Sunny's DragonBlog Page-

by teacher: Professor McGonagall

Article posted May 15, 2008 at 05:22 PM GMT • comment (4) • Reads 168

A couple of weeks ago, one of our chinchillas had baby's. The mother was Spectals. Well also a couple of weeks ago, my dad took the baby chinchillas and checked to see what kind of gender they were. Well there both girls! The Begie one isn't actally a Begie. It's a Shampane! It is a rare color of chinchilla. Her name is Ginger. The Mosaic's name is Domiano! They are so cute!

Article posted May 1, 2008 at 08:23 PM GMT • comment (5) • Reads 96

Our whole class has just started a new book called the Witch of Blackbird Pond by Elizabeth George Speare. It just like book group. Professor McGonagall has us put into 3 different groups. When your group is called, you talk about a chapter you read recently. Sometimes Pro. McG would read to us from the book. The book is really good. Here is the summery of the book from the back of the book.

Orphaned Kit Tyler knows, as she gazes for the first time at the cold, bleak shores of Connecticut Colony, that her new home will never be like the shimmering Caribbean islands she left behind. In her relative's stern Puritan community, she feels like a tropical bird that is now caged and lonely. The only place where Kit feels completely free is in the meadows, where she enjoys the company fo the old Quaker woman known as the Witch of Balckbird Pond, and on occasion, her young sailor friend Nat. But when Kit's friendship with the "witch" is discoverd, Kit is faced with suspicion, fear, and anger. She herslef is accused of withcraft!

It has lots of romance. ( So boys, be prepared if you are interested in reading this book.) Politics in the middle, and some history twisted in it. You would love this book!

Article posted April 28, 2008 at 07:17 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 45

Did you know that I had chinchillas? Well I don't blame you if you do because I really didn't talk about. But now you do know that I had chinchillas! Now I will tell you what color of chinchillas I have and there names. Also if they are a male or female.

ADULTS

2 Begies. Both females. Names: Chloe and Spectals.

1 Mosaic. Male. Name: Smokey.

1 Touch of Velet. (TOV) Female. Name: Dusty.

1 Dark Ebony. Male. Name: Blackjack.

BABY'S

Put Spectals and Smokey together to breed. Spectals had 2 baby's. 1 Begie. 1 Mosaic. Mosaic has gray head and rest of body white. Don't know gender. Don't have names. Yet.

Put Dusty and Blackjack together to breed. Dusty is pregnat. Will have baby's soon I'm guessing.

Hope you had fun learning a bit about my wonderful chinchillas! Bye!

Article posted April 23, 2008 at 10:17 PM GMT • comment (5) • Reads 82

Here are some links to other classroom blogs for this project that we are doing in class.

The project is that we are clicking on blogs on our blog and then clicking other blogs on there blog etc. And then we are trying to find the farthest link as we can. Also we are trying to get all the countries in the world.

Here are the links.

Paul Harrington from Wales.

Allanah K from Moturoa,

New Zealand (I think)
.

Sorry that you guys have to hear this but there is no more blogs that I can hiperlink to you. For to reasons. 1) All of them I get are from somewhere form New Zealand. And 2) They don't say where there from and I can't find any clustermaps. So bye!

P.S.

If you are reading this Professor McGonagall I am sorry. It is just to tough.

Article posted April 17, 2008 at 07:58 PM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 47

Today was my first WASL day. We did Science. At the begining of 4th grade I asked my dad what science was like. He said that it was really fun. But all my 5th grade friends said that it was hard and not so fun. But today when I did the Science WASL it was so fun! I loved it! YIPEE!!!

Article posted April 15, 2008 at 07:20 PM GMT • comment (8) • Reads 103

Today I will be telling you about my Spring Break.

Monday

Went bowling with my family.

Tuesday

Nothing

Wednesday

Went to the Newton Wave Pool in Canada with 2 familys that are friends with our family.

Thursday

Nothing

Friday

Went to Seattle with my family the whole day and went to the Pacific Science Center. On the way home went to the korean store called Polo World.

The End!

Article posted April 14, 2008 at 09:54 PM GMT • comment (4) • Reads 43

Right now I am at school, in Rm 2.

I see 2 people, one a classmate and one the teacher.

