Copyright (c) 2014 by Mrs. Lubich Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister

The 743 Blog Spot

by Mrs. Lubich

NASA

Article posted May 15, 2012 at 07:18 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 63

My world history fair topic is Chinese clothing. I learned a lot about how Chinese people, rich and poor, dressed in ancient times. These different social classes had separate styles. I also researched the impact of cotton and silk on China. I really enjoyed studying this topic and I learned so much about traditional Chinese clothing.

Article posted May 15, 2012 at 05:28 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 90

My project is coming along great! I finished all my 3d objects. I learned a lot about Japanese clothing. I am ready for the fair. I think I did a great job and am ready to show it off. Also, I'm excited to see everyone else's projects.

Article posted May 14, 2012 at 09:33 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 115

If we did not have are world history then so many people would not have jobs and we all would not get to learn so many interesting thing. My guiding question was, “How were the pyramids of Giza built?” Well I Learned a lot, but one really cool fact I learned was if you went to the pyramids when they were new then you would see fingers in between the blocks.

Another thing that I learned was there were so many games that people came up with that are still used today in some religions.    

Article posted May 14, 2012 at 09:32 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 53

I don’t think my topic has created a lot of change in the modern society but it has given me the experience to learn the great pyramids of Giza’s history. I think my project is coming along great. I really don’t have any questions to ask at this point.

Article posted May 13, 2012 at 06:23 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 72

My topic for the World History fair is Roman Architecture and my guiding question is how has Roman Architecture changed over time? Well I’m finished with my research and almost finished with my poster board and then I will be finished. I’m almost finished painting it and then all I have to do is paste the facts and other things I need on the board and then I will be completely finished. My mom tells me my board is beautiful but she is also my mother and she tells me things like that to bring make my spirits higher, so I can’t exactly trust her word but I hope it’s as good as she says.

Article posted May 13, 2012 at 02:37 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 50

My topic is the Pantheon of Rome, at first I wanted to do roman architecture but just went with one building. I found out that it is the oldest building in the world and that it had two creators! A man first made it but it was so poorly constructed that emperor Hadrain, had to remake it with concrete. My project is good and I am being very aware of my time. My topic isn’t very broad so it is easy to answer the question. I am almost ready I just have to finish my 3D part.

Article posted May 11, 2012 at 10:02 AM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 48

I found out that Julius Caesar was born around the time of Jesus' death. I also found out that Caesar was stabbed 23 times to his death. My final project is really hard because of the design that I want to use and im quite nervous to see how it turns out. This is going to help me answer my guilding question because my guilding question is "Why did Julius Caeasr want to become a dictator?" and talking about his life I think will help me answer my question. I think im prepared because I have worked very hard and im not going down without a fight!

Article posted May 10, 2012 at 08:14 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 48

My world history fair project is going great. It has been a long process, but I have found lots of research for my project. Also, I have decided what my 3D project Is going to be. I can't wait to show my friends.

Article posted May 10, 2012 at 05:40 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 76

I found out that he had a strange life... My final project came out goofd because I decorated it. I am ready for it

Article posted May 10, 2012 at 02:27 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 61

My World History Fair project is coming along and the fair went well I think. I was happy with my final product. I also thought my 3D part was decent. World history is a fun subject to me and the whole experience with the World History Fair was fun for me! I liked it.

Article posted May 9, 2012 at 03:47 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 71

I found out that the telescope has made many great discoveries. Some deal with the speed of light and others deal with how gravity works.  My final project is coming along very well, I have the 3-D museum display done and am just starting on my research board. My research question was “How has the telescope changed science?” so the discoveries that have been made will show how that telescope has changed science. I am very close to ready for the fair.

Article posted May 9, 2012 at 03:17 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 39

World history definitely impacts the world of today because we look to the past to plan our future. For example, our form of government is a lot like the form of the Roman republic. We base things that we do from the past. I think the most interesting part of the World History Fair project was making the visual representation. It challenged people to make the most creative and interesting things possible.

I learned from one of my fellow 7th graders how Roman aqueducts work. He told me how gravity would push water from a lake, over the aqueducts, into Rome. I found that very interesting. Also, his visual representation helped me understand how the aqueducts were built.

