Copyright (c) 2014 by Mrs. Lubich Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister

The 743 Blog Spot

by Mrs. Lubich

Mountain Ridge Home
Dictionary
Language Arts Activities
More LA Activities
Tools Log In
Writing Mysteries
MysteryNet Kids
Nasa: Day of Remembrance
NASA
Write On! Book Reviews
Academy of Achievement
A Poem A Day
Free Rice
The Highwayman
Mrs. Markwart's Class
South Paris Class Chat
Miss Flett's Class
Ms. Durff''s Class
Mr. D's class
Ms. Low's Area 11 Class
Photostory Tutorial
Ms. H's Top Dog Blog
School Tube
Teen Ink
Ms. Fisher's Class
Mr. Ellis' class
Ms. Richardson's Bloggers Blast
Mrs. Smith's Class Blog
The DWMS Blog Spot-Mrs. G
At The Fireplace Blog
Ms. Casey's Class
Mr. Ullrich's Blog
Mr. McCarthy's class blog
Mrs. G's Class
Mrs. B's 5th Grade Class
Mrs. Hill
GREAT READS!!
Mr. G's Class Blog
Landmark for Schools
"The Shadow"
Poetry Wiki
Mr. Mac's Class

Article posted April 23, 2012 at 06:41 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 155

Originally, I chose to study Cleopatra because I knew absolutly nothing about her, and now I fell as though I know everything about her! Everything is turning out great! and I am so close to finishing! Just one more week!

Article posted April 25, 2012 at 05:20 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 47

Honestly I'm having a lot of fun with this project. I've learned so much about Aphrodite. My project is coming out great. I am almost finished. I just have to glue everything on. I think I deserve at least a B. I'm pretty confident in my project. I hope you read my project andlearn s much as I did.

Article posted April 29, 2012 at 08:56 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 44

The Huns are really amazing; they’re able to shoot arrows accurately on their horses’ at top speed! These horses are less likely to get sick from harsh weather and find food during the winter. The Huns can even shoot arrows behind them. I'm almost done, all I have to do is finish up the poster. I can’t wait until the World History Fair.

Article posted April 24, 2012 at 07:25 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 44

The world history fair has been a slow process but I’ve found great info on my topic. The 3D part of the project will be the easiest and the descriptions and the coloring and decorations on the display board will be the hardest. My topic created change by increasing trade and showing that other countries can be friendly to each other. I'm excited to see how mine and other peoples display boards look!!

Article posted April 23, 2012 at 03:01 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 42

I found out that some electric car companies were sued by gas companies because they were making less money. My projects coming okay, but ive been absent alot latley it's hard to stay on track. I'm not ready yet, but am working my hardest to get there. My Humanities project is about a typr of gladiator called the Retiarus, (Translates to fish man in English), he fought with a Trident and a Net, and had very little armor. Can't wait for the Humanites World History Fair.

Article posted May 7, 2012 at 01:21 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 41

I think my project is coming along well and I think I am doing good from what my family has told me but they will say anything to make you happy. BUt for the most part it is going well and I have learned a lot about Medusa. Medusa is a very fun thing to learn about and I hope at the world history fair you come and see my project.

Article posted May 6, 2012 at 05:46 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 51

At first I went through a lot of different project topics. But finally I picked ancient Greek houses, which is really cool. It’s coming out good, I finished already though. Well to answer my question I just have to describe the Ancient Greek houses a little and try not to put too much detail. Yes I’m ready for World History Fair!

Article posted May 6, 2012 at 09:22 AM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 35

What Weapons and Armor did the Romans use in The Battle of Ziles?

The Battle of Ziles was known as The Battle of Zela. It took place on August 2, 47 BC in Zile. Zile is now a small hilltop town in the Tokat Province of Northern Turkey.  The Ancient Romans were lead to victory by Julius Caesar.  Rome was one of the most powerful empires of the Ancient world.  Romans built their strong military with courage, duty and honor.  Because the Romans had all kinds of different weapons they could chose what would benefit them most in a battle.  Today, we have the same option, we get to determine what will benefit us more during a war.  Whether is is a rifle or a grenade.  Ancient Romans used quite a few weapons and armor, each battle they had a new type of weapon.  Today we are protected by new and improved weapons.  