I see the screen at the top of the classroom.

I hear loud, loud voices that never stop talking. WHEN WILL IT END!!!

I smell the fresh air coming in threw the outside window that is open.

I taste nothing. Nothing at all.

I can feel my paper and my pencil.

Article posted March 25, 2008 at 09:41 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 70

Today I have 3 Cinquian poems. A Cinquian is a type of poetry from France. It goes like this: Line 1: Write a noun(person, place, thing)

Line 2: Write two adjectives (describing words)

Line 3: Write a three gerunds ('ing' words)

Line 4: Write a four word phrase

Line 5: Write a second noun, related to the noun in Line 1

Our subject was to express the experience of the natural world. My first one for you today is this:

Forest

Green Brown

Exciting Interesting Begining

Trees are growing taller

Woods

My second one:

Moss

Soft Green

Growing Filling Fulling

Moss everywhere and anywhere

Lichen

My last one:

Tree

Rough Brown

Interesting Growing Swaying

No life without Trees

Plant

Hope you enjoyed them! Bye bye!

Article posted March 20, 2008 at 10:12 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 67

My favorite part of Mountain School was everything! If was the most coolest thing on the face of the Earth! The food, hikes, campfire, story time, and others to. But the worst thing that I didnt' like was that the chaparones always woke us up. And I didnt' like it! Well anyways that was my favorite part of Mountain School. Everything.

Article posted March 12, 2008 at 09:47 PM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 78

Today at 2:46 am Lance Mackey won the Iditarod Dog Sled Race=http://=http://=http://=http://=http://=http://=http://!!! When we were at school yesterday we found a GPS that tracked down the racers. At White Mountain Lance was neck to neck with Jeff King and at one point we saw that he went off the trail a bit. Then everybody in my class kept saying that he was a cheater. It was really annoying. Klaus was the one you kept doing it. He even did it the loudest of all when he found out that he won yesderday. I think this is the second time he has won. But I have to go now. Bye! See you later! Oh and by the way go comment Klaus's blog and ask why he was yelling alot. That will torture him real time!

Article posted March 6, 2008 at 10:10 PM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 96

1. Naomi: because it sounds elegant.

2. Dave: because it rhymes with “brave”

3.Mia: from the movie “Eight Below.”

4.Steele: from the movie “Balto.”

5.Scarlet: because if I have a beautiful deep dark red-dog, Scarlet would be the perfect name for it.

6.Goldbond: because there is a very rare chinchilla color that is called Goldbond and I have 7 chinchillas and expecting!

7. Mocha: because mochas are a cream colored liquid and it would be cool to have a cream colored dog.

8. Prime: because after a term in math.

9. Caesar: because after a famous person Julius Caesar.

10. Malay: because it means fight and I want a dog that “fights” till thee end.

11. Patrick: because my birthday is in March and the holiday in March is Saint Patrick’s Day.

12. Annie: because it sounds cute.

13. Jack: after the adventurous story “Jack and the Beanstalk.”

14. Lissie: after the American Girl series of Felicity. I like how Felicity’s family calls her Lissie.

15. Alex: after my brother.

16. Georgia: because after a state that was named after King George the 3rd.

17. Will: “will” do anything to win a race. That’s what I want my dogs to be if I had 20.

18.Jenna: after the graceful husky in “Balto.”

19. Jake: because if you hear the word “Jake” then it sounds like it to me that he likes humans.

20. Pepper: because my mom uses pepper a lot in her food and I like using peppers in food to.

Article posted March 5, 2008 at 09:47 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 73

Musher Bio of Lance Mackey

Lance Mackey was born and was raised in Alaska. He is the #1 champion of the 2007 Iditarod dog sled race. His dad Dick Mackey won the 1978 Iditarod race also. His older Ron Mackey as won the 1983. They both had the bib #13. Last year Lance got the chance to have the bib #13 also just has he had planned. He and his wife Tonya have 4 kids all of them in there teens.

