Calvin's Blog

teacher: Professor McGonagall

Article posted March 20, 2008 at 09:41 PM GMT • comment (9) • Reads 327

I went to Mountain School on the March 17 through the 19. I learned that rivers make a v shaped vally and glaciers make a u shaped vally. Deoblo Dam is a u and a v shaped vally. I also got to see the last seneca white deer. Teddy Rosavelt gave a herd of white deer to the North Cascade National Park he lived in New York. I also learned how to know the type of animal it is by looking closly at the tracks they make.

From, Frodo

Article posted March 25, 2008 at 10:03 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 66

Trees

green leafy

growing towering falling

growing again in the

woods

Water

cold racing

flowing swifting catching

the streams in the

rivers

From, Frodo

Article posted March 25, 2008 at 10:12 PM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 57

Snow

soft fluffy

freezing falling setting

cold snow in the

arctic

From, Frodo

Article posted March 20, 2008 at 10:05 PM GMT • comment (5) • Reads 48

Soooooo!!! we went to mountian school on Monday and we got back yesturday! It was so cool i loved Mountian schoolm we learned really fun songs, went on hikes speaking of hike our lodge group went on a night hike in the woods on a trail and we all sat in a circle then I turned aroung and like a couple feet away I noticed something white and I was getting kinda freaked out then when I looked back again I saw it there again and I was just thinkning that it wasw my night vision cause we had no flashlight no light and then sunny looked back and saw the same thing so sabrina, goldilocks,and taryn looked back behind them and they saw something behind them and sabrina looked infront of her and she thought something was moving tree to tree and I got really freaked out that the scardy cat came out of me and I got tears in my eyes yeah so when we were going back to our lodge we looked and it was a WHITE DEAR!!!

AND THAT WAS THE END IT WAS SUPER DUPER FUN!!!

Article posted March 25, 2008 at 09:42 PM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 64

Cinquain

River

cold peacful

running flowing rushing

Flowing down the stream

Water

Haiku

The wind is blowing

like a fan on speed motion

going back and forth

Acrostic

Fun Mossy

Oh my!!! Oh my!!!

Rainy Super duper

Exciting Shway

Sunny

Trees

Windspark

I dreamed I was a deer

In the woods running

With my legs

Article posted March 20, 2008 at 10:12 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 59

My favorite part of Mountain School was everything! If was the most coolest thing on the face of the Earth! The food, hikes, campfire, story time, and others to. But the worst thing that I didnt' like was that the chaparones always woke us up. And I didnt' like it! Well anyways that was my favorite part of Mountain School. Everything.

Article posted March 25, 2008 at 09:41 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 58

Today I have 3 Cinquian poems. A Cinquian is a type of poetry from France. It goes like this: Line 1: Write a noun(person, place, thing)

Line 2: Write two adjectives (describing words)

Line 3: Write a three gerunds ('ing' words)

Line 4: Write a four word phrase

Line 5: Write a second noun, related to the noun in Line 1

Our subject was to express the experience of the natural world. My first one for you today is this:

Forest

Green Brown

Exciting Interesting Begining

Trees are growing taller

Woods

My second one:

Moss

Soft Green

Growing Filling Fulling

Moss everywhere and anywhere

Lichen

My last one:

Tree

Rough Brown

Interesting Growing Swaying

No life without Trees

Plant

Hope you enjoyed them! Bye bye!

Article posted April 2, 2008 at 10:08 PM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 63

Baseball

Beast Meast

Cooling Refreshing Exercising

Baseball Is The Best

Sports

Article posted March 20, 2008 at 09:56 PM GMT • comment (4) • Reads 50

I didnt go to Mountain School with my class. On Friday after school I saw Horton Hears A Who. It was a really funny and good movie. One Monday the first day my class went to Mountain School, I stayed home and worked really hard on my science fair project. It is called How do Different Materials React to Static Electricity. On Tuesday I worked on my science fair project, again and same on Wednesday. Today is Thursday and I'm back at school.

