together to make a bigger thing.

For example all of us and all the buildings we make make a community and if one species goes extinct then all the things that eat that thing will and then at one point everthing will die

Article posted May 27, 2008 at 07:18 PM GMT • comment (4) • Reads 42

hey everbody my long weakend was really fun i went to the ski to see parade saturday sunday i went to a car show that was really exciting then monday i played tennis with my mom and watched my favorite show American Gladiators.

TAXES

By. Smeagol

In 1662 king Charles granted a charter to Connecticut colonies giving the colonist the rights to make laws their own. (Spear 70) Assemblies elected by the colonists made laws, set taxes, and raised companies of troops called militia to defend the colonies. (Charter, 8) In 1687, King James wanted British parliament to make laws for the colonists. (Spear, 70)

In 1765 British parliament and the king were still able to make laws for the colonists. The king needed to pay for the French and Indian war so he made laws to tax the colonists. (Harcourt 266)

The king started the sugar act in 1764 (Harcourt 272) “This tariff angered the colonists. But what bothered them most was they had no part in making this tax law.”(Harcourt, 272) The king and British parliament had a say in passing laws. Unlike other British citizens the colonist could not elect lawmakers… but parliament was quick to remind the colonists they were British subjects. (Harcourt)

The stamp act was another blow to the colonist’s democratic ideals. The colonists had bean-practicing self-government for years.

The stamp act of 1765 was another attempt by parliament to get to get the colonist to pay for the war debt (January 6) to get stamps on paper products was what was required (to show they paid a tax).

Parliament added these new laws to show they could still make laws for the colonist. (Harcourt, 277). The stamp act congress met to get the act repelled, James Otis then said the famous quote “NO taxation without representation.” (Harcourt 224). These laws were directly against the ideas of self-government the colonist had bean practicing for 100 year.

The colonist did not get to elect representatives into British parliament. They were not given any say into the tax laws they were forced to pay. The king made a third law that angered the colonist the tax on tea.1773, the colonist believed in democracy (Harcourt, 263) the colonist were not represented in British parliament and believed the only way to ensure their rights was to fight.

The colonist were British citizens living in America their rights were being trampled by taxes such as the sugar act the stamp act and the tea act. First they appealed to the king when that didn’t work the protested. Eventually the cry of no taxation without representation would lead to a fight for freedom.

Congress sent an appeal for peace and harmony. (Schanzer) In 1776 in the revolutionary war British colonists fight Britain to become American citizens and be truly free.

REFERENCES

Carter, Alden. The American Revolution. New York: Franklin Watts, 1992

Harcourt, Brace. We the; early united states. Orlando: Harcourt brace and company, 2000.

January, Brendan. The revolutionary war. New York: Children’s press, 2000

Maestro Betsy. Liberty or death; The American Revolution 1763-1783. New York: Harper Collins publishers, 2005

Schanzer, Rosalyn. George vs. George: The American Revolution as seen from both sides. Washington D.C. national geographic, 2004.

Spear Elizabeth George. The Witch Of Blackbird Pond. New York: Bantom Doubleday publishing group, inc. 1958.

Article posted May 8, 2008 at 08:20 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 88

Thier is lots of romance in this book like

kit flirts with with nat

kit tries to flirt with john

Judith likes william

William likes kit

kit likes johns voice

judith likes william

mercy likes john

john likes mercy

And their is history

like the candles

revalutinary war

and when it was time for dinner they ate popcorn out of a wooden bowl.

and politics

Matt william and john allways argue about polits

william kit and her grandpa were all loyalists

matt and uncle mattew are patriots

Article posted May 6, 2008 at 07:24 PM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 75

Hello again friends

i am going to talk to you about wich of blackbird pond... again

in this book there is a lot of politics

patriots loyalist

matthew kit

family grandpa

nat rev. bulkely

william

also matt, john and willaim always argue about loyalsist and patriots.

hey friends today i talk to you about the book we are reading in class wich of blackbird pond.

a orphan kit tyler knows that her her new home in conneticut will be alot different than her home back at barbosa. In her parents community she feels like a bird in the wrong part of the world the only place kit feels free is in the meadow but when she is filled with suspension, fear and anger she is accused of witchcraft

Article posted April 22, 2008 at 10:15 PM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 161

hey world hear are links to places around the world.

ponkagawa class

Here is another one
australia class

and another one
canada

and
BC

another one is
mr.duufs class

again click here
virginia

ok now im done

hey guys its smeagol i really dont know what to talk about so i will just say random stuff.

