Copyright (c) 2014 by Mrs. Lubich Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister

The 743 Blog Spot

by Mrs. Lubich

NASA

Article posted March 1, 2012 at 03:27 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 81

Blog #0

Wiki Reflection

After completing this assignment I thought it went very well. I thought that it was fun working with new people in our class or in our school. If I could do one thing differently I would have worked harder and tried to get in touch. One way that you and Mrs. G could improve on next year is by paring us up with someone in a different class at our school and someone in Mrs. G’s class so that we can make a friend in our school and someone that is not at our school.

Article posted February 26, 2012 at 07:36 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 35

Now that the Wiki group project is over, I think it  went well. Working in a group this way was sort of fun. Being in a group made it easier to work on the project even when I didn't want to. It made us more productive. The communication in our group wasn't that great but we still got it done. It wasn't good because when I replied to someone's message, they didn't always reply back very quickly. I think one way you could improve the project for next year is making sure all the team members reply quickly.

Article posted February 22, 2012 at 07:47 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 45

The wiki project was cool, but kinda tough sometimes. It was hard dividing work equally and communicating with each other. It seemed like only two of us were really working hard on it. One of our group didn't do much. It was neat getting to meet someone from another state, but next time, I think being in the same room would be nice when doing a group project.

Article posted February 22, 2012 at 04:11 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 64

The Poetry Wiki? Why, I loved it, being able to have access to people not in our state, and being able to record and edit our own video! Did I mention that Lord Byron was, like, infamous, but, like, at the same time, tottally famous?! It. Is. AWWEESSOOMME. I always loved him. The project is very good, no changing! Keep doing it!!

Article posted February 22, 2012 at 04:05 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 58

Our project didn't go too well, we had 4 different videos. I don't think I made myself really involved in the project. I was kinda told that we were doing a poem and my stanza. I did really good on the notes.I think I could have been on more often and helped more on the weekends. We had a ton of facts and a few pictures so I thought the page looked nice. We all could have improved by making more time for the project in class.

Article posted February 21, 2012 at 04:20 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 96

This was a great project but I think that we could of done better than we could have like put some more effort in to it

Article posted February 21, 2012 at 03:52 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 72

I like working on the project and I hope we get to do a project like this, but the things that went wrong with my group was that the people in my group did not do much work, and also they never responded or gave ideas for the poem. But over all I think it went well

Article posted February 2, 2012 at 10:58 AM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 299

What happened with the wiki was that it was hard communicating with people not in the school. It was confusing to find out who was doing which part of the poem to say and finding facts about our poet. But it is possible to get things done if you set your mind to it.

Article posted January 26, 2012 at 05:40 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 53

My experience with the wiki was not good. I found it  inconvenient, frustrating, and hard to use. It took days to make plans with partners, witch involved alot of waiting and wasted time. You couldn't count on your partners to do anything, and if they don't do what they should it effects your grade. Everyone was on at the same time so you couldn't communicate functionaly. I would have rather written all my own work.

Article posted January 20, 2012 at 04:44 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 70

Wiki Reflection

This wiki went really well my group and I had good communication and we all had great work ethics. I liked this project it was fun and challenging at the same time. I loved it so much I really don’t know what you should change I think it was perfect on its own.

Article posted January 17, 2012 at 08:09 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 68

I thought the poetry wiki was pretty fun. It was pretty easy to search information about my poet but it was harder to find poems about him. I think our video was pretty good and it wasn't too hard to put together.

Article posted January 16, 2012 at 09:32 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 72

The wiki went pretty good. I thought it was hard because of the communicating with the group. We were posting on different days. I found that we got confused a lot. This project was hard but we got it done even though there were strugles a long the way.

Article posted January 16, 2012 at 06:20 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 62

I enjoyed the wiki very much. A little more time would suffice though. I thought that the amount of time we had to complete this project was a little harsh. I also understand that we ran all the way up till winter break for this project but instead of letting us have more time after break you should have had us start earlier.

I loved working in a group this way but there were some errors in this process. With my wiki anytime I would try to add something to the wiki it would have deleted everything my group had already accomplished. We had to make a new one and we had to start completely over. If there was a way to fix that I would do that for next year.

I think that when we talk through the blogs on the wiki it was a little weird because of the way we have to type and send and open the new messages. I think that if it were more like when you type something and post it so you can see all the conversations that were going on without having to click and possibly forgetting what the other one said. That way I guess would be like “IMing”.

The thing that went well for my group was the video. Even though I think it sounds weird when all the people talk in it, it still goes smoothly.

All in all I would change a few things but I loved the experience even though there were some rough patches along the way.

Article posted January 12, 2012 at 09:40 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 155

My project went well. I think it could have gone better if there was a better way to communicate. We relied on using the messages used by blogmeister. On the other hand, being in this group has strengthened my communication skills over the internet. I also think that the project overall was very well done and set up. Another thing that was hard was not being able to meet the people face to face. Doing my part was easy; waiting for other people to do their work was hard because it was like waiting on a long car ride not knowing when it's going to end. In conclusion I think you could improve by finding a better or more efficient way to communicate to each other.