Article posted March 26, 2008 at 10:09 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 85

Water

Awesome Meastly

Flowing Relaxing Soothing

Flowing Down The Creek

River

Article posted April 2, 2008 at 08:20 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 44

Tree

Barky Splintery

Relaxing Producing Soothing

Branches Long And Small

Leaves

Article posted March 20, 2008 at 10:00 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 79

hey world,

I just went to mtn school! It was awesome, we went hiking and played games. mtn school is in the north cascades. it is a learning center. My lodge was fir room #1. I stayed with justjoking,smeagol and my dad as a counselor. We went on trails every day! My trail instructer was a girl named becca. my lodge had a skit. And the other lodges did to. but ares was about why do bees sting? It was weird but it turned out good. I was the sun god! Also after dinner on the 2nd night, my class did KP witch is kitchen potral. When we were done are teacher went out on a trail and saw a really rare white non albino deer. So the class went out and saw it. The deer looked like snow. It had 4 brown baby deer with it. Last the food was amazing! We got there and are first meal was dinner. we had spaghetii.

from klaus

Article posted April 2, 2008 at 08:23 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 57

Hey World,

this is my 2nd poem.

tree

Piney Woods

falling producing homes

branches

from,

klaus

Hey world,

This is another Cinquain peom.

Trails

Snow cover

Winding walking looking

Watch and see animals

Paths

from,

klaus

Article posted April 2, 2008 at 08:24 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 53

This is my last cinquan

Trees

brown tall

producing towering helping

Trees create more oxygen

Plants

Do you like it?

Love

Annabeth >=<

Article posted March 20, 2008 at 09:45 PM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 52

Yesterday @ 2:30 my class got back from mountain school(wich is in the north cascades). I had a lot of fun. I learned how to identify a Duaglas Fir tree and a Duaglas Fir Cone. For dinner the first day we had pasta. The next morning we had scrambled eggs and bacon. For lunch we had grilled chesse and patato. For dinner the second night we had Tacos,Rice,Beans. Then for breackfest on the last day we had pancakes and sasage. Then for brunch we had a bagel with sun dried tamato spred (Yuck) :(

I was in pine lodge. Our first call was "north, south , east,west, Pine lodge is the very best" Then we changed it to " That's the fact Jack. boom-shacka-laka-laka boom-shacka-laka-laka. Whoa! PINE LODGE"

love,

Annabeth

Article posted March 25, 2008 at 09:44 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 66

This is my Cinquain about Water:

Water

clear rockey

flowing rushing splashing

water makes healthy forests

stream

Like it?

Love Annabeth

Heres anoter Cinquan:

Sea

Peacful wonderful

Rushing swirling thrashing

Seas are wonderful places

water

Like it?

Tell me about it

Love,

annabeth

Article posted April 2, 2008 at 08:32 PM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 81

sorry for the confusion but this is the last cinquain

Mtn. School

great wonderful

learning walking talking

Mountain school is awesome

sweet

Love annabeth

Article posted March 20, 2008 at 09:46 PM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 60

Hey everybody!I'm going to tell you about Mtn. school!! Ok, so I was in Mtn. school for 3 days but it only felt like 1 morning!

Okay, so on the first morning we got to go eat breakfast and then we went on a hike,it was a lot of fun! We learned about what we do when "nature calls" and then we went to a little river and learned about 3 different kinds of rocks!!

1.Sedamentary(sorry if its spelled wrong)

2.Igneous

3.Metamorphic

Those are the 3 kinds we learned about.

On the second day we got up and ate breakfast and then we went on a hike again but we went on a BIGGER hike this time close to the dam. On the hike we went to this place where if you fell you would have like 1% chance of living! There we did something called Each One Teach One. Thats where we each get to learn something at a different spot and the we call somebody and then we teach somebody elsethe same thing then they go on ahead and then they learn something and then so on and so forth. Then we went on a silent hike. That was when our instucter laid out cards on the trail and we went on the trail alone!! But it was too short of a trail. And then at night each east or west of each lodge has to do a skit and our skit was Why Bears like Honey. Then we went on a night hike and we got winter green life savors and they spark at night when you bite them!! Then there was a white deer but it looked like a cougar so everybody got freaked out until our instucter turned on her flashlight but then after that everythong looked like animals. It was creepy!! Then on the 3rd day we just had breakfast went on a short hike and then ate an early lunch and then we SADLY went home. :(

See ya later!!

Goldilocks :)

Article posted April 2, 2008 at 09:59 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 90

Creek

Calm and peacful

Flowing, living, splashing

Water helps all forests

Stream

Bark

Brown and bumpy

Living, dieing, decomposing

Bark decomposes a lot

bark

Animals

furry and hunting

living, walking, breathing

Animals hunt to survive

Creatures

Those are my 3 cinquian poems!!