Article posted March 4, 2008 at 07:39 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 67

I have something very sad to tell you. On the second day of the Iditarod my musher G.B. Jones dropped out! I was devistated. And other kids in my class had there mushers dropp out to. So Professor McGonagall said that if your musher dropped out then pick out a another musher to cheer on. Guess who I picked? LANCE MACKEY THE CHAMPION OF THE 2007 IDITAROD DOG SLED RACE!!! Annabeth and Sabrina are also on my team. I just wanted to tell you this because pretty soon I will have a paragrah of Lance Mackey ( also known as a Musher Bio) as a article. Got ta go. Bye!

Article posted February 25, 2008 at 10:13 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 40

Hey everybody! Want to have some fun that has to do with St. Patricks Day? If you do then here's a fun hangman. Remember, it has sound. See ya! Have fun!

St.Patricks Day Hangman

Article posted February 19, 2008 at 07:38 PM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 43

Me and my class is doing a really cool project called the Iditarod-Collaborative-Project. The Iditarod is a dog sled race that takes about 2 weeks usally. What a long race! It starts on March 1st, 2008. Anyways, to learn more about this dog sled race click on Introduction because I can't just sit around all day talking about the race. Here is also a link to my group page. My Group. Each team has a race number.My race number is #1. My musher is G.B. Jones. He is ranked #1. Aren't I lucky? Come on, say it with me:" SUNNY'S LUCKY! GO SUNNY, GO SUNNY, GO SUNNY!" That's better. If you want to know more about my musher then here's his website. G.B.Jones. Also I have 5 group member's including me. There names are:

Fluffyman from Haultain (Ms. Brown),

Mac_10 from Haultain (Ms. Brown),

Tanner from Mr. Ellis, and

Yassmina H from ACS (Lebanon).

If you what to see there blogs just click on there names. Here they are.

Fluffyman.

Mac_10.

Tanner.

Yassmina.

Just to finsh up my article here's the
Official Race Site for the Iditarod dog sled race.

See you later!

Sunny

Article posted February 4, 2008 at 09:45 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 48

Today we are going to talk about bullying. Bullying looks like somebody getting hurt, threatend, or somebody's feeling's just got hurt. You usally see something like this on the playground. But there can also be many,many,many more places it can be seen. The person that's bullying somebody can be a friend, somebody you know,your siblings or it can be YOU! That's why you need to be careful of your actions. If you have seen somebody or you have been bullyed, then comment me about it and I will comment back. Be sure that you tell where you are from!

Article posted February 1, 2008 at 09:38 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 38

There once was a sheep. The sheep was alergic to peas. If the sheep ate any it's throat would get all swollen. The sheep would moan all day. But the only medine he could have was toast. If it ate toast the sheeps throat woulden't hurt anymore. Another type of medine that could help was any type of cream mixture. It's favorite kind was ice cream. The sheep would just sit down and read while it ate it's cream. Once in a while the sheep would get out a spinning wheel, and thread a beautiful blanket. The blanket would turn into sheets. Neat sheets infact. Sometimes he would want to go on a boat ride , and the blaket/sheets would turn into a sail. Though he would need three because it is a big sailboat. Then the sheep would sail the coast.

WORDS

sheep

pea

throat

moan

toast

cream

read

wheel

thread

sheets

neat

sail

need

coast

Article posted January 29, 2008 at 09:57 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 36

On Monday I was very sad but angry at the same time. On Monday my family decided to go family bowling. At around 4:30 me, my mom, my brother and sister went to go pick up my dad from work. When we were leaving our house it started to snow like mad. But before that it was not snowing. I got scared. What if we didn't get to go bowling because of the snow? When I we picked up my dad at his office, he said that we won't go but we could maybe go this Monday. When we were heading home it stopped completly. I was very mad and sad. But at least I get to look forward to this Monday!

Article posted January 25, 2008 at 09:52 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 38

Dear Professor McGonagall,

Here are you answers to your two questions.

Q#1

Why did British Parliament decide to tax the

colonists living in America?

A#1

Because Parliment needed money for the French and Indian War.

Q#2

Why did the colonists decide not to pay the taxes?

A#2

Because they they didn't have any say in it. And they also didn't like and thought it was unfair.

Well Professor. I think those are right. But I still not so sure on Q#1. Maybe when were done with social studies we can take a test. Anyways got to go. Bye!

Your Student,

Sunny

P.S. To Professor,

Did the guy who made up Dragonblogs replyed on why I have no comments? Please tell me as soon as possible.