This project is coming along well.  I have learned how The Batlle of Ziles was won and how Julius Caesar was involved.  I ended up with a ton of information and I think the hardest part is going to be choosing what I want to talk about.  I feel like it is important for me to discuss the weapons and tactics that were used in The Battle of Ziles.  Julius Caesar made a huge mistake in this battle and it almost costed him his life.  He actually pulled almost all of the soldiers off the front line and sent them to do their everyday things.  The enemy moved in quick and he made a fast decision to get all soldiers back.  It could of gone the other way.   

Article posted April 24, 2012 at 06:17 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 44

My World History Project is going very well. My guiding question is "How did the Romans live in ancient times?" My topic hasn't changed that much but I did learn a lot of interesting facts about ancient Rome. For my project I am making a 3D part of ancient Rome. It is very fun. I baisically have all my research put together and my poster board so I really can't wait till the World History fair

Article posted May 7, 2012 at 02:31 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 43

My project is on Chinese Paper Cutting. Everything came out really great. I did really well with getting all of my information together and on time. I do admit I should,ve started my display board and museum display a bit earlier than I did, but for when I started and the time I completed it all in, I think I did awesome.

Article posted May 6, 2012 at 07:58 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 41

My final project isn't going all that well. So far, my display board and my 3D/2D museum display are just a plan. They are good plans, though. I'm hoping that my project turns out as well in real life as it does in my head.

Article posted April 16, 2012 at 06:02 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 75

My topic changed the entire Mediterranean. It led the world's greatest empire to rise to power. It is the reason that everyone has heard of Rome but few have heard of Carthage. Carthage lost the Punic Wars, which are the foundations of my topic. The whole project has been very interesting, and I look forward to the World History Fair.

Article posted April 17, 2012 at 03:50 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 41

My topic is on assassins in the 1200's and my prodject has been going great! I have gotten most of my papers drafted and I'm working on my museum piece and my display broard will follow.I found out that the pourpose of these assassins was to effectivly change the polotics into there favor.

Article posted April 20, 2012 at 09:38 AM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 61

My topic is on the Sun Temple in Konark, Orissa. This temple has created change because there is a palm-leaf manuscript recording all the details in the building operations. This provides us with information about how some temples could have been built and educates us on architecture because if the temple was build in A.D. 1250, and is still standing today, then there construction must have been really good. I found out a lot on this temple, including that this temple actually existed... :) My final project is coming along well I just have the display board and visual display left to do. This has helped me question about how this temple was different because there were many facts that were really interesting and different from other temples in this temple. I really want to go to Orissa now and see that temple!!

Article posted May 10, 2012 at 08:14 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 37

My world history fair project is going great. It has been a long process, but I have found lots of research for my project. Also, I have decided what my 3D project Is going to be. I can't wait to show my friends.

Article posted April 22, 2012 at 12:02 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 46

After all my research, I've discovered some very interesting bits of information. For quick a quick example: You had to be born into the Samurai class.

With my research done, I need to get my display put together. I hate to admit it but I haven't started that part yet. But, with the hard part done it shouldn't be too bad. I've even been able to figure out the answer to my guiding question. You'll have to see it at the fair, though.

Article posted April 22, 2012 at 02:18 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 43

I am almost ready just a couple of steps. One of those would be mentally preparing because I have to explain my project and be very clear on it so no one gets confused. Putting everything together is one step and that counts for a lot because you want it to be interesting and not something boring that no one wants to hear about. It is all coming together and that always makes me happy.

Article posted April 29, 2012 at 03:48 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 46

My question is How Did Horses Affect History? And so far, I have found lots of answers. I am working on my project currently and am not even close to being done. :-( Sooo I am going to work really hard to make my project EPIC. I even bought glittery horse stickers... hehehee!