Well yestarday i road my bike riding i saw mud and more mud and trees and more trees.

then i went inside and played video games and more video games. sorry this wasnt a very interesting article. =(

Article posted April 15, 2008 at 07:24 PM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 67

Right now i am in galaxy on earth in my classroom at the biggest table in the classroom.

Isee to people lemony and prof.McGonagall lemony has black hair a blue sweat shirt blue jeans and gay and blue shoes.

I see my paper the table the comuter im at and it'dark. I hear the teacher talking and typing on the computer. i smell chicken nuggets. i taste strawberry's.

I feel mt paper the key board.

Article posted April 14, 2008 at 09:44 PM GMT • comment (4) • Reads 81

Heyyy everbody, my spring break was awesome... kindof.Well over the weakend was the best part. I went golfing with my dad friday and sunday that was pretty fun.

Monday and tuesday i went and worked out with my mom wensday i played badmitten.

Tursday i saw hortan years of who at the mall and played rock band

Saturday i went and got a black gold fish with really big and long eyes.

Sunday i wached the masters at my dads house and went golfing again... so i gues i had a pretty boring spring break

Article posted April 2, 2008 at 08:13 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 180

Hey friends this is smeagol these are poems i made about mountain school.

1.

TREE

PEACFUL TALL

RESTING HELPING RESTING

TREE'S HELP THE FOREST

BRANCES

2. RIVER

CALM RIPLEY

RUSHING FLOWING BOUNCING

RIVERS HELP THE FOREST

CREAK

3. WHITE DEER

HARMLESS CALM

JUMPING RUNNING RESTING

WHITE DEER IS GRACEFUL

GREAT DEER

My class and another class from my school went to mountain school up in the north cascades for three days monday tuesday and came back wednesday.

It was so FUN=http://=http:// we got to stay in cabins and we went on trails and i saw on of the only white dear in america it was awesome!

My favorite part was probably seeing the white deer or the food the food was really good to we ate breakfast lunch and dinner it was great food.

that was one of the beast experinces of my life.

BYE

Final writing assignment

One of the reason’s we could go to Alaska is, because the iditarod will be held there. Two is Lemony’s uncle lives their.

First, Eskimos and Inuit’s were the first to live there. Seconded, there was a gold rush

Now to tell you about the great weather in Alaska…Ok not really its bad. There are snow blankets and thick ice covers seas one of the rivers that get covered is the Alaska river.

Here is one of the coolest parts of the dog sled teams and mushers in the iditarod, my team musher Matt Caloer is awesome and he is going to win!!! But Matt is in 54 and somebody already won. 100 teams are all lead bye 12 to 16 dogs. 100 times 16 =1600 starting out but some dogs get hurt and the teams don’t end the race with as many as they stared with.

Some geography about the iditarod is that the first one was because there was a serious sickness cald ditheriea so the people of Alaska put together some of the best dogs in Alaska to go to anchorage to get the medicine and bring it back.

Here is why I would like to go to Alaska again. Because the iditarod will be held in Alaska. Last are Lemony’s uncle lives in Alaska .

FROM

SMEAGOL

hey people,

my class is doing a project about iditarod. learn about our project by clicking on the MAIN PAGE of our wiki.

My group is doing all the assignments on
TEAM GARNIE GROUP PAGE musher is named JOE GARNIE

here are the people in my group is
0kiwifruit0 another is kyle next is DELANO last is hadi

here is the offical iditarod site
click here

And last thing is group assingments so...
click here

see you later

Article posted February 12, 2008 at 07:38 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 86

hey everybody smeagol here i did a photo story with the book David Goes to School

See you next time =)

Hey smeagol here. In class we have a teacher who comes in every monday. We have her come in to tell us about friendship and bullying today we learned about the difference from bullying, and a conflict. A conflict is when two or more people get in a disagrement and it is two sided and bullying is were one peson does something bad and its one sided.

bullying looks like a person makeing fun of hurting or calling names i sometimes see it at recess when i play football or somthing.