Goldilocks :)

Article posted March 20, 2008 at 10:01 PM GMT • comment (4) • Reads 74

OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH! Mt.school was so cool.

Mt.school was like a hotel. my teacher said we would be roughing it. YAH where roughing it all rite. well the food was great are Counselor was very nice. We were living the sweet life. and get this only my class sow the elusive completely wight dear the last one alive in the park. Theador Rosevelt sent a few wight dear over to the park and they Reproduced and now the wight dear that we sow is the last one alive in the park. All of mtn school was my faveret. bye...

Bye it means so long you no skat show.

Just go.

Tree

Larg tall.

Protecting living dieing

Sheltering all beneath it

Tree

Stream.

Splashing slipping.

Talking speaking singing.

Rolling silently over land.

Stream

Deer.

smooth sleek.

playing dancing froliking.

Eating flawer and grass.

Dear

Article posted April 2, 2008 at 08:34 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 64

We got to go to mountan school as a class.It is located in the north cascades.We got go on hikes,

we got to play games, learn about plants and animals.Thats just some of the things we got to do.For dinner we had pasta then for desert we had brownies.THe next day for brecfast we had eggs and bacon with orange juice.For lunch we had grilld chesee sandwiches and milk.For that dinner we had bean Burrito with milk. then for breakfeast we had pancake with bacocn and orange juice.then for lunch we had bagel with salmon creamchesee.The rooms were heated, and had bunkbeds [with matrices].We also got to see dioblo dam. THen we hade to go on the 2 hour drive back to school.

Article posted April 2, 2008 at 11:30 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 90

Bird

dead red

crying dieing holding

lying on the ground

Bird

Tall

big cement

frighting droping holding

lots and lots of water

Fire

warm bright

glowing shinging heating

Fire heating happy campers

Cinqain

tree

softly swaying

swinging swaying standing

swaying softly in the breeze

woods

Cinqain

wilderness

peaceful cold

rushing ripling flowing

peaceful quiet calm trickle

stream

Haiku

sinking down chest high

snow crunches, water riples

peaceful, quiet, calm

By: Starwars Siera Tango

Article posted April 3, 2008 at 08:33 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 54

I got back from Mountain School a few weeks ago. I would like to tell you what happened while I was there. First we went on a two hour bus ride to get to muntain shool. Next we met up and were told where our lodges were. After we had settled in, we went on a hike with our group. My group was the Wolverines. We stayed for two nights and three days. On the second day, my group got to walk across Diablo dam. The dam was three hundred and sixty-eight feet high. It was amazing! The food was realy good there. We had all kinds of yummy meals. I can't decide which one I liked best.On the second day, after dinner, My class went on a hike in the dark. We saw the whte deer! There are only a few in the world! That is some of the stuff that I did while I was at mountain school.

starwars sierra tango

out

Article posted March 20, 2008 at 10:13 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 97

Hey Yall! How ya doin'? The reason I am so exited is because we just got back from mountain school=http:// It is like a school but in the mountaqins! It is so FUN!!! We learned about the wild animals and trees! I can't stop putting an exclamation at the end of every sentence!!!( : I am so happy! Lets calm down so I can tell you about it.

First of all it is in the North Cascades National Forest so thet means you can go there and hike or even sleep over for a day or two!

Second of all I liked the food! It was so delicous! For dinner we had pasta with meat sauce. At about 8:00 we had a camp fire. It was nice. Really nice. We sang songs such as Boom Chick-A-Boom. Also Hump Dee Dump and much more! It was all fun! Then we went to bed and we were lucky because we got a story read to us. It was called Eagle Boy. It was cool. Then We had to wake up at about 7:00am. I was tired but I normaly woke up at that time so. Yeah. For breakfast we had Eggs and Bacon. I don't really like egs so I just had bacon. After that we went on a long hike. I think that we found a bathroom. Then we learned about something else but I forgot.Maybe I forgot because it was sort of boreing. Then we had another camp fire but this time instead of going strait to the cabin we went on a night hike. It was dark but fun. We got a crayon and drew a pitcure. Then we had to guess what color it was. My color was really dark so I thought it was blue. I was wrong!!! It was ORANGE=http://Crazy=http://=http:// After that we got to eat a candy. It was a certin flavor Life saver. I don't remember though. We first dried out our mouth then we put it in and bit into it as soon as is got into our mouth. Then if you do that it will spark! It looks so cool! And it dosent hurt! It only works really well in the dark. We learned that it takes you about 30 to 40 minutes to get your night vision good. And if you see just one bit of bright whine light then you have to start all over again. Here is a storyabout what you just learned. One day there was a girl that is 12 years old. She thought that she was old enough for little fun and games. She wanted more responsbillity. (I think I spelt that wrong) So she went to their cheif who was sitting right next to a bright fire.and she asked what she could do. So he said go dow to the river and fill this bowl with water. On the way She came to some snakes on the ground. Carefully she stepped over them. She started to run abit. Then came to a bunch of birds up above. She ran through them as fast as she could. It was scraping her clothesand face. Finally she got to the river. She nelt down to the water and when she looked across the river she saw a black bear with her cub. The girl started to hesitate. Then she dropped the little bowl on the river bank and started to run back. She got back and told the chief what happend. All he said is you can try again. Sit out side for a little while and go back. Take a little think about what just happened.