P.S. To Readers,

You didn't have to read this. It was just a reply to my Professor's article.

Here is a fun Valentines Hangman that you can enjoy! It has sound!

Halloween Hangman created by The Dimension's Edge, Inc.

At my school we are having a food drive. We have this origination called Helping Hands. Helping Hands is were on every Thursdays I think, you go to school at 8:00 (so before school) and think and do things that will help our community. It's for 4th graders and 5th graders. You do not have to go. But every year they have a food drive. You bring in canned food (and it doesn't matter what grade your in) and Helping Hands gives it to a food bank. This year Helping Hands has given us a challenge. The challenge is if we can raise 1,956 pounds of food. Do you think has a school do this? Comment back and say Yes of No and why.

P.S.

I'm not in Helping Hands.

So a couple weeks ago we had ( or most of you had) a day off. We had a day off because it was what? Most of you guys know this. MARTIN LUTHER KING DAY! My teacher thinks it was a long weekend but I think she was wrong. To me it was a ordinary weekend with my dad home from work, and my family all happy. My parents got to sleep in. But it just was a day! An ordinary day! Well I guess it was a day that we didn't have to go to school, and a national holiday so my dad could stay home. But a day! It was just a day! Okay, so I maybe over reacting, but a day! Anyways, I got to go. Hope you guys enjoyed my article! But it was just a day!

Article posted December 20, 2007 at 07:47 PM GMT • comment (7) • Reads 41

I am from a warm and kind family.

I am from a cozy and nice house.

I am from a good school.

I am from great friends.

I am from a cool history.

I am from super-duper parents.

I am from a good life.

Article posted December 18, 2007 at 07:38 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 58

Do you think the computer can guess your number? Give it a try by clicking on the link below.

The real question is, can you explain how the computer knows your number? I'll be waiting to read your explanations in the comments! Just type this in:

[LINK]

Article posted December 13, 2007 at 10:08 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 49

I always wanted a pet fish. And guess what? I got some! 10 even! Remember to feed the fishy's!

Article posted December 13, 2007 at 08:14 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 45

Article posted December 11, 2007 at 10:20 PM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 44

Here is my really cool name in a really cool font:

Article posted December 5, 2007 at 09:57 PM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 39

Today I want to talk about math. Math is very importent.(Though you don't have to agree because I don't think that it's importent and I also don't like Math, and suck at it very badly.)So that's just a little about me. But anyways, I am going to give you an example on a math problem. The method that I will use is called Beastly/Easy. Sounds pretty werid huh? Well a guy in my class named Smeagol made the name up. You can ask him why. So here is my probelm:

858-769=

858-700=158

158-60=98

98-9=89

If you don't get it I'm really sorry. It's just that it's really hard to type and at the same time explain it. Thank you for your understanding!

Article posted December 3, 2007 at 10:52 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 39

Article posted November 29, 2007 at 07:55 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 39

Okay who would not be exicted for Christmas? There's Santa and presents but that is not the meaning of Christmas. The meaning of Christmas is giving not geting,so try to give as much as you get. And I was just wondering, what do you want for Christmas?

Article posted November 27, 2007 at 10:52 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 40

My Hobit Name:

Azaelia Knotwise of Michel Delving

And My Elven Name:

Larien Ancalimë

I just wanted to say:

HAVE A HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

AND HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEKEND!

ENJOY THE FOOD!

The book that I am reading now is Listening For Lions.( By Gloria Whelan) I have just started it. It is really good. It's about this girl who lives with her parents in Africa, and her dad is a docter and her mom is a nurse. But when a deadly flu spreads threw the country, her parents die along with others. Then she is an orphan like her parents. Like a lion, she must be patient and strong, awaiting the moment when she can take control of her own fate-and find her way home again. Maybe you could try it. You should. Like I said, so far it is really good.

"If you are among evil people, you must be like the lion, gathering strength and awaiting your time."

Article posted November 15, 2007 at 07:48 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 34

Here are my favorite bands:

1. Iron Maiden

2. Echo and the Bunnyman

Now here are my favorite singers:

1. Michlle Tunes

2. El Divo

3. Jesse Mcartney

And those are my favorite bands and singers that I could think of. Bye!