Well got to go

Every day Josh would slide down the RAIL to the park and WAIT for Jake to play basketball. Josh would always DRAIN THREES when they were they would sit down on a SEAT next to a big OAK TREE. Then Josh would go home and get READY for basketball practice. Joshes COACH would call him the BEAST of basketball, because he would make a THREE when the PRESSURE was on, He could make a great pass when you NEEDED him to. The way he could SAIL threw the AIR and slam it down was awesome! Then when he got home he would lay down in his SHEETS abd wake up and do it all again. THE END

hey smeagol here where i live its like 30 digrese every day and its really windy and the weather always chainges around like three times a day.

here rite now when i woke up it was snowing thenit was raining now its windy and sunny.

errrrrrr! it is even worse for me, because i live on top of a huge hill so whatever weather is going on here i get twice as much of.

Hey smeagol here. My long weakend was realllly!! fun. my two games didnt gor very well but i played good.

A really fun thing that happened right after my two games were i took a fari boat to my brothers college game he is really good. then when we got home i whent to dinner with my brother and dad.

It was soooo cool

Hey everybody smeagol again in class we are doing socail studys. My teacher had us do a socail studys studys recap she had us answer two questions.

One is why did british parlament decid to tax the colonists living in america. My answer is bcause the british thought they had to pay for the war too.

Seconed question is why did the colonists decid not to pay taxes. My answer is because the king was behing unfair so the colonist were getting even

Article posted January 24, 2008 at 10:14 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 51

hey smeagol again i play on a 6th grade AAU basketball team we arent very good ... at all but its pretty fun i have already made some friends and im the point gaurd and sometimes wing.

we have a turament this saturday and we play two of the best teams we will play this year last yar we were alot better we won the championship for our league

Article posted January 22, 2008 at 09:48 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 37

Hey smeagol again during the long weakened i didnt do to much but... on saturday i watched my brothers college baskeball game. Sunday i didnt really do alot. Monday i had a friend over all day until 6:00 then whent and saw my cousins new house then whent to my brothers next game. so i really didn't do anything specail but it was a fun weakened

Article posted January 14, 2008 at 10:12 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 49

Hey this is smeagol again in class we are working on photo story. Photo story is were you get a book mine is david goes to school and you pic music to play in the background you also then as you read a page you can have pictures that go with that page and you can zoom in and out on parts of the pictures for example... one of the pages is "DONT CHEW GUM IN CLASS!" and there is a picture of david chewing gum so i would zoom in on the moulth and the gum.

hey smeagol again in class we have blogging buddys some with kids in my class and some on the other side of the world or something,.Well anyway my class does this so we can get to know stuff about people all over the world i have three blogging buddys in my class just joking,lemony and klaus. and i also have one from zoo blogs llama. So thats about it talk to you later

Article posted December 20, 2007 at 07:54 PM GMT • comment (6) • Reads 41

hey smeagol again for christmas break i am going to go to my grandma and grandpas house on christmas eve then in the morning go to my uncles then have christmas with my mom then my dad

i am from davorsed parents

i am from bad weather year round

i am from basketball 24-7

i am from the texas longhorns

i am from great friends

i am from awesome teachers

i am from beast brothers and sisters

i am from STEAK

i am from sports

i am from behing a washington huskie

i am from beavers

i am from turkey and gravy

i am from dogs

i am from football season

i am from two houses

i am from the seattle seahawks

i am from a big fair every year

i am from playing xbox 360 with my brother

i am from watching my brother play college ball

i am from waking up in the morning to my dogs barkig

i am from orange shebert ice cream

i am from loosing 3 cats in one weak

i am from wild animals all over the place

Hey everybody smeagol again in social studys we are looking at the revolutionary war. We got a video called school house rock its pretty funny but thiers a lot of learning in it to my teacher wants us to learn the lyrics so she had us bring home and practice the four songs. I have only memorised parts of all of them and i have almost got one song down, anyway we learn a lot about how we got spain and france on our side in the war and stuff like that all into a song.