Article posted April 20, 2012 at 06:59 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 38

For the world history fair project my topic was "how has the goddess Athena influenced ancient Greece's culture." My research was very hard at the start, but as I looked into the topic a little more, I found a lot of facts. My final display is coming along really well. For my 3D display, I made Athena's shield which has the head of Medusa on it. I am really excited to have everyone see what I have been working on.

Article posted May 7, 2012 at 10:05 AM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 37

My world history project is going alright I guess. I mean im almost done with it so that’s good. I was off to a rough start but I’ve recovered so that’s good. I’m exited for this to just end because I hope Mrs. Gagnon approves of it.

Article posted April 19, 2012 at 04:00 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 43

My topic hasn’t created much change that I know of, besides responsibility. I found out a whole bunch of information that started to make me think about my claim statement. It is going alright so far. I'm far from ready, and nervous!!

Article posted April 24, 2012 at 03:51 PM GMT-7 • comment (1) • Reads 100

For my humanities project I have chosen the Great Wall of China and used the guided question of Why Was The Great Wall of China built? I am super nervous about this assignment as well because I’m not sure how good my board Is, how much of the Information I have Is right, If I have answered my guided question correctly and many other things. one BIG thing for me Is If I will be able to answer people's questions without stammering and stumbling like an Idiot. My project was hard to do (cut myself seven times just trying to make the Great Wall of China model out of foam blocks.) but It's fun and looks way cool.

Article posted April 16, 2012 at 04:32 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 39

For my world history fair I am doing Japanese architecture. At first it was a rough start because I did not exactly have a plan of what I was going to do then... But now,I have got my topic and everything except the board done. MY MUSEUM DISPLAY IS AWESOME!!! And, that's all really there is to my world history fair project, it hasn't been that hard...

Article posted April 17, 2012 at 05:48 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 41

My topic is Hercules A Greek Hero. I found out that Hera put a curse on Hercules when he was a baby. He had a terrible temper. My project is nearly finished! I have my 3d example done and my final history paper. I am so excited!!! I love Hercules because it seems his name is always plural. Just joking he had to do so much incredible stuff it’s amazing he survived.

Article posted May 1, 2012 at 04:05 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 52

For the world history fair project my topic was “The Roman Republic”. My research went very well and was quite easy. I ended up finding tons more than I need. I have completed my fasces and am almost finished with my poster board. I am really excited to have everyone see what I have been working on.

Article posted April 17, 2012 at 03:00 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 42

My topic is: How did Cleopatra live the last years of her life?I found out a little more about her than I knew before.I really didn't learn much more about her because I already knew a lot about her.I am really interested in Ancient Egypt history and leaders and all that other stuff,so that is how I knew a lot about her already.I think that my final project is going really well,it wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be. I finished my board a long time ago, and my research paper. I still have a little way to go,but I think I'm going to be fine.

Article posted April 20, 2012 at 11:26 AM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 41

My project is going well but I have one flaw. thats is probably my display. I have started on making the pieces I need but making a small scale model doesn't seem hard. The poster board is being questioned by me, does your report/essay go on there or do we just rewrite paragraphs?

Article posted April 23, 2012 at 06:13 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 53

The research portion of my project went pretty well, but I haven't actually started board or my visual aid yet. I don't think that part of the project will help me answer my guiding question, but all the research I did helped. I am not ready at all! I'm afraid that I will wait til the last minute to finish the rest of my project as usual!

Article posted April 12, 2012 at 08:51 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 46

My World Histor Fair Project is coming together nicely. I have learned a lot about my topic and doing big projects. One of the things I learned is that it is better to have more research than not enough because when you go to write the research paper, you need all the information you can get! I also learned that Japanese literature is still studied today in many countries. It was hard to answer my guiding question because all the facts you collect during research have to be compiled and put into one answer. It requires a lot of critical thinking. I am almost ready for the World History Fair. Just a few more tweaks, and I should be ready to present!

Article posted May 14, 2012 at 09:32 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 42

I don’t think my topic has created a lot of change in the modern society but it has given me the experience to learn the great pyramids of Giza’s history. I think my project is coming along great. I really don’t have any questions to ask at this point.