So she thought about it for a while. Then she went to try again.This time she diddn't run. She slowly walked. Soon she came to a patch of roots. No snakes. She walked over them. Then came to abunch of branches handing over the sky. No birds. She walked under them. Then she finally came to the river. She looked across. No bears. Only two stumps. One big and the other small. She got the water and headed back to the hut where the chief sat. "Well done." he said.

And that is all I remember. That was really fun. Nice story huh?

Now once we went to bed and woke up we were sad because we were going back to school!) :

We ate breakfast and then packed up.

As we waited for the bus we sang campfire songs. It was fun. Finally the bus came and we said good bye to the camp/school. It was a sad moment but when we got to school we had PIZZA=http:// Normally I would have about 2or3 slices , but this time I had 8 slices. That it alot!!!

Well that is all I can say about mountain school. I hope you can go some time it is really FANTASTIC=http:// Or at least for a hike! See ya later!

Brownie Girl( :

Hi I am going to let you read some poems that are about a picture from mountain school.

1. Creek

Moving, Cold, Clean, Calming, Splashing, Freezing, Flowing Through So Peacefully, Water.

2. Tree

Stump, Rough, Sharp, Scraping, Resting, Calming, The Tree Is Tall, Snag.

3. Berry

Blackberry, Juciy, Sour, Sweetening, Calming, Tasteing, Eat And Feel Great, Strawberry.

If you want to make a Cinquain poem then this is how you do it.

Line 1: Write a noun(person, place or thing)

Line 2: Wright two adjectives(a discribing word)

Line 3: Write three gerunds('ing' words)

Line 4: Write a four word phrase

Line 5: Write a second noun, Related to the noun in Line1.

This is how your lines should look if you want to do it properly.

Line 1 ______________

Line 2 ___________ ___________

Line 3 ___________ ___________ ___________

Line 4 ________ _________ __________ _________

Line 5 ____________

Article posted March 20, 2008 at 09:59 PM GMT • comment (5) • Reads 53

HI World

My class went to this place called mountain school. Mountain School is so fun my class and another class went with us. At mountain we learned about animals like Birds,Deers and i forget the rest. Do you want to know something cool we got to see the white Deer it was so cool. There is a white moose we did not get to see the white moose but i really wanted to so i might go again and you can go on the trails any time you want to. The food there was so good. Mountain School was so fun i did not want to leave. Well maybe some other time i can go. That is what my class and the other class did at mountain school.

By,

Justjoking

Article posted April 3, 2008 at 08:30 PM GMT • comment (4) • Reads 52

Dear World

Trees

Tall Wood

Growing Falling Dieing

Standing tall against wind

Ceader

Article posted March 26, 2008 at 09:33 PM GMT • comment (6) • Reads 57

Poem #1

Leaves

Crisp Green

Flyin Gliding Floating

Loving To Be Here

Leaves

Poem #2

Water

Clean Blue

Rushing Hurrying Scurrying

Looking For Open Space

Water

Poem #3

Bark

Brown Thick

Running Theckening Scraping

Climbing Up The Trees

Bark

I hope you enjoyed those poems. Tell me what you think about the poems, what was your favorite? Just write me a comment and I'll get back to you!!!

