by teacher: Professor McGonagall

Article posted May 1, 2008 at 08:24 PM GMT • comment (4) • Reads 514

I'm going to tell you about the book Witch of Blackbird Pond.The romance in this book makes me gag but I'm going to tell you about it anyway. Kit wich is the main character of the book.

Kit flirts with Nat

Kit tries to flirt with John

Judith likes William

Kit likes John's voice

Judith likes John.

Now I'm going to talk to you about The History of Weathersfeild CT where Kit goes after living in Barbados when her grandpa died so she had to live in Weathersfeild CT. Aniways everybody is very religious if your not they kick you out of town. Everybody there uses wooden plates and they also use candles to see at night. The next catigorie is politics.

The patriets are against the loyalists the patriets are the ones that fight for freedom and trying to stop slavery. The loyalists are way different from the patriets because the loyalists are loyal to the king and obey his every order. That was a review of the Witch of Blackbird pond.

From, Frodo

Article posted May 1, 2008 at 08:24 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 120

Hello Everybody in our class we are reading a book called Witch of Blackbird Pond! It was staring in 1687! It is all about a girl named Kit (Kathrine) who lost her parents and grandparents and now she is on her way to her aunts house in Weathersfield and Kit is rich she has a lot of clothes and one very special doll when she was on the boat on the way to her Aunt Rachels house she was looking over the boat then she dropped her doll of the boat then she jumped in to get the dolly and she got her clothes wet but then One of the sailors jumped in the water to save her cause he thought she couldnt swim but sje was borin in Barbados so she can swim! when she got back on the boat and she said dont worry i got more clothes but the salior said well i only have one and im wearing them! so u can tell she is very rich! So far this book is really good! cant wait to finish it!

VIOLET!

Article posted May 6, 2008 at 07:21 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 73

Hello Im Violet and I am going to tell u about With Of BlackBird Pond! It is a book that everybody in my class is reading! I am goign to tell u about the Romance Politics and History!

Romance

Kit is a big flirt so..

Williams Flirting with Kit

Kit is flirting with William

Mercy Likes John

and more...

History

Wooden Plants/Bowls

Candles no Lights

Politics

Loyolist Patriots

kit John Mathew

Grandpa Family

Bulkley

William

FROM VIOLET

Article posted May 8, 2008 at 08:21 PM GMT • comment (4) • Reads 84

My class is reading Witch of Blackbird Pond and...

Romance

Kit flirts w/ Nat

Kit trys to flirt w/ John

Judith like William

Mercy like John

John likes mercy

Kit likes Johns Voice

Mercy likes nats looks

Kit likes all three.

Politics

Mathew Reverend Bulkely

John grandfather

Kit

History

Girls could not read/Write

Dame school is serious no acting or anything

Article posted May 1, 2008 at 08:23 PM GMT • comment (5) • Reads 81

Our whole class has just started a new book called the Witch of Blackbird Pond by Elizabeth George Speare. It just like book group. Professor McGonagall has us put into 3 different groups. When your group is called, you talk about a chapter you read recently. Sometimes Pro. McG would read to us from the book. The book is really good. Here is the summery of the book from the back of the book.

Orphaned Kit Tyler knows, as she gazes for the first time at the cold, bleak shores of Connecticut Colony, that her new home will never be like the shimmering Caribbean islands she left behind. In her relative's stern Puritan community, she feels like a tropical bird that is now caged and lonely. The only place where Kit feels completely free is in the meadows, where she enjoys the company fo the old Quaker woman known as the Witch of Balckbird Pond, and on occasion, her young sailor friend Nat. But when Kit's friendship with the "witch" is discoverd, Kit is faced with suspicion, fear, and anger. She herslef is accused of withcraft!

It has lots of romance. ( So boys, be prepared if you are interested in reading this book.) Politics in the middle, and some history twisted in it. You would love this book!

Article posted May 1, 2008 at 08:24 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 103

Hey World,

My class as just started reading a new book its Witch of Black bird pond. There is politics, history and of course romance. It takes place in 1687 in barbados and wethers field. The characters are kit,prudence,judith,mercy,uncle matthew and rachel. There is lots more but i cant think of them. Some of the politics are the fighting between loyalist and patriots. Also the history is they have slaves, sanding floors and brick ovens. There is lots of romance like kit liking people and stuff.

from,

klaus

Hey World,

this is another article about my book. It is all about politics.

