Copyright (c) 2014 by Mrs. Lubich Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister

The 743 Blog Spot

by Mrs. Lubich

NASA

Article posted May 15, 2012 at 07:18 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 116

My world history fair topic is Chinese clothing. I learned a lot about how Chinese people, rich and poor, dressed in ancient times. These different social classes had separate styles. I also researched the impact of cotton and silk on China. I really enjoyed studying this topic and I learned so much about traditional Chinese clothing.

Article posted May 15, 2012 at 05:28 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 98

My project is coming along great! I finished all my 3d objects. I learned a lot about Japanese clothing. I am ready for the fair. I think I did a great job and am ready to show it off. Also, I'm excited to see everyone else's projects.

Article posted May 14, 2012 at 09:33 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 124

If we did not have are world history then so many people would not have jobs and we all would not get to learn so many interesting thing. My guiding question was, “How were the pyramids of Giza built?” Well I Learned a lot, but one really cool fact I learned was if you went to the pyramids when they were new then you would see fingers in between the blocks.

Another thing that I learned was there were so many games that people came up with that are still used today in some religions.    

Article posted May 14, 2012 at 09:32 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 55

I don’t think my topic has created a lot of change in the modern society but it has given me the experience to learn the great pyramids of Giza’s history. I think my project is coming along great. I really don’t have any questions to ask at this point.

Article posted May 13, 2012 at 06:23 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 76

My topic for the World History fair is Roman Architecture and my guiding question is how has Roman Architecture changed over time? Well I’m finished with my research and almost finished with my poster board and then I will be finished. I’m almost finished painting it and then all I have to do is paste the facts and other things I need on the board and then I will be completely finished. My mom tells me my board is beautiful but she is also my mother and she tells me things like that to bring make my spirits higher, so I can’t exactly trust her word but I hope it’s as good as she says.

Article posted May 13, 2012 at 02:37 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 52

My topic is the Pantheon of Rome, at first I wanted to do roman architecture but just went with one building. I found out that it is the oldest building in the world and that it had two creators! A man first made it but it was so poorly constructed that emperor Hadrain, had to remake it with concrete. My project is good and I am being very aware of my time. My topic isn’t very broad so it is easy to answer the question. I am almost ready I just have to finish my 3D part.

Article posted May 11, 2012 at 10:02 AM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 50

I found out that Julius Caesar was born around the time of Jesus' death. I also found out that Caesar was stabbed 23 times to his death. My final project is really hard because of the design that I want to use and im quite nervous to see how it turns out. This is going to help me answer my guilding question because my guilding question is "Why did Julius Caeasr want to become a dictator?" and talking about his life I think will help me answer my question. I think im prepared because I have worked very hard and im not going down without a fight!

Article posted May 10, 2012 at 08:14 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 52

My world history fair project is going great. It has been a long process, but I have found lots of research for my project. Also, I have decided what my 3D project Is going to be. I can't wait to show my friends.

Article posted May 10, 2012 at 05:40 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 82

I found out that he had a strange life... My final project came out goofd because I decorated it. I am ready for it

Article posted May 10, 2012 at 02:27 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 63

My World History Fair project is coming along and the fair went well I think. I was happy with my final product. I also thought my 3D part was decent. World history is a fun subject to me and the whole experience with the World History Fair was fun for me! I liked it.

Article posted May 9, 2012 at 03:47 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 76

I found out that the telescope has made many great discoveries. Some deal with the speed of light and others deal with how gravity works.  My final project is coming along very well, I have the 3-D museum display done and am just starting on my research board. My research question was “How has the telescope changed science?” so the discoveries that have been made will show how that telescope has changed science. I am very close to ready for the fair.

Article posted May 9, 2012 at 03:17 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 41

World history definitely impacts the world of today because we look to the past to plan our future. For example, our form of government is a lot like the form of the Roman republic. We base things that we do from the past. I think the most interesting part of the World History Fair project was making the visual representation. It challenged people to make the most creative and interesting things possible.

I learned from one of my fellow 7th graders how Roman aqueducts work. He told me how gravity would push water from a lake, over the aqueducts, into Rome. I found that very interesting. Also, his visual representation helped me understand how the aqueducts were built.

Article posted May 8, 2012 at 07:09 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 57

My project has been going really well. My tri-fold board is very decorative, and has a lot of research that explains waht hieroglyphics are and why they were important, which is my guiding question. I also spent a lot of time on my 3-D display of an Ancient Egyptian tablet. I believe that my reaserch fully answers my guiding question, and I am totally ready for the fair!!! I'm very excited!

Article posted May 7, 2012 at 05:54 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 54

I chose Cleopatra because I think her life was very interesting. Her life is full of so much drama and action. It was cool learning more about her, what she did, who she met, and what happened to her. My project is fairly decent and I think I can pull a solid 'C' on this project.

Article posted May 7, 2012 at 02:31 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 56

My project is on Chinese Paper Cutting. Everything came out really great. I did really well with getting all of my information together and on time. I do admit I should,ve started my display board and museum display a bit earlier than I did, but for when I started and the time I completed it all in, I think I did awesome.

Article posted May 7, 2012 at 01:21 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 56

I think my project is coming along well and I think I am doing good from what my family has told me but they will say anything to make you happy. BUt for the most part it is going well and I have learned a lot about Medusa. Medusa is a very fun thing to learn about and I hope at the world history fair you come and see my project.

Article posted May 7, 2012 at 10:05 AM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 53

My world history project is going alright I guess. I mean im almost done with it so that’s good. I was off to a rough start but I’ve recovered so that’s good. I’m exited for this to just end because I hope Mrs. Gagnon approves of it.