~♥AmericanGirl

I was running and then then I fell in pile of bolony then I came back called maccorony maccornoy sounds really good so I have to get my homies and eat some maccorony...:)

water

awesome beastly

prudusing flowing relaxing

soothing flowing down the creek

river

Article posted April 3, 2008 at 07:13 PM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 56

mounatain

butiful ponty

mounatain snowing peasefuly

mounatain's of snow falling

down

Article posted April 3, 2008 at 07:17 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 60

tree

barky splintery

relaxing prudsing tree

pine cons falling off the

tree

HI HI WORLD,

Well what mountain school Is Is that it is a school where you get to hike and do camp fire songs and learn about wild animals.

The first thing we did in mountain school is have lunch (YUM) and then we all went out for a hike and it was a long hike.

then we all got to see our cabens I got to bunk with sunny It was so fun and our chapeown I can't reamember her name but she was really fun to talk to ^^.

OH! and we also got trail groups trail groups are when you go out on the trail you have other people on the trail with you, I had Sunny, Goldilocks, BrownieGirl, AmericanGirl, Maryalice, JustJoking,and klause.

One thing that was really cool was that there was these white mint star bersts and If you Dry out your mouth really good and bite into the star bersts It makes a spark In your mouth But you need a partner to make shure It makes the spark (I was pared up with sunny)

Then One day we all had to clean up In the lunch room and then this guy said who ever does not like to clean up you don't have to do anthing and yeah that was ME! But then when the people who din't work went out for a walk we saw the really rare WHITE DEAR! It was AWSOME!

My favrite part of MNT SCHOOL was the food It was so good I liked It better then my grandmas cooking (Grandma If your reading SORRY It was so good).

Well thats all I have to say so bye (Again SORRY GRANDMA!)

Article posted April 2, 2008 at 10:00 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 75

HI World heres a Cinquan poem I hope you like It:

Brooke

Awsome Cool

Flowing waving soothing

Flowing Water Never Ends

Creeke

Well I hope you liked It BYE!

HI HI WORLD,

This Is another Cinquan Poem I hope You like It.

Bark

Brown Hard

Staying Serounding Sitting

Peacfull Boring And Helpfull

Trees

I hoped you liked It I Have to make three So I have One more left So BYE!

HI HI WORLD,

This Is the last one for the Cinquan Poem's YAY!!

Cascades

Fun Learning

Playing Laghing Learning

Fun To Go There

Mountains!

Well that was the last one (Thank you) BYE!

My class and another class from my school went to mountain school up in the north cascades for three days monday tuesday and came back wednesday.

It was so FUN=http://=http:// we got to stay in cabins and we went on trails and i saw on of the only white dear in america it was awesome!

My favorite part was probably seeing the white deer or the food the food was really good to we ate breakfast lunch and dinner it was great food.

that was one of the beast experinces of my life.

BYE

Article posted April 2, 2008 at 08:13 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 161

Hey friends this is smeagol these are poems i made about mountain school.

1.

TREE

PEACFUL TALL

RESTING HELPING RESTING

TREE'S HELP THE FOREST

BRANCES

2. RIVER

CALM RIPLEY

RUSHING FLOWING BOUNCING

RIVERS HELP THE FOREST

CREAK

3. WHITE DEER

HARMLESS CALM

JUMPING RUNNING RESTING

WHITE DEER IS GRACEFUL

GREAT DEER

Article posted April 1, 2008 at 09:57 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 76

I just got back from Mtn school and man it was SO fun, think of your fav. video game, book anything it x10 more fun than that! Did you know that if your teeth are dry and it is dark out, if they are spearmint you can bit lifesavers and they will spark!?!?

,Roxas

river, flowing fast

relaxing cool and so fast

it is so awsome.

Trees so very tall

bright green leaf

older than you now

mountain so so tall

river and trees there

it can't be cooler

,Roxas

Hi every one It is MaryAlice I wanted to tell you about moutain school. Moutain school is in the North cascades. You see I went there with my class I was sitting by my BFF Broniegirl. And after two minutes on the bus me and Browniegirl were so board!! Then we started to get near the place And we also passed My dads casino!! We got to stop to eat lunch but it was out side I was sad about that becuase it was so cold up there. Then we saw Diablo Dam!! There were two sides of the dam, one side has bunch of water and the other side has a cliff it is 386 Feet I think..... The food there was crazy good! And they make every thing there! And then when I went to sleep but the next morning I was still sleeping then I heard a Roster.All of a sudden someone said wake up campers out loud and then Perfeser mogonigal came in to the MY room and on her cell phone she down loaded a roster call and she kept on playing it tell we woke up then I fell out of bed ( IT hurt). Then after break fest we went on to like 9 hikes it was awsome and it was tirying also well that was all I wanted to tell you love Maryalice

Article posted April 2, 2008 at 08:27 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 70

Creek streaming flowing

beatifeal sparkling water

falling water smell wonderful

creaters drinking water out of the water so peace full and nice and comme...

second poem tall trees

The tall trees talking to me

when the wind blowes through my hair

the leafes falling any kind of coler

the nice smell of the trees

and being so kind to me and being my friend forever...

the birds.

the beatifeal birds cherping as they plaes

being so nice. talking to me every morning seeing them play with there friend!