PATRIOTS

Uncle Matthew

Family

Nat

Captin Eaton

LOYALIST

Kit

Grand Father

William Ashby

Rev. Bulkley

At the supper table matt,william and rev. Always fight! John holdbrook is in the middle we dont know what he is also hannah tupper

from,

klaus

Hey World,

This is another article about my book. Last one was about politics and this one is about romance! Kit flirts w/Nat

Kit tries to flirt w/John

Judith likes William

William likes Kit

Kit likes Johns voice

Judith Judith likes John

Judith still likes William

Mercy likes Nats looks

Mercy likes John

John likes Mercy

Its all romance and stuff. My teacher says it will have more politics and romance and history near the end.

from,

klaus

Article posted May 1, 2008 at 08:24 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 107

A couple weeks ago we started a book called The Witch Of Blackbird pond. This book Takes place in 1687. In this book A girl rom Barbados comes to Wethersfield, Connecticut to live with her Aunt Rachel.Then around the 6th chapter when Kit the main carecter goes to metting or church she meets William Ashby. Then The next day he asks permission to call on or date kit. Her cousin Judith used to like William Ashby. But when Judith meets Jhon Holbroke she doesn't want William anymore. Then When Willaim comes to Aunt Rachel's house he brang up that he was building a house on land that he got 5 years ago. The reason I think that he brang that up because he was going to court Kit and later perpose.

Now Kit and Mercy have a job to teach kids how to read. One day when their theaching the kids when Kit thought it would be a good idea to act out a story from the BIBLE, (Now that was a bad Idea) ThenMr. kiberly and Reverand Woodbridge came and saw what was happening so he dissmissed the kids and dissmissed Kit but he's thinking about dissmissing Mercy too. Once Kit saw Mercy crying she bolted out of the house to the medow. There she met Hannah Tupper. Everone in Wethersfield thinks Hannah Tupper is a witch.

And thats really all that I have read so far!

From,

Annabeth >=<

From,

Annabeth >=<

Article posted May 6, 2008 at 07:30 PM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 90

Kit is from the barbatoes

She can swim and whre she is if she swims peoples think she is a witch.

Her grandpa dided

she is verry rich

To get up the river to black bird pond they had to go up river by a small boat and put an ancore then tie a rope to it then bring the rope to the ship and pull them selfs up the river by hand.

Judith got jealous of Kits dress.

Judith thought william wanted to marry kit

kit and judith had to go out to the onion fild and weed the fild by hand.

Article posted May 1, 2008 at 08:24 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 111

Hi. I am in a book club(BOO) and we are reading a book Called The Which of BlackBird Pond. (Double BOO) Well I guess it is ok but it gets really boring at some points. Like now.) : It is also abit disgusting because there is ROMANCE in it. Also there is enoying politics, too. But the cool thing is(not really cool) that it is in history. In the 1687's. Well lets get to whats happend so far.

The main charcters are:

Kit Tyler (Katherine)

Judith

Mercy

Aunt Rachel Wood

Uncle Matthew Wood

John Holbrook

Nat

William Ashby

Here is a quick summary of what I have read!

There is a girl that has moved from Barbados to the cold, bleak of the Conneticut Colony. She feels that she doesn't fit in because whatever she does or says is wrong. She is trying to fit in. Later in the book kit meets face to face a witch. Or someone accused of witch craft. Her name is Hannah Tupper. They say that Kit shouldn't got here but she will not listen because she thinks that she is really nice.

Article posted May 1, 2008 at 08:23 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 149

There is a book that we have to read. It is called Witch Of Blackbird Pond. It is about a girl named Kit Tyler who had to move from her house in Barbados to Wethersfield, Connecticut. She was used to being treated like royalty. But When she gets there she has to do chores. There is also a boy named William Ashbey that falls in love with Kit. But Kit's cousin, Judith first liked him but then william Liked Kit. So Judith Started Liking Someone else Kit Liked. That persons name is Jhon Holbrook. Also, Kit is a Loyalist but her aunt & uncle and there family are all patriots. Jhon is also a patriot. But the former preacher, Reverend Bulkey, at the church is a Loyalist. William is a Loyalist as well. Things were very different back then. Their meals will be only one single thing. As of now, our meals are usually, a main dish, side dish, and/or vegetable. Also, they have to grow their food or raise their food(raising as in raising cows). It takes most likely a WHOLE DAY to prepare the food. That is all I have to share right now! Come back for more!