Well bye

hey smeagol again once a weak for homework super read im reading a book called Heat the auther is

mike

lupica.

I am on page 25 the mane charicters are michael manny and and thats about it. Its about michael a really nobody kid is getting known for might be the best little league pitcher in new york this book is all about michael's life in new york

Article posted December 5, 2007 at 09:35 PM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 38

hey smeagol again in class we are working on subtracting huge numbers like 755-479 i made up a way and so did taryn that we use for subtracting numbers like those. my way is called beastly/easy this is how you do it.

755-479

755-400=355

355- 50=305

305- 5= 300

300- 20=280

280- 9=271 for your answer.

Article posted November 29, 2007 at 08:10 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 36

hey everyone smeagol again i think on computers every 5th grader should know the control c control v thing to transfer one thing from one screen to another do internet searches how to use power point how to use photo story and how to use the internet how to e-mail and thats about it see you next time

hey smeagol again my AAU team i play up a year my team got 2nd in a turnament this weak it was a starting up the year turnamet it was so fun

Mungo Hornblower of Waymoot

Article posted November 26, 2007 at 10:15 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 41

Article posted November 21, 2007 at 06:28 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 38

hey everybody smeagol again the book i am reading is called the view from the cherry tree its about a boy who lives next to a murderer and nobody belives him so he tries to catch her in the act the libraien said this is the scariest book in our library.

Article posted November 20, 2007 at 07:17 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 36

hey everybody smeagol again my familys thanks giving tradition is going to my nana and papas and my uncles house.

Article posted November 16, 2007 at 07:20 PM GMT • comment (4) • Reads 40

hey smeagol again j.f.k was a president he got shot because someone didn't like his rules... anyway j.f.k. had a realy famuse quote (ask not what your country can do four you but what you can do for your country.) i think that quote means dont have the world do stuff for you, you should do stuff for the world

hey smeagol here my bro and me just almost finished a arubics cube. i dont get how some people finsh those in like 2 seconds its crazzzzyyyyy. my friends uncle finished one that we have bean working on gor a month or two in like 15 seconeds i dont get it

Article posted November 9, 2007 at 11:13 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 36

hey smeagol here did you know bolth my grandpas were in the army well my grandpa was in the navy and my papa was in the marins today we had a asembly for veterans day we had all the veterans of the kids at our school sit on risers then we sang the star spangled baner a and then some vetern songs and we had a drum line cum in and play it was sooo fun

Article posted November 7, 2007 at 09:37 PM GMT • comment (4) • Reads 38

top 10 movies

1.norbit

2.i am legand

3.alvin and the chipmunks

4.hoosers

5. grid iron gane

6.invincible

7.billy madison

8.wild hogs

9.napolian dynamite

10.casper

Article posted November 6, 2007 at 09:54 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 38

hey smeagol again. In class we are working with catapults we would change variables like the hight or the thing we launched and the angle of release when we whent for hight i think the angle of release changed were it hit the most when we whent for distance i think the size of ball we lanched made the bigest difference well se you next time

hey smeagol here we have bean lerning about watersheds and air cuality one thing about that you can do to keap our water clean is to not liter and recycle and somthing to keap our air clean is dont not youse hot water washing cloes or taking showers and dont take 10 mi. showers just 5. and the last thing one way to keap our earth healthy is tonot litter.

smeagol here my football team won the championship last saturday i cant belive it my coach said he has coached that team for 15 years and has not won the championship ones and now he finnaly has. also i had 3 touchdown.

IT WAS SO COOL!!!

Hey smeagol here i have my last game tommorrow and if we win we are league champs and if we loose we tie for 2nd i am so nervus AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!

hey its smeagol here is a list of my top 10 favorite songs

1. sagaba-blue schalers

2. what you know about me- T.I.

3. we taken over- dj khaled

4. joe metro - blue scholars

5. touchdown- t.i.

