Copyright (c) 2014 by Maddison K Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Maddison K -- Blogmeister

5th period Academic Biology

Thoughts and activities here in my Academic Biology, Science for Living and Science 9 classes in a small rural High School in the Weather Capital of the World (Punxsutawney, PA).

by Maddison K

teacher: Louise Maine

I watched commercials on Saturday morning for one hour. I found out that there are more commercials on in the morning than there are during the afternoon and at night. I noticed that there are a lot of music and special effects in the commercials to catch the children’s attention.

Advertisers use words like “best”, “hilarious”, and “fun” to convince the children to pay attention and to get the children to try to buy the product. The commercials are mostly short, but long enough to catch the viewer’s attention. Advertisers try to catch younger kid’s attention so the kids can convince their parents to buy the product. They do this because the kids will nag if they want something bad enough.

Here is the link to my wiki page..

[LINK]

By: Maddison

Let’s see here, quiet, cheaper, and better for the environment or loud, annoying, and bad idea? Let me guess, you picked the quiet, cheaper, and better for the environment choice. It’s shameful to say that most people out of the whole world are driving the loud ones right now. The hybrid cars are more expensive in the beginning but they turn out to be a lot cheaper and successful in the end. It has been estimated that in the U.S. only three out of ten people drive hybrid cars. Auto retailers are not estimating that the price of hybrid cars will go down as they become more plentiful. People need to realize how much of an affect this has on our environment. Regular cars not only pollute the environment but are a threat to global warming as well. So after researching this specific topic I have come to the conclusion that hybrid cars are an all around better idea.

To research more on this topic go to:

[LINK]