~♥AmericanGirl♥~

Article posted May 6, 2008 at 07:22 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 72

well this is a book that we are reading in class and it is ok I am getting there to like it. Well she is an orfen she is sixteen she ha sno religon she is only a child. Also she sailed a lot. Kit gets made easly. and kit came came in to see her aunt and uncle and they did not know that she was comeing to town. Also the uncul is dissoproving. judith gets jelouse and willam is rich, jhon preacher and merse is kind pillery

there is a lot of romance like willam likes kit and judith likes john holbrok. kit kinda likes all three of the guys. judith still like willam.

historical they eat pop corn. very religous. candels. they have wooden plates wooden.

politics

mathew is a is a patriot

kit is loyolist

HI HI AS ALLWAYS ( Im a moron because I can't think of anything ells "TEE HEE")

This book I'm reading about Is called witch of black bird pond and It takes place In 1680's (long time ago) and theres this girl named Kit (kinda like kit kats YUM!) and what Iv'e read so far Is that Kit's grandpa died so she moves In with her family members ( I think there causins) and she found out there are no mades there and she has to do chores on her own ( Just to say she was ritch at first).

And this Is kinda grose to me but theres romants In It (EWWWWWW! I ONLY LIKE ROMANTS IN MANGA!) and so mostly thats all I know so far so I guess thats It.

BYE BYE THEN! "TEE HEE" <(^_^)>

Article posted May 6, 2008 at 07:24 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 92

HI HI JEESES I GOT TO STOP SAYING THAT OK FORGET IT IM STARTING OVER,

HIYA PEOPLE OF THE WORLD I'M HERE TO TELL YOU ABOUT THE REST OF THIS BOOK (Tell me how I did on that!)

Well In the book I told you theres flirting In It and trust me there's alot of flirting In It so far!

And allso Kit's grandpa died so she has to live with her causins and she found out she dousin't have any maids, survints anything that does you'r work for you and that would be nice to have maides and all that but allso you wouldent get any exersise!

UMMMM WHAT ELLS OH I KNOW allso this guy Is flirting with kit his name Is WILLIAM ASHBY!

AND THAT'S MOSTLY ALL I KNOW SO BYE BYE!

<(^_^)>

hey friends today i talk to you about the book we are reading in class wich of blackbird pond.

a orphan kit tyler knows that her her new home in conneticut will be alot different than her home back at barbosa. In her parents community she feels like a bird in the wrong part of the world the only place kit feels free is in the meadow but when she is filled with suspension, fear and anger she is accused of witchcraft

Article posted May 6, 2008 at 07:24 PM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 71

Hello again friends

i am going to talk to you about wich of blackbird pond... again

in this book there is a lot of politics

patriots loyalist

matthew kit

family grandpa

nat rev. bulkely

william

also matt, john and willaim always argue about loyalsist and patriots.

Article posted May 8, 2008 at 08:20 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 82

Thier is lots of romance in this book like

kit flirts with with nat

kit tries to flirt with john

Judith likes william

William likes kit

kit likes johns voice

judith likes william

mercy likes john

john likes mercy

And their is history

like the candles

revalutinary war

and when it was time for dinner they ate popcorn out of a wooden bowl.

and politics

Matt william and john allways argue about polits

william kit and her grandpa were all loyalists

matt and uncle mattew are patriots

Article posted May 6, 2008 at 07:31 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 68

I am reading a good book, it is called Witch of Blackbird Pond. It is about a 16 year old girl named Kathrin (or Kit)Tyler. She moves from Barbados (kind of like the carribin)to America in the late 1600s. She meets a women named Hannah and what she did not know is that the town thinks Hannah is a witch! But now the town thinks SHE is a wich to, because she can swim, she is not a cristian, and because she hangs out with Hannah! Will she really HANG out with her? Read to find out! READ IT!! (or oganazation XIII will get you!)

, Roxas

Article posted May 1, 2008 at 08:24 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 92

HI everyone it is maryAlice I wanted to tell you that I (Have to read this book) That I am going to read to you well not read but tell you about. Well this story is based on a girl how lived in 1687 that is about 300 years ago that is a long time ago! So I will start to tell you about that book. There is a girl named kit how Travled From weathers field to barbados! That is far away thought. And did you know that were Kit came from You are sapose to know how to swim. But at weathers field if you know how to swim that means you are a which and that means that I am a which Then and if you were there that means that you are a which back then. Also Kit lived with her grandpa and he was a rich Man and also. She had about 20 slaves. But her aunt in Barbados Does not have any slaves at all kit was surprised about that and she is having a hard time trying to get you to the style of working in sted of having slaves so all the work.And so far she is not doing that good on working her hands are herating. And that is all I am going to tell you about the book. You have to read it if you want to fine out Well I will tell you more next time Love Maryalice

Article posted May 1, 2008 at 08:22 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 93

Hello life!

