Copyright (c) 2014 by Mr. D Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Mr. D -- Blogmeister

-

A cozy little stop where, technology in language arts, history and geography, meld together for Room 301 students at Deer Park.

by Mr. D

Adding Images to Your Page
Use clip art in your blog
What's your Learning Style?
Canadian History Museum
Bubbleshare
Moviemaker
Collaboration Nation-A Middle School Blog
Learning Area 20
Snappoll---create a survey for your blog
Doodle: Easy Scheduling---create a poll for you and your friends
What should I read?---Good site to help you choose a book to read
Concrete Poem creator
Diamante Poem creator

Title: Popular Teen Reads Around the World (05/26/09)
Description: What to read?

Research the following City Public library locations:

1. Toronto
2. New York
3. Vancouver
4. Sydney
5. London
6. City in Europe
7. City in Asia
8. City in South America

You are looking for teen novels.
You are looking for what is popular amongst teens in those libraries.

Once you research this information you are to post this information into your blog with the title of “Popular Teen Reads Around the World”

Our task here is to see what kids are reading around the world. You are not required to write a summary of these books
at this time.

Make sure that your blog makes sense as well. It should not just be an item list.

From looking at library websites on the Internet, I have found the favourite books of teens around the world. When I looked at the Toronto Public Library Website, I found that a favourite book of teens is "Potential: The High School Chronicals of Ariel Schrag" by Ariel Schrag. On the New York Public Library website, many teens recommended the book "Waiting For Normal" by Leslie Connor. In Vancouver, many teens are reading the "Twilight" series, by Stephanie Meyer. I think that this is interesting because it is also very popular here. In Sydney, Australia, a well regarded book that won an Ethel Turner Prize for Young People's Literature was "Two Pearls of Wisdom" by Alison Goodman. In London, many teenagers are reading is a book called "Tangerine" by Edward Bloor. The city in Asia that I chose to find out what kids were reading there was Tokyo. I learned that many teens loved the book Saiyuki Gaden, a manga book. I think that this is cool because the influence that Japan has on us has made manga books popular here. The city that I chose in Europe was Rome, Italy. I learned that the teens there love the Harry Potter books by J.K. Rowling as well. The city in South America that I chose was Sao Paulo. I learned that the kids there like to read English books that have been translated. I learned that they read The Gossip Girl series.

72
81
82
Alumni 08

Locations of visitors to this page You've been marked on my visitor map! Clicky Web Analytics

Clicky

Website Hit Counters
Website Hit Counter