Waching them glind across the water

like a flying fish caching there food

to feed there babys. Love MaryAlice

My favorite thing about moutain school is the food and the trailles and I like the warm cadan oh and one more thing is that I like the ride up to moutain school. You see Why I like the ride up to moutain school is because I got to see the remaning of a avalanch, The food there I like exepet.But the pasta was made out of weat. And the camban was fun exepet the morning you know why My teacher played a roster call on her alarm and played it over and over again tell we got out of bed it was horrible but fun! And the tralies were fun exept some time we saw deer droping on the ground and it smelled horrible:( but also I got to see the moutains the river and we got to go on to a dock and play fun games. And after a tiring day after all the trailes waking up early falling out of bed we have dinner! we had TACOS and afer that we went to our cadin and got ready for bed went to sleep well some of us were talking. love maryalice

Hello, I am going to tell you what we did in mountain school. First the food was great. We had spagetti the first night, (when we arived)the next day we had ceral for breakfast and sasage and eggs, for lunch we had grilled cheese and soup, and for dinner tacos and rice, AND the next day we had pancakes for breakfast with ceral and sasage and eggs, and for are last meal we had sandwitches and fruits and vegies. The rooms are great let me tell you about them. There are bunkbeds and a single bed and if needed a cot. Their are torcuis pillows and cream colored sheets. The firs, o-my-gosh they are... there amazing theres stories and songs and skits and its an amazing time. JESSE, Jesse is the best worker their! Theres hikes and games and lots more. If you go ask if you will go on the night hike because it is amazing and you get to do this thing but I dont want to spoil it. Also look for the white deer. There is only one white deer there and the sad thing is that all of its babys are brown. Not yet to be a white one. If you do the night hike you also have no light and it has to be silent. Also look for skat and signs of the animals. we saw beer signs when we went. You are going to have a blast. It is an amazing adventure.

~tArYn~

Article posted April 2, 2008 at 09:26 PM GMT • comment (4) • Reads 56

Friends

Nice, friendly

Talking, playing, laughing

We laugh at everything

People

Bugs

Colors, points

Growing, biting, sucking

They are all colors

Insects

Birds

Red, blue

Flying, walking, drying

Fluttering in the air

animals

I got to go up in the mountens monday to wenday that was yesterday I got back and up there I got to see a white dear and it loves people it likes when you get cose but not to cose. It was good food there but you HAVE to wackup by 6:45 in the moning and one of the people that work there his name was jesse and he comes in your room and sede "GET UP" and my techer has a callphone ring on it and it is a roster and she comes in your room and plays it over and over agin untell you get up but you feal good after you get up out of bed and you can not have lamps on after you get comterboll if you go now there is snow alot of snow so got you gere and if you do go get wame and say dry and take lots of pichers and get lots of sleep. and have a good time. I got to go on a trip arownd the loges and the dining hall and all of the good plasis up there if you go you will Have a blast. you can spind the nite there to you can go on a lot of trail's to and you can go on nite hike's it will bild up your nite vishon and when you look at a white then it go's a whay and you will have to bild it up agin.And if I had another chanes to go up there I whode go back if I had the chanes to it is a 2 hour drive in a bus=http://!! that is lonnnnng drive but it was wherth it.

I got back 2 day's a go and it was a good time and only some people came not all becuas some moom's did not pay 75$ for there kid to go to mtn school I got to go. to mtn school and it was a blast and you shood go some time it is up in the noth castkads and if you dont live cloes to the noth caskads then it is about about a 2 hour drive that is a long drive I fell a sleep on the way back form mtn school it was fun athow not everboty got to go to mtn school it was a blast and if you go up now pack wame stuff and then you will be good and becuse there is so much snow now and it will get wet and you will not get wet if you whar laers and you will not complan to much at lest.

Here is my cinquain that i got to do the day I got back from mtn school so I sill had a lot of memere to remember that day Here it is.

