Copyright (c) 2014 by Scott W Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Scott W -- Blogmeister

5th period Academic Biology

Thoughts and activities here in my Academic Biology, Science for Living and Science 9 classes in a small rural High School in the Weather Capital of the World (Punxsutawney, PA).

by Scott W

teacher: Louise Maine

Today's media seems to be focus around enticing people of all ages to buy certain products. All commercial focus on one particular age group, trying to make the product seem more appealing by showing commercials that are pleasing and exciting to the viewer. Today, I will focus around how commercials try to hook younger children and teens. All children focus on what is considered "cool" and "popular". Therefore, commercials that are intended to entice children use these two ideas as the standing point of their message. The producer utilizes these tactics, saying that their product will make the consumer cool, popular, or have a lot of fun. They hook children through the use of music, friendly people, popular sports, and appealing visual effects. The subject in the commercial is depicted as having fun, making friends, or just being amazed by the product that they are endorsing. The proof behind commercials is that no matter how unsafe, unhealthy, or unappealing the product actually is, the commercials make the product seem like something the viewer would want. So be warned, if you buy something just because the commercials say it is good, you may be throughly disappointed.

Article posted March 14, 2008 at 11:26 AM • comment (3) • Reads 96 • see all articles