by teacher: Professor McGonagall

Final Writing Assignment
Final Writing Assignment
March 13, 2008
Annabeth
Dear Dad,
I want to go to Alaska (instead of a BORING art museum) because I want to see the Iditarod race.
The Iditarod race started in 1973. In 1925 when Nome caught a disease called Diphtheria many people and animals died. So they decided to send a relay of dog sled teams to Anchorage to get Anti-Toxin, which is the only medicine that can cure Diphtheria. One of those dogs was named Balto. Balto was half-dog half-wolf. The race goes is 1,112 miles! Wow that’s a long race!
The weather in Alaska is very cold I bet it gets like 8 below in the winter. You could get frostbite really easily if your not prepared. But I bet if we have a lot of hand and feet warmers I thin we’ll be fine.
The mountains are so B-e-a-utiful so I would love to take pictures. All the dog sled teams have to have at least 12 dogs and you have to end the race with 6th at the least. If you get to 5 dogs I think you’re automatically out. This year Lance Mackey won his 6th year in a row.
So the reason I want to go to Alaska because of the Iditarod.
Love,
Annabeth

Article posted March 14, 2008 at 04:09 PM • comment (1) • Reads 38 • see all articles