RIVER

RUSHING FLOWING

LOOKING SPLASING SHINING

LOOKING FOR OPIN SPACE

STERIM

Thank you for the time no the computer.

Here is a little pome that i got to do my self and i thenk you will like it and you will want more and more to read Here it is

Tree's

Peacfull Ruff

Swaying Blolowing Huming

Tree's can be so

Leafey

Thank you for all the tame you gave me to do that pome.

BY,Hermione

Article posted April 2, 2008 at 08:19 PM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 54

wether

cool berize

cooling filling smothing

you can help to

fall

and that will be a good one to do on a

job you will have to do and have a good

time making pomins

BOOM-CHICKA-BOOM!

We just got back from MOUNTAIN SCHOOL! It was amazing. I thought that it would be sleeping out in tents but the LODGES had bunk beds and bathrooms. The lodges even had a place like a common room just for hanging out. The three lodge names were CEDAR, PINE AND FIR lodges. Cedar was the girls lodge, pine was for the teachers and other students and fir was the boys lodge. The dining hall was one of the best buildings there I thought. They had tables carved out of fallen trees, a buffet line and a great view of the lake. The dam, Diablo Dam had a sheer drop that was 386 feet tall! At night we would gather around a camp fire and sing songs like BOOM-CHICKA-BOOM and also do skits and tell legends.

Then we went on a night hike and we ate wintergreen lifesavors and our mouthes sparked. Then I thought I saw something moving behind us and Violet started crying and Goldilocks started screaming and Tayrn did something else that she didn't want people to know about. The adaults thought that it was just snow but when it started MOVING we knew it wasn't snow it was a white deer that wasn't albino.

We did a lot of other things that were really cool like learning to track animals, learning about skat or poop and looking at bugs under microscopes.( REALLY FREAKY!)

MOUNTAIN SCHOOL ROCKS=http://=http://!

Article posted April 2, 2008 at 08:26 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 85

Here is a Cinquain poem I wrote.

River

Cold Clear

Calming Splashing Bubbling

Flowing Through Open Space

Stream

Here is a Haiku poem I wrote.

Out of the forest.

Animals live in hiding.

Listen to nature.

Here is another Cinquain poem I wrote.

Forest

Green Fresh

Refreshing Peacing Growing

Tall Trees Touch Sky

Trees

From Sierra-Alpha-Bravo-Romeo-India-November-Alpha

(Sabrina in code)

Article posted April 2, 2008 at 06:00 AM GMT • comment • Reads 54

Here is a riddle I learned at Mountain School.

There is a door and only some things can go through it.Try to figure out what makes it so something can go through it and what can't go through. Here are some things that can and can't go through the door.

Sabrina can't.

Sunny can.

Annabeth can.

Goldilocks can't.

See if you can figure it out.

Here is another Cinquian Poem(Again)

Trees

Tall Majestic

Growing Branching Towering

No life with out...

Trees

Well there you have it ANOTHER poem.

Sincerely,

Eragon

Article posted March 20, 2008 at 09:44 PM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 52

Hello Everyone!

I have not wrote in a while because I was at a fun place called Mountain School. Mountain School is located on a range of mountains 94.2 miles from my school and 103.3 miles. Mountain school is cool because you get to stay in Lodges that are like a small hotel and then there are cabins in side the lodge where you sleep. Montain school is a place where you take hikes, learn about the environment,learn about wildlife, learn about animal signs and much more. There are no electronics like computer and PSP'S and DS's so it is cool like that, a friend and I made up that we were"really roughing it in the wild." I mean there was a libary and a dining hall! It was the most awsomeist place ever. Some of the animals we saw were beavers,ravens,eagles,squirrels,deer and then the most coolest animal ever... A WHITE DEER!

I am not kidding there was an all white non-Albino deer there! IT WAS AWSOME! So there is a little example of what Mountain School is.

Sincerely,

Eragon

Here is a poem called A Cinquian Poem.

River

Cold Rushing

Flowing Streaming Calming

The Majestic Water Never Stopping

Creek

There is a Cinquian Poem.

Sincerely,

Eragon

Article posted April 2, 2008 at 08:29 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 50

Well My teacher totured us into having to do THREE Cinquian Poems so here is the third.

Snow

White Falling

Falling Dropping Raining

Pure White Snow Covering

Snow

So there you have it three Cinquuian Poems.

So long for now

Sincerely,

Eragon

I love space!