6. thugs mansion- 2pac

7. got low- t pain

8. thriller- Michel jackson

9. PYT- Michel jackson

10.i wont-akon

hey smeagol again i found out that i have somthing in common with A from larrabe wolverines we bolth like choclate chip cookie due also l.d. from cougars and me bolth like sports me and a.c. from grizzlies and me like sports also. all from larribe

hey smeagol here just whant to tell you a little about me for one i just made a 6th grade AAU team and im only in 5th graade um... I made a 5th grade AAU team when i was in 3rd grade right now im playing takle football we have are championship game tommarow i love playing with my two dogs and... My favorite food is by far top ramen or turkey and mashed patatos. i can stand on my head and play guitar hero ok kinda runnin out of ideas here soooo i gues thats it

FROM

SMEAGOL

Hey its smeagol again i whant to tell you about blogging i like it because you get to meat other people all over the world like i was talking to somebody in a different country the other day but also you can read other peoples blogs and comment on them. Its really fun im so glad we get to do blogs this year.

FROM

SMEAGOL

hey its smeagol im so excited for halloween and its only in a cuple weaks im so excited i am gonna be a football player but i have a wierd football mask that looks like a really scary football with eyes and stuff its awesome

FROM

SMEAGOL

hey its smeagol again i had a football game last Saturday it was so fun we beat our rivals 28 to 6 i had a tuchdown and 8 takles that was one of my best games ever. IT WAS AWESOME!! It was also cool because my papa got to come he doesnt get to come to alot of my games but when he does i play extra hard my papa is in the hall of fame for high school coaching.

FROM

SMEAGOL

Hey its smeagol in class we have somthing cald class servis its were you can help the teacher during recces or you can help a different class so me and my friend chose to help the specail edd kids with shooting a basketball and stuff its really fun

FROM

SMEAGOL

Hey its smeagol my class went on a field trip to the water treatment plant. I think everybody shuld know about the water because its a fun thing to learn about and you might nead to now it in the future. i found it cool that the water we use daily was yoused daily by people 1 million years ago.

FROM

SMEAGOL

Article posted September 20, 2007 at 09:34 PM GMT • comment (5) • Reads 35

Dear world,

What is youre favorite sport? mine is basketball and football

FROM

SMEAGOL

Dear world

I Finished my book the man who was poe i have never read a book like that and it was a realy good book

FROM

SMEAGOL

Dear world,

During recess i play kick ball, basketball or i just chill around with my friends. thats what i usaly do sence we cant play football anymore, but its still really fun.

FROM

SMEAGOL

Dear world,

This weekend is going to be one of the best weekends ever for me. One reason is that on saturday i go to my football game i play quarter back and line backer. On satuday i am really excited because this sunday i get to go to the seahawks bengal football game. Im so EXCITED!!!

FROM

SMEAGOL

Dear world,

In class we are working on pendulums those are things that swing back and fourth like the thing on a grand father clock. We made ares out of a string, paperclip and washer when we started i thought the longer the string the less swings and the shorter the the string the more washers at the end of that expierament i found out i was right. then are next expierament was the amount of washers we put on the end and how it would efect the amount of swings i thought the more washers we put on the end the more swings it would do with the same size string the whole tim and i found out it was the same umount of swings with one washer as it was with 10.

FROM

SMEAGOL

Dear world,

I am reading the man who was poe and im on pg. 157. Its a really good book about a kid named edmund who had a mom who got married and the husband took all the moms money then left and the mom after that went out to find him and never returned. so he moved in with his aunt and a month later he found her dead on a loding dock and when edmund got back one day from the store to get food for him snd his sister she was not there. that same day he whent to go find her and he found a strange man to help him on his quest to find his sister.

The man and edmund just found out who took his sister so i think soon they will find edmunds sister.

FROM

SMEAGOL

Dear world,

In class we are working with prime and composite numbers. prime numbers are numbers that only have one multiplication problem that add up to that number. composite numbers are numbers that have multiple multiplication probleams that add up to that number. I used to think all odd numbers were prime numbers and all even numbers were composite numbers but now i know that there are alot of even numbers that are prime and alot of odd numbers are composite

FROM

SMEAGOL

Article posted September 7, 2007 at 07:16 PM GMT • comment (5) • Reads 36

HI world,

My name is smeagol from the lord of the rings. i chose this name because i like the lord of the ring movies and i like how smeagol strangels, somebody and catches fish with his hands and eats them raw. what is you favorite part of lord of the rings?

GGGOOOO PHONIXXXX