by teacher: Professor McGonagall

Article posted May 30, 2008 at 09:38 PM GMT • comment (5) • Reads 475

On Thursday We had a trackmeet feild trip and we all got signed to something like shotput,2 laps,75 meter dash,running long jump,and 50 meter dash.I did the 200 Its half a lap and I got 2nd place and my time was 35 seconds!! And our school got 1st place out of all!!

Article posted May 27, 2008 at 07:13 PM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 43

Well First It was friday and I went to my dads house for 3 days then from there we went to the movies and I saw Indiana Jones!!!! Then I went to My friend Taryns house and then we played rock band and Saw Narnia prince caspian! yeah thats it bye

In 1662 King Charles granted a charter to Connecticut colony giving the colonist the rights to make their own laws (Speare, 70). Assemblies elected by the colonists make laws set tales, and raised companies of troops called military to defend the colonies (Carter, 8) 1687, King James wanted British parliament to make laws for the colonists (Speare, 70).

In 1765, british parliament could make laws for the colonists. The king needed to pay for the French and Indian war so he made laws to tax the colonists (Harcourt, 266)

The king started the sugar, act in 1764 (Harcourt, 272).

“This tariff angered the colonists. But what bothered them most was that they had had no part in making this tax law” (Harcourt, 272). The king and British parliament all had say in passing the laws. “Unlike other British citizens, the colonists could not elect law makers… but parliament was quick to remind colonists they were British subjects.” (Harcourt, 263)

The stamp act was another blow to the colonists democratic ideals. The colonists had been practicing self government, separate from the king for years (Harcourt, 263). They collected their own taxes to pay for services in the colonies (Carter, 8).

The stamp act of 1765 was another attempt by parliament to get the war dept. “The new tax laws angered the people in the colonies” (January,6). The stamp act required colonists to pay for a stamp (to show they paid the tax) On all paper goods like newspaper, mail, cards, normal paper.

“ Parliament added these new laws to show they could still make laws for the colonists” (Harcourt, 277). The stamp act congress met to get the act repealed. James Otis said the famous quote “No taxation without representation”(Harcourt, 274). These British laws were directly opposed to the self government. The colonists had been practicing for over 100 YEARS!

The colonists did not get to elect representatives into British parliament. “They did not have any say in the tax laws they were being forced to pay. The king made a third law that angered the colonists, the tax on tea, 1773. The colonists believed in democracy” (Harcourt, 263). The colonists were not represented in British parliament and believed the only way to ensure their rights was to fight for them. The colonists dressed up as Indians and went down to the water (Maestro, 7) to dump all the tea into the water to prove a point of there freedom.

The colonists were British citizens living in America. When their rights were being trampled by the sugar by the sugar act, the stamp act, and the tax on tea, they first appealed to the king and parliament. When that didn’t work they protested. Eventually the rally cry of “No taxation without representation.” “The congress sent an appeal for peace and Harmony to king George that parliament get rid of all the un-constitutional laws controlling America” (Schanzer, 27). Would lead the colonists to fight for their freedom. The colonists wanted a true represented government.

In 1776, in the revolutionary war, British colonists fight Britain for the right to become American citizens and be truly free.

Article posted May 8, 2008 at 08:21 PM GMT • comment (4) • Reads 76

My class is reading Witch of Blackbird Pond and...

Romance

Kit flirts w/ Nat

Kit trys to flirt w/ John

Judith like William

Mercy like John

John likes mercy

Kit likes Johns Voice

Mercy likes nats looks

Kit likes all three.

Politics

Mathew Reverend Bulkely

John grandfather

Kit

History

Girls could not read/Write

Dame school is serious no acting or anything

Article posted May 6, 2008 at 07:21 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 60

Hello Im Violet and I am going to tell u about With Of BlackBird Pond! It is a book that everybody in my class is reading! I am goign to tell u about the Romance Politics and History!

Romance

Kit is a big flirt so..

Williams Flirting with Kit

Kit is flirting with William

Mercy Likes John

and more...

History

Wooden Plants/Bowls

Candles no Lights

Politics

Loyolist Patriots

kit John Mathew

Grandpa Family

Bulkley

William

FROM VIOLET

Article posted May 1, 2008 at 08:24 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 110

Hello Everybody in our class we are reading a book called Witch of Blackbird Pond! It was staring in 1687! It is all about a girl named Kit (Kathrine) who lost her parents and grandparents and now she is on her way to her aunts house in Weathersfield and Kit is rich she has a lot of clothes and one very special doll when she was on the boat on the way to her Aunt Rachels house she was looking over the boat then she dropped her doll of the boat then she jumped in to get the dolly and she got her clothes wet but then One of the sailors jumped in the water to save her cause he thought she couldnt swim but sje was borin in Barbados so she can swim! when she got back on the boat and she said dont worry i got more clothes but the salior said well i only have one and im wearing them! so u can tell she is very rich! So far this book is really good! cant wait to finish it!

VIOLET!

Article posted April 22, 2008 at 09:39 PM GMT • comment (6) • Reads 50

Our Class is taking a trip around the world This is one class from New York Mr.Duggers 4th grade class!

Then a class from UK
Mr.Bournes 4th grade class.

Last class from Virgina
Mr. Osweilers class

Article posted April 17, 2008 at 08:07 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 44

I have no article idea so... I am gonna write about how im bored and that we are in the computer lab and im sitting by AmericanGirl!! I am writing this and typing! yeah that is my boring boring boring boring story the end!

Article posted April 15, 2008 at 07:23 PM GMT • comment (7) • Reads 80

On spring break I went to my fathers house ti was super! and I had a cheer compatition and we won 1st place!yeAH=http://!!! and that was pretty much all i did and oh yeah yeah um i sprained my finger and foot! it sucked!!!!it was a pretty boring spring break but i t was fun to i dont know why though??? that was my boring spring break!