by teacher: Professor McGonagall
Systems 06/06/08
Memorial Weekend 05/27/08
S.A 05/22/08
Witch Of Blackbird Pond 05/01/08
AROUND THE WORLD 04/24/08
Anything Artical 04/17/08
Spring Break 04/15/08
Classroom Poem 04/15/08
Cinquain Poems 03/26/08
Final Writing Assignment 03/20/08
We went to Mtn. School!!! 03/20/08
Division Problem 02/26/08
Mountain School 02/20/08
Iditarod 02/19/08
Love You Forever 02/13/08
bullying 02/04/08
Snow 01/29/08
Answers 01/25/08
Blogging Buddies 01/09/08
Christmas 01/06/08
I am From... 12/18/07
Book info 12/06/07
Computer 12/05/07
New # Problem 12/04/07
things on computer 12/03/07
Beastly/Easy 12/03/07
Names 11/29/07
Names 11/29/07
FAvorite Dish 11/29/07
My Daemon 11/26/07
What I'm Thankful For 11/15/07
Veterans Day 11/13/07
Dear Everybody 11/11/07
Catapults 11/06/07
7 Random Facts About Me 10/19/07
Flash Drives 10/16/07
Blogging 10/16/07
HALLOWEEN 10/04/07
More book share 10/04/07
Service 09/27/07
No New Water 09/26/07
BIG QUESTION 09/20/07
book share 09/17/07
Typical Weekend 09/17/07
Recess 09/13/07
Pendulums 09/13/07
Prime vs. Compasite 09/13/07
My nickname 09/07/07

Article posted June 6, 2008 at 05:35 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 124

Hello everyone! I'm going to tell you about systems. There are different types of systems. One is the ENVIRONMENT system. There are small things in the forests, oceans, and even your own yard. A little tree could help the evironment. It provides shelter, and it's helpful for little creatures to hide away from predators. It also gives other animal like, deer to eat and be healthy. That little tree helps birds, squirrels, and all other animals to live. If they didn't live, we wouldn't have as good a forest as we do now. That's just one thing that's a great help to the entire forest. You can help the ocean by picking up litter so the fish and other sea creatures don't get that in them and KILL them. That goes for the forest and your yard also. You could also do things to help your yard. The things you use to keep animals away are harmful. Make sure that the things you use are safe to ALL animals. That's all I have to say right now.

AmericanGirl

Article posted May 27, 2008 at 07:24 PM GMT • comment (5) • Reads 41

Hey everyone! I'm going to tell you what I did on memorial weekend! First, I had Taryn spend the night @ my house! Then the next day, my cousins came to my house and played outside with the neighbors. On Sunday, I played out side with two of the neighbors and went to the park and made flower chain hats. On Monday(our day off!) I played with my friend that lives two houses away. Then we went to the park and had a picnic and read some books.(I forgot the titles!) Then we played at the park. I spun like crazy on the tire swing. Then I went home and went to my friends house to eat dinner. Me and my mom came. I brought my bubbles, but then I accidentily spilt bubbles on the floor. My friend got kind of mad but then I said, It'll wash out, It's basicly soapy water. Then we took her dog for a walk, and when I got back, We left to my cousins house and played with the bubbles.

The End.

-AmericanGirl

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

“Taxation without Representation!”

By: AmericanGirl

In 1662 King Charles granted a charter to Connecticut colony giving the colonist the rights to make their own laws (Speare, 70). Assemblies elected by the colonists make laws set tales, and raised companies of troops called militia to defend the colonies (Carter, 8) 1687, King James wanted British parliament to make laws for the colonists (Speare, 70).

In 1765, British parliament could make laws for the colonists. The king needed to pay for the French and Indian war so he made laws to tax the colonists (Harcourt, 266)

The king started the sugar, act in 1764 (Harcourt, 272).

“This tariff angered the colonists. But what bothered them most was that they had had no part in making this tax law” (Harcourt, 272). The king and British parliament all had say in passing the laws. “Unlike other British citizens, the colonists could not elect law makers… but parliament was quick to remind colonists they were British subjects.” (Harcourt, 263)

The stamp act was another blow to the colonists democratic ideals. The colonists had been practicing self-government, separate from the king for years (Harcourt, 263). They collected their own taxes to pay for services in the colonies (Carter, 8).

The stamp act of 1765 was another attempt by parliament to get the war dept. “The new tax laws angered the people in the colonies” (January,6). The stamp act required colonists to pay for a stamp (to show they paid the tax) On all paper goods like newspaper, mail, cards, and normal paper.

“ Parliament added these new laws to show they could still make laws for the colonists” (Harcourt, 277). The stamp act congress met to get the act repealed. James Otis said the famous quote “No taxation without representation”(Harcourt, 274). These British laws were directly opposed to the self-government. The colonists had been practicing for over 100 YEARS!

The colonists did not get to elect representatives into British parliament. “They did not have any say in the tax laws they were being forced to pay. The king made a third law that angered the colonists, the tax on tea, 1773. The colonists believed in democracy” (Harcourt, 263). The colonists were not represented in British parliament and believed the only way to ensure their rights were to fight for them. The colonists dressed up as Indians and went down to the water (Maestro, 7) to dump all the tea into the water to prove a point of there freedom.

The colonists were British citizens living in America. When the British was trampling their rights by the sugar act, the stamp act, and the tax on tea, they first appealed to the king and parliament. When that didn’t work they protested. Eventually the rally cry of “No taxation without representation.” “The congress sent an appeal for peace and Harmony to king George that parliament get rid of all the un-constitutional laws controlling America” (Schanzer, 27). Would lead the colonists to fight for their freedom. The colonists wanted a true represented government.

