Klaus's Blog!!!!!!!!-

by teacher: Professor McGonagall

Hello World,

I am going to talk to you about Systems. What I know about systems is that systems are little things working together to make a big thing. For example the Water Cycle. Is like evaporation and condensation working together to make the water cycle. Also the water cycle makes Clouds and rain. Also if one thing stops living or go's extinct. The big thing will stop working but it takes a long time to do it's thing. Like for the envirment if one animal go's extinted. The animals that eat it will have no food! And they will go extint and then the animal that eats that will die!! YaYa you get the point. So thats all.

From,

Klaus

Article posted May 27, 2008 at 07:23 PM GMT • comment (6) • Reads 53

Hello World,

What I did on the long weekend was my uncle, aunt and baby cousin came over to celebrate the ski to sea. My mom and dads friends had a party at are friends house!!! My dad bought a snow cone mechine for the kids with like 8 different flavors! We stayed out till 11:30. And my friend kyle and his brother slept over on sunday.

from,

klaus:)

Hey World,

This is my page of all the info for my story and authers.

REFERENCES

BY: Klaus

Carter, Alden. The American Revolution. New York: Franklin watts, 1992

Harcourt brace. We the people; The People; Early United States. Orlando: Harcourt Brace and company, 2000

January, Brendan. The Revolutionary war. New York: Children’s press, 2000.

Maestro, Betsy. Liberty or Death; The American Revolution 1763-1783. New York: HarperCollins Publishers, 2005.

Schanzer, Rosalyn. George vs. George; The American Revolution as seen from both sides. Washington D.C: National geographic, 2004.

Spear, Elizabeth George. The witch of blackbird pond. New York: Bantam Doubleday dell publishing group, Inc, 1958.

Hey World,

this is my CBA an assignment.

British Taxes

By: Klaus

May 20 2008

IN 1662 king Charles granted a charter to conn. Colony giving the colonists the rights to make their own laws. (Speare, 70) Assemblies elected by the colonists made laws, set taxes, and raised companies of troops called militia to defend the colonies.(carter pg. 8)in 1687, king James wanted British wanted British parliament to make laws for the colonists.

IN 1765 British parliament could make laws for the colonists. The king needed to pay for the French and Indian war so he made laws to tax the colonists (Harcourt, 266)

The king started the sugar act in 1764 (Harcourt, 272) “This tariff angered colonists. But what bothered them the most was that they had no part in making this tax law” (Harcourt, 272) The king and parliament all had a say in passing law.” Unlike other British citizens, the colonists could not elect law makers…. but parliament was quick to remind colonists they were British subjects”(Harcourt, 263)

The stamp act of 1765 was another blow to the colonies democratic ideals. The new tax law angered the colonists” (January, 6) the people have been practicing self-government separate from the king, for years (Harcourt, 263) The stamp act made all people pay for a stamp on all paper like newspaper!

Parliament added these new laws to show they could still make laws for the colonists (Harcourt, 277) The stamp act congress met to get the act reapeled. Patriot James Otis said the famous quote. “No taxation without representation!” (Harcourt, 274) these British laws were directly against the democratic ideals of self-government the colonists had been practicing for 100 yrs.

The colonists did not get to elect representatives into British parliament. They did not have any say in the tax laws they were being forced to pay. The king made a third law that made people mad, the tax on tea, and 1773. The colonists believed in democracy (Harcourt, 263) the colonists believed the only way to assure their rights were to fight for them.

The people are British citizens living in America. There rights were being run over by the sugar act and the tax on tea. They first appealed to the king and parliament. When that did not work they protested. Eventually, the rally cry of “no taxation with out representation” would lead the colonists to fight for their freedom.

On December 16, 1773 a group called the sons of liberty dressed up as Mohawk Indians and went on the British boats and dumped all that tax tea into Britain harbor! When they were done the total amount was 1 million pounds! The congress sent a appeal for peace and harmony to king George and suggested that parliament get rid of all the unconstitutional laws controlling America.

Hey World,

This is another article about my book. Last one was about politics and this one is about romance! Kit flirts w/Nat

Kit tries to flirt w/John

Judith likes William

William likes Kit

Kit likes Johns voice

Judith Judith likes John

Judith still likes William

Mercy likes Nats looks

Mercy likes John

John likes Mercy

Its all romance and stuff. My teacher says it will have more politics and romance and history near the end.

from,

klaus

Hey World,

this is another article about my book. It is all about politics.

PATRIOTS

Uncle Matthew

Family

Nat

Captin Eaton

LOYALIST

Kit

Grand Father

William Ashby

Rev. Bulkley

At the supper table matt,william and rev. Always fight! John holdbrook is in the middle we dont know what he is also hannah tupper

from,

klaus

Article posted May 1, 2008 at 08:24 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 92

Hey World,

My class as just started reading a new book its Witch of Black bird pond. There is politics, history and of course romance. It takes place in 1687 in barbados and wethers field. The characters are kit,prudence,judith,mercy,uncle matthew and rachel. There is lots more but i cant think of them. Some of the politics are the fighting between loyalist and patriots. Also the history is they have slaves, sanding floors and brick ovens. There is lots of romance like kit liking people and stuff.

from,

klaus

Article posted April 23, 2008 at 10:15 PM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 77

Hey World

this is where i went with links.

regina sask canada

Austrailla

Seattle

Seattle

Article posted April 17, 2008 at 08:07 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 41

Hey World,

yesterday I had a game we played the giants. My friend Jack and my other friend were playing us the rockies. They won 8-7. We were evenly matched teams. There was like a minute left and they hit a line drive but my teamate missed it! They scored and the game was over. After it a kid from the giants slept over that night because his parents were away.

from,

klaus

Article posted April 15, 2008 at 07:40 PM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 69

Hey World,

this is my poem.

Right now I am in room 2 sitting at the front table. I see some people like lemony and hes refusing to a pencil, because it is bullying him. I see 10 computers and a screen with a projecter. Also I see pictures of everybody on the wall. I hear people talking like my teacher. I smell plain air with that airy smell. I can taste a strawbarry bar from snack. I can feel my pencil in my hand and my other hand on my peice of paper

from,

klaus