Article posted November 8, 2007 at 06:40 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 37

Since it's almost Veterens Day,do you have a family member or friend that is a veteren?I do, on my mom's side. Which is my grandpa. When he was fighting, one of his arms got shot. So some people had to cut it off. But he is still living. I am proud of him. He fought bravley.

Well were on a new month. November is one of my favorite months. Do you know why? Guess. BECAUSE OF ALL THE FOOD! YUM,YUM,YUM! I just can't stop saying that. The turkey, mashed potaoes, stuffing,and pumpkin pie! What's your favorite Thanksgiving food? And since it's Thanksgiving, what are you thankful for?

Article posted November 7, 2007 at 09:37 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 40

Last week I just finshed a really good series of books. Do you have a guess? It was the Harry Potter series! They were so good! If you have not read them you should. There about witches and wizards, magic wands and other cool things. But wait. I just forgot something to add. MAGIC OF COURSE! Ha, ha, ha. Nice joke uh? Well anyways, just to wrap things up, there a really good series. You should try them. The book that I am now reading is: A Wrinkle in Time. It's also a series. But there really hard to explain. But you should try them. There actully quite good.

Here are my top ten favorite foods:

1. Home made French Toast

2. Apple Pie that my Grandma makes

3. Ice Cream that my Grandpa makes

4. Spagetti

5. Pizza

6. Different soups

7. Crepes

8. Toast with Cream Cheese and Jam

9. Blueberries

10.Peaches

And lots more!

Here are my Top 5 Favorite Books I have read:

1. The whole Harry Potter series.

2. Fairest

3. Juliea Dove Queen of Love.

4. Chicken Soup for the Kids Soul 2.

5. How A Bug Went Kurchoo.

I know I have more books I like (and have read), but I just can't think of anymore! I will put up another article if I can think up some more. I hope you have seen books that you have read or seen.

Let me tell you 7 things about me:

1.I was born on March 7th, 1997.

2.I was born in Seoul, Korea at the time of 7:15am.

3.I'm half Iranian.

4.I want to travel all around Europe.

5.My favorite fruits are: Apples, Peaches, Blueberries, Watermelon, and lots more.(Really, I mean lots more.)

6.I kinda like american food.

7.I also love to read.

And that's 7 random facts about me!

Well today is the month of October.That means it's Halloween!And it also means that there's going to be lots and lots of CANDY!!!But you should still eat healthly. By the way, what are you going to be for Halloween?

Article posted September 20, 2007 at 07:59 PM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 38

My qusetion is:when is your birthday, and year.

Article posted September 17, 2007 at 11:15 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 39

In class we did a science project on pendulums. It was when we took string about 38cm.long. We then took 1 washer and cliped it on a paper clip. Next with the washer cliped on we tied the string on the paper clip. Then we swinged it for 15 seconds.Most of us got 12 seconds.And then our teacher wanted us to change a couple of variables.

The first varible she wanted us to change was the length of string. The smallest we could go was 10cm.long,the hightest we could go was 200cm.But even before that she wanted us to infer what would happen if we caused more weight or put less weight. So anyway we tried different lengths of string and counted together has a class. and the results were: that if you put more weight of string then you get fewer swings like 5 swings, and if you put less weight you than get more swings in 15 seconds like 25-41!

FAIREST

In this wonderful book there are lots and lots and lots...(etc.)of cliffhangers. Like I said:I love books that leave you hanging! It was like after I finsh reading a chapter there was always a clifferhanger. Those kind of books are my taste.Those kind of books I love!

Hi! This is Sunny again! My teacher wanted me and my class to type about thinking about our thinking (Meta cognitionon)on the topic of prime and composite.Well I will start by saying what I used to think about prime numbers and composite numbers. In thrid grade I didn't even know that the words prime and composite even existed! Then in fourth grade I learned a little bit but I still didn't know excatly what the words meant. Now my brain knows so much I understand it now!

Article posted September 7, 2007 at 07:05 PM GMT • comment (8) • Reads 36

Hello World,

My nickname is Sunny. How I picked it is from one of my favorite book series, Lemony Snicket. I chose it because Sunny was my very favorite character. She was always doing things normal babys would'nt do. The book is always leaves you hanging. Do any of you out there like those type of books?

I LOVE BLOGGING!