In 1773, The Tax On Tea, leads to the Boston Tea Party. The colonists threw all of the tea in the Harbor. The colonists were tired of taxes. They put their foot down and got ready. They disguised themselves as Indians so they wouldn’t get caught as they were throwing the tea into the Harbor. (Maestro, 7) But the King won’t be happy when he here’s the news. But the colonists want to send a message, that the want to be free.

In 1776, in the revolutionary war, British colonists fight Britain for the right to become American citizens and be truly free.

References:

By: AmericanGirl

Carter, Alden. “The American Revolution.”

New York: Franklin Watts, 1992.

Harcourt Brace. “We The People; Early United States.”

Orlando: Harcourt Brace and Company, 2000.

January, Brendan. “The Revolutionary War.”

New York: Children’s Press, 2000.

Maestro, Betsy. “Liberty or Death; The American Revolution 1763-1783.” New York: HarperCollins Publishers, 2005.

Schanzer, Rosalyn. “George vs. George; The American Revolution as seen from Both Sides.” Washington D.C.: National Geographic, 2000.

Speare, Elizabeth George. “The Witch of Blackbird Pond.” New York: Bantam Doubleday Dell Publishing Group, Inc, 1958.

Article posted May 1, 2008 at 08:23 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 119

There is a book that we have to read. It is called Witch Of Blackbird Pond. It is about a girl named Kit Tyler who had to move from her house in Barbados to Wethersfield, Connecticut. She was used to being treated like royalty. But When she gets there she has to do chores. There is also a boy named William Ashbey that falls in love with Kit. But Kit's cousin, Judith first liked him but then william Liked Kit. So Judith Started Liking Someone else Kit Liked. That persons name is Jhon Holbrook. Also, Kit is a Loyalist but her aunt & uncle and there family are all patriots. Jhon is also a patriot. But the former preacher, Reverend Bulkey, at the church is a Loyalist. William is a Loyalist as well. Things were very different back then. Their meals will be only one single thing. As of now, our meals are usually, a main dish, side dish, and/or vegetable. Also, they have to grow their food or raise their food(raising as in raising cows). It takes most likely a WHOLE DAY to prepare the food. That is all I have to share right now! Come back for more!

~♥AmericanGirl♥~

Article posted April 24, 2008 at 09:44 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 69

Hello everyone! We're going around the world using links! Check out these links to see what's around the world when you stay in one place!

Here is The United Kingdom! Here is a cool place called Korea!

Oh you should definatly check out this clas from
New Zeland!

That's all for now! Come back later to see more blogs of my own.

AmericanGirl

Article posted April 17, 2008 at 08:14 PM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 35

Hi. This is an artical about anything! I like to go on the computer at home because it is fun. My dog is a vegetarian, that's a joke! I have a pillow case that I made last summer with my Gram's sewing machine. Once, I accedentily hit my friend, Violet in the eye. Actually, that was yesterday. I'm serious, no lie, no joke. I accidentily stepped on my dog's foot. He barked and I screamed and then he bit my toe. I think it was the middle toe. It hurt.I ran in the kitchen once and my dog ran after me but he slipped all around.

Good bye!

AmericanGirl!

Article posted April 15, 2008 at 07:24 PM GMT • comment (7) • Reads 66

On spring break. I was looking for my cell phone. Then my mom asked if it was in the car. I rememberd I put it there. I rushed out the door to get my phone. It was dead. It hadn't been charged for a long time. So I plugged it in and after and hour or so it was charged. After that, I spent most of my time on the computer.

Article posted April 15, 2008 at 07:15 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 64

Right now I am in room 2 next to my closest freinds. I see three people at the same table as me. The people are my friends. Their sweatshirts are black, green, and white. I see pencils working hard at work. I hear faint whisperers among the classroom. I taste pretzles. I smell the smell of kids in a classrom. I feel the hard wood of my pencil.

Article posted March 26, 2008 at 09:33 PM GMT • comment (6) • Reads 55

Poem #1

Leaves

Crisp Green

Flyin Gliding Floating

Loving To Be Here

Leaves

Poem #2

Water

Clean Blue

Rushing Hurrying Scurrying

Looking For Open Space

Water

Poem #3

Bark

Brown Thick

Running Theckening Scraping

Climbing Up The Trees

Bark

I hope you enjoyed those poems. Tell me what you think about the poems, what was your favorite? Just write me a comment and I'll get back to you!!!

~♥AmericanGirl

AmericanGirl

Dear Mom and Dad,

I think we should go to Alaska to see the Iditarod because it would be cool to see the geography and the history and more. Maybe? Let me explain, you’ll change your mind.

First, the race started when Nome was sick. Dogs had to race to get the medicine. Then when they get back they would get better. Then they made it a great sport.

Second, the weather, it’s sometimes warm, that’s in the summer. It could also get waist high in snow, and it could get icy. But that would be a blast!

Third, the geography, the mushers don’t go through very smooth surfaces. They have to go up and down hills. Also through trees, and mountains. It’s not that easy.

Fourth, the race started when all of Nome, Alaska was sick with Diphtheria. All of Nome needed sled dogs to get the medicine transported. The dog teams needed to race to get the medicine. So when they get back everyone will be okay!

Fifth, the sights! There are two different ranges. The 1st one is called, Alaska Range. The 2nd one is called Brooks Range. If we went there I would want to fly right over them! Doesn’t that sound like fun!

Also, we could see how the mushers and the dog sled teams work together. We could also ask how they tell the dogs what to do. We could ask why they need to drop off the dogs! I think it’s because the dogs aren’t in the best condition.

In the end, we should see the Iditarod. Why? Didn’t I just explain that? Let me put it this way. We should go because of the geography, history, and a whole lot more.

Love,

AmericanGirl