Copyright (c) 2014 by Mrs. Lubich Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister

The 743 Blog Spot

by Mrs. Lubich

Mountain Ridge Home
Dictionary
Language Arts Activities
More LA Activities
Tools Log In
Writing Mysteries
MysteryNet Kids
Nasa: Day of Remembrance
NASA
Write On! Book Reviews
Academy of Achievement
A Poem A Day
Free Rice
The Highwayman
Mrs. Markwart's Class
South Paris Class Chat
Miss Flett's Class
Ms. Durff''s Class
Mr. D's class
Ms. Low's Area 11 Class
Photostory Tutorial
Ms. H's Top Dog Blog
School Tube
Teen Ink
Ms. Fisher's Class
Mr. Ellis' class
Ms. Richardson's Bloggers Blast
Mrs. Smith's Class Blog
The DWMS Blog Spot-Mrs. G
At The Fireplace Blog
Ms. Casey's Class
Mr. Ullrich's Blog
Mr. McCarthy's class blog
Mrs. G's Class
Mrs. B's 5th Grade Class
Mrs. Hill
GREAT READS!!
Mr. G's Class Blog
Landmark for Schools
"The Shadow"
Poetry Wiki
Mr. Mac's Class

Article posted May 19, 2014 at 08:41 AM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 14399

There are two blog posts for you this week. This is the first one!

REVIEW FOR VOCAB FINAL:

1. Pick about 20 words from your vocab & prefix lists that you really need to focus on and study. (You can choose more if you find you need to.)

2. Create a free account on www.quizlet.com . You may either use your email address or mine.

3. When you receive the email saying they’ve created your account, click on their link to then access your account. (If you use my email, I will do that part for you.)

4. Start creating the flashcards. Click on the "Create Set " button at the right, or at the top. Follow the directions listed on their page.

6.To embed on your blog:  Look at the grey "More Tools"  menu option under the blue header at the top of the page. Find "Embed."

7. We are going to embed these in our blogs, so click on the “flashcards” HTML and copy it. Login to your blog, open your “articles,” and paste into the article box. Don’t forget to title the blog, AND request publishing!

8. THEN…. Study!! Play the games. Practice the spelling! Practice testing! Have fun!

Let me know if you need help!

Article posted January 27, 2014 at 09:09 AM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 23079

What a great day! We were all really proud of you. You worked hard! It was very impressive and so fun to watch you all WORK! What do you think of the experience? What did you learn? What would you change if anything? What was the best part?

(Don't forget to come up with an original title for your blog - NOT "International Towne"!!

Article posted December 17, 2013 at 08:25 AM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 141

Be sure you saved your ad as an MP3 file and follow directions to uploading to podbean.

Upload to your blog.

Be sure to give a statement that talks about what kind of feedback you want from your listeners AND the URL of any sites you got sounds or music from.

Article posted December 2, 2013 at 03:36 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 57

I really appreciated the feedback you gave about blogging. Many of you stated that you'd like to have a little choice in what you choose to write for your blogs, so...... here's your opportunity!

Please visit another person's blog and start with one from another class blog. Try Mrs. G's, Ms. Casey's, Mr. Mac's,& Mr. Ullrich's classes, or "At the Fireplace Blog" first. Find something interesting you'd like to write about and again, give credit where you got the idea. If you already have an idea, run with it. You guys had some great ideas in our previous "Blogging" article. However, please look at another blog class blog, & leave some constructive and meaningful comments as well. (You might be suprised what you get back!)

You can write about anything! It can be poetry, nonfiction, etc. You CAN NOT, however, write a summary about your day or week!!!

Article posted November 18, 2013 at 03:02 PM GMT-7 • comment (1) • Reads 62

I saw many things in the news and on several different tv programs in the last few weeks which reminded me even more about things to be thankful for. Since this is the season for giving and thanks, I thought we could stop and think about what we are really thankful for because we don’t always do that. What are you thankful for? Come up with at least three things and explain why you are thankful for them.

Some things that come to my mind are my family, my profession, and my country. I am truly lucky to have both my kids and parents who are healthy and able to do what they want to do in life. I am lucky to be able to enjoy and be with them all the time! I enjoy my job and enjoy those who I work with- both the adults and the kids!(I just can't excape 7th graders!) I am truly blessed to work where I do. I don't know that other professions are as engaging and rewarding as this one! Finally, with all that goes on in our world, I must say that I am so thankful for the country I live in and for those who sacrifice to make and keep our country what it is! Not only do I appreciate those who serve, but the families who miss them are greatly appreciated as well. I can't even imagine the sacrifice for them all.

I’m looking forward to seeing what you are thinking!

Article posted November 11, 2013 at 01:36 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 72

Now that we've spent the last quarter and a half blogging, I'm interested in your thoughts about it.. What do you think? What has been your experience? Has it gone smoothly for you, or have you had problems? Explain. Since we would be writing anyway, what do you think of blogging as writing assignments? Be honest and give constructive feedback! What ideas do you have about we should write about? Check back to see what others have experienced, and do some commenting!

Article posted November 4, 2013 at 07:05 PM GMT-7 • comment (1) • Reads 132

What is the best mystery you've read so far and why? What has the author done well enough for you to claim it as "the best"?

AND THEN... Write a short mystery story starter that you think would make a great mystery.

Article posted October 28, 2013 at 05:11 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 57

There's a lot going on in the World and I know you all have opinions!! SO.... check out the links below and find a current event article which is interesting to you. Give a short summary of what you read and then your opinion with support.

PLEASE copy & paste the URL of the actual article you are referring to so that someone else could go back and read what you did. Don't forget those basic writing rules! :)

http://www.headlinespot.com/for/kids/

http://www.cnn.com/studentnews/

Article posted October 21, 2013 at 02:41 PM GMT-7 • comment (1) • Reads 131

Read a good book lately? What are you reading now? What are you enjoying or disliking about your current book? Don't forget to mention the title and author. I just finished a book called Haymeadow by Gary Paulsen. I've found that I really enjoy Paulsen's booksbecause they are different from what I normally read! Great book!

(Don't forget that this blog is graded and posted ONCE! No fixing this time! That means you MUST do all the checking prior to submitting it for publication!)

Underline book titles in 'graphical' mode.

Article posted October 9, 2013 at 09:29 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 186

We all hear about setting goals, but I’m curious about your thoughts on our speaker from this week, Dain Blanton. What did you think of what he had to say? Did it have an effect on you,or your friends? What was your take away? What did you like or dislike about him? I’m curious to know if there has been an effect or change in you, or your friends.. With that said, what kinds of goals do you have for yourself & what's your plan to acheive them?

Don’t forget a topic sentence with your paragraph! You should address the prompt! Then… check back and respond to some of the posts.

If you were absent, watch the video below and use the info provided to help construct your response.p>

Green 13-14
Orange 13-14
Purple 13-14
Red 13-14
Yellow 13-14

Colorado Springs, CO (80920) Local Weather