I am going to tell you about WOBP ( Witch of Black Bird Pond). I think this book is intresting. It would probably not be my first choice but you might like it. It is about a girl named Kit who goes through a rough patch and has to go at first, secretly go to aunt and uncles house. Kit has just turned 16 and is on her way to America when she meets John Holbrook and Nat!

Some of the Romance in this book so far is

William is building house for Kit

Mercy likes John

Juidith likes John

They all go throught everybody!

Politics

Loyolist Patriots

<-John->

Kit Mathew

Grandpa Family

Bulkley

William

History

Candle

Very Religious

Wooden plates, spoons, cups, bowls, Ect.

I hope you read this book!

Taryn

Article posted May 1, 2008 at 08:16 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 83

the book of the witch of black bird pond has a lot over love in it and not a lot of politcs in it yet but there is going to be a lot my techer send and a lot of history in it and it is a bigggg sail that she has to do and a lot more then that.

Article posted May 6, 2008 at 07:10 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 166

I like this book becuase it has a lot of history.Here is some of that history Thay had to sand there floor and thay have a brick oven and thay had to be on a shipe for 3week's and that was not fun at all.the part that is ok the politics matthy and john holbrick and the Roilest kit and john holbrick.

Article posted May 6, 2008 at 07:21 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 76

Me and my class are reading a book called Witch of Blackbird Pond. It's about a girl from Barbados who moves to Connecticut when her Grandfather dies. There she stayes with her only remaining family, Uncle Matthew, Aunt Rachel, Judith and Mercy. She doesn't like her honme in Connecticut. One Saturday at Meeting, she meets William Ashby. In the book it says, "Kit was startled to meet the unmistakably dazzling gaze of William Ashby. William was speachless."

Back on Barbadoes, Kit was used to living with slaves as a loyalist. Uncle Mathew adn his family are patriots who wish to be free of King James. Kit doesn't feel right untis she meets Hannah Tupper, the Which of blackbird Pond.

When Kit meets Hannah Tupper she thinks that she has a friend. Then one day while in the meadow, she finds young Prudence. Kit finally gets Prudence to comes to Hannah's house.

Meanwhile, Kkit is a romantic love story. Kit kinda likes John Holbrook, the preacher. She kinda likes Nat the sailor and kinka likes William the rich boy. William likes Kit and wants to marry her. Kit doesnt know if she wants to marry William or not.

Judith likes William and John, and Mercy likes John and John likes Mercy. That's most of the romance in the part of the book.

Article posted May 1, 2008 at 08:24 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 72

Hello Everyone! I am here to talk about a Book caled The Witch Of Blackbird Pond. It talks about a girl who after Grandfather dies goes to Conneticut and lives with her Aunt and Uncle. The girls name is Kit and I am listing the Histroy,The Politics and The Romance(Kill Me)

The History: The Book Is takes place in 1687

.They use candles instead of Lights.

.There is no electronics

.The day starts at 5:30 Am

.Works lasts all day

.They use woodden plates

The Politics:

.The politics are Patriot-Loyalist

.Loyalists are People who are loyal to the king

.Patriots Are people who want independence

Now The Romance(Please Kill Me)

It is sort of like a gossip show because it is like this

Kit Flirts with a boy called Nat

Kit tries to flirt with a guy called John Holbrook

Judith(Kits Cousin) Likes William(Rich Boy)

William likes Kit

Kit likes John's voice

And Judith Likes John(OMG)

So This concludes this short sumary of The Book The Witch Of Blackbird Pond.

Sincerely,

Eragon

Article posted May 6, 2008 at 07:31 PM GMT • comment (4) • Reads 77

Hi Everyone!

Here is part two of 4 From the Witch of Blackbird. Things have been been going better for Kit, William has benn calling on her every Saturday night. Calling is like going on a date but like it is at your house in front of everybody. The only wierd thing is that he does'nt really know her he and he is going to ask her to MARRY HER! Judith wants to marry John(The Minister Apprentice) But Then John likes Mercy and Mercy likes him but John as no nerve to ask Mercy. The Patriot-Loyalsit thing is going crazy, Half the town is loyalist and the other Half Patriot. Oh and by the way if you do not go to church you get fined!

Kit met Hannah Tupper(A.K.A The Witch Of Blackpird Pond)

So they are now friends but now in a few chapters bad things Happen!

Sincerely,

Eragon