Article posted May 8, 2012 at 07:09 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 55

My project has been going really well. My tri-fold board is very decorative, and has a lot of research that explains waht hieroglyphics are and why they were important, which is my guiding question. I also spent a lot of time on my 3-D display of an Ancient Egyptian tablet. I believe that my reaserch fully answers my guiding question, and I am totally ready for the fair!!! I'm very excited!

Article posted May 7, 2012 at 05:54 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 49

I chose Cleopatra because I think her life was very interesting. Her life is full of so much drama and action. It was cool learning more about her, what she did, who she met, and what happened to her. My project is fairly decent and I think I can pull a solid 'C' on this project.

Article posted May 7, 2012 at 02:31 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 55

My project is on Chinese Paper Cutting. Everything came out really great. I did really well with getting all of my information together and on time. I do admit I should,ve started my display board and museum display a bit earlier than I did, but for when I started and the time I completed it all in, I think I did awesome.

Article posted May 7, 2012 at 01:21 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 53

I think my project is coming along well and I think I am doing good from what my family has told me but they will say anything to make you happy. BUt for the most part it is going well and I have learned a lot about Medusa. Medusa is a very fun thing to learn about and I hope at the world history fair you come and see my project.

Article posted May 7, 2012 at 10:05 AM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 50

My world history project is going alright I guess. I mean im almost done with it so that’s good. I was off to a rough start but I’ve recovered so that’s good. I’m exited for this to just end because I hope Mrs. Gagnon approves of it.

Article posted May 7, 2012 at 06:28 AM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 58

The World History fair experience has been fun. Without world history our world would have no back stories and a lot of mysteries would stay hidden. For example, once discovering the tomb of King Tutankhamun many mysteries were solved. During this project, I based my project on a guiding question. “How did the discovery of King Tutankhamun's tomb affect people throughout the world," was my guiding question for this project. As I said before, once the tomb was discovered we found out how he lived, died, and his history. By knowing this information, it affected many people throughout the world because we learned so much about him. I chose this topic because it was really interesting and I didn't know much about King Tutankhamun. Therefore, started doing research and I found out information to answer my guiding question. I found out that King Tutankhamun took throne at age 8. Before, he took throne; his father changed the religious status and moved the capital. This made many people mad. Since King Tutankhamun was only eight at the time we had advisors help him. They helped him move the capital back and change the religious status back. Later, when King Tutankhamun was 18 he died. For years we thought he died from being murdered. Once we discovered his tomb we discovered that he died from a broken infected leg. This changed how we thought about King Tutankhamun a bunch. The most interesting part about this topic is how he died and the mystery of his tomb.

Once examining other student's projects, I found out that this was a really fair. I mostly learned a bunch on Ancient Greek and Roman because most of the projects were on that topic. I also found out that that other project on King Tutankhamun were cool too. There were many facts that I didn't know about on my own topic. I found out that the Roman Collosseum was held together by wooden sticks. Also I learned that Julius Caesar was stabbed 23 times by his best friend. I think that Cameron's H. project was one of the coolest because it takes serious skill with Popsicle sticks that I do not have. Overall, this experience has been amazing and I enjoyed everyone’s project.

Article posted May 6, 2012 at 09:31 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 62

My guiding question was, "How did the Roman amphitheaters affect the Roman people?"

Well, I have found that the amphitheaters gave Romans a sense of pride. This is so because going to the games meant that their empire was strong, successful, and wealthy. After discovering concrete, the Romans were building amphitheaters all over the vast stretch of the empire. The Romans were also reminded of their proud history of well won battles and glorious victories. The Romans were reminded because occasionally the gladiators would play out scenes from ancient battles just as a reminder. The amphitheater was also adorned with beautiful carvings of the Gods. The spectators paid their respects and there were often human sacrifices. Today Roman amphitheaters don't affect the world as much as they used to, but they are still used as tourism sites and a place to learn about the glory of the Roman Empire and the magnificent amphitheaters.

I learned a lot from other projects, like they used tar in the Babylonian gardens to prevent rot in the structure. I also learned that Romans used quite a few (very interesting looking) tools for farming. Also, that the Retiarii gladiators used nets and tridents as weapons. I believe that people learned a lot from the World History Fair and I look forward to seeing my sister's project next year when she is in seventh grade.

Article posted May 6, 2012 at 07:58 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 56

My final project isn't going all that well. So far, my display board and my 3D/2D museu