Article posted January 12, 2012 at 04:56 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 66

I think that the teachers should have givin one partner, from the same classs they were in, which would make it alot easier to comunicate. Also, I think that the project would have had better grade results if we didn't work with the out of state poeple. They were unable to work at school and most of the time didn't work at home, leaving all the work on the students at MRMS. Next year if I was the teachers I make sure everyone was on the wiki at the same time, so all the teammates would be at the same point in the project.

Article posted January 12, 2012 at 03:39 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 76

I think the wiki went really well! The comunication among our group really did help out with everything. We got along great! Maybe we could've planned a little better, but other than that everything went good. I don't think anything could've went better, for nexts years wiki. :D

Article posted January 12, 2012 at 10:58 AM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 72

The poetry wiki went really well, there was some tuff part, but we finished it. Working in a group that way was hard, because the other person, who went to the other school, was very hard to communicate to, also I didn’t know if he was doing the right things at first. The things we could of have done differently was getting more facts and websites. I thought the video went well; the only thing that went wrong was the other guy didn’t put music. I would of have found more information, because I didn’t thing we had enough facts. For the kids next year, get more books for them.

Article posted January 9, 2012 at 05:09 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 63

Well, this big group project I did with my group, it was pretty fun!! It was really easy to work with a group. One of my people in my group from Mrs. G's class, his name is Stefan. He is easy to get a hold of. My group and I did good together, it was easy to comumicate with my goup because I would message them or on our poet's area. Everything went well, but the video didn't work out as my group wanted it to. There is nothing I would change at all!! To try to get everything done, and get the right amount of things they are supposed to put on the poetry site.

Article posted January 9, 2012 at 04:40 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 52

I felt that working in a group like this is hard. I think that groups just within the school would work better. I liked learning about poetry and poets. I didn't know much about either poetry or poets before this unit. In conclusion, I think I would have rather done the project on my own. Then I don't have to figure out what other people are going to do. I would also not have to spend that much time to make a decision.

Article posted January 8, 2012 at 10:09 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 146

My project went smoothish, but it was also rough. Working in a group this way was fun, but also hard. Most the communication went smooth, but there were some misunderstandings. I think that we could have done our video differently. The things that went well were that we all got along, we got lots of information, and we did our works sited good. I would have started our video sooner and made what stanza I was doing clearer. I would have done everything else the same. I think you could improve this project by maybe giving more time to complete it, but I thought it was lots of fun other then the time limit.

Article posted January 8, 2012 at 05:47 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 56

The project was fun. It was interesting and fun to be able to learn about our poets. The project went well. My group and I got everything accomplished and turned it in on time. The communication was ok. The thing I would probably have done differently was ask to Skype so we could talk together face to face and be working on the project at the same time. The project overall was fun. For next year I think everything should stay the same.

Article posted January 8, 2012 at 02:53 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 44

During this project I was very confused but I still thought that it went ok. Working in a group like we did was the most stressful thing!!! It was hard and confusing! The good thing was that we all new what we were supposed to be doing. However, I wish that we could have worked with our groups in person.

Article posted January 8, 2012 at 01:14 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 54

I think the poetry unit went really well. I liked working in a group because you only had to do part of the work. The communication was effective because we knew what to do and what everyone else was doing. We knew what we were doing and what the others were doing. We could have put more on the main page like a picture of him or our poem.

Article posted January 8, 2012 at 12:58 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 64

I liked working on the poetry wiki because it was a much more fun than having to write a paper. One of my group members didn’t help out, but mrmsquin and I worked well together and we had no disagreements. But, with only two people, working it went slower so we didn’t get everything done as well as we could of. The wikki was easy to make, and so was the video. The hardest part was probably putting the pictures and videos on the wikki. Also, the bibliography got confusing some times, but it was okay. But wikis are definitely much better than writing a paper.

Article posted January 8, 2012 at 07:53 AM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 45

The poetry wiki was really fun but I admit that sometimes I didn't want to go and do the poetry. I thought that it was really cool to be able to talk,communicate, and work with people from Louisiana. I didn't like how you would decide something for the group then a group member just decided something totally different and you can't do what you want to do. For example I told the group six times that I was going to record the first two stanzas of the poem but when I came back the next day a group member had already done it so I ended up doing the middle of the poem. Other than that I thought that the poetry was fun.

Article posted January 5, 2012 at 08:34 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 75

Well I enjoyed this project a lot because we got to connect with students in Louisiana and in different classes. At times it was difficult because we wouldn’t all agree on one thing but eventually we would figure it out. While our communication was good I think that maybe we should have gone on a little more than we all did (including me.) I think that as a group we could have been a little bit more open minded on other people’s ideas. I think that maybe for next year’s seven graders that Mrs. Lubich and Mrs. G that we could have just a bit more time. Other than it was great project.

Article posted January 5, 2012 at 07:43 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 41

The project went very well. We all got our parts done and put together very nicely. We communicated good, I think, but I think we could've got on more often and put in more detail of what each person was supposed to do. We got all the facts and paragraphs together good and the pictures too. We could've found more pictures and gotten a few more poems. We would probably do the timeline and the paragraphs the same, though. Next year, you could make access to the wiki easier and editing to be easier to use to put the page together. You should also let them choose their own names (as long as their approved by you) and easier access to chat.

Article posted January 5, 2012 at 06:59 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 59

I feel this project went really well and smoothly. Sometimes it was difficult working in a group this way because it got frustrating when people would not reply to your messages you sent them. Our communication was effective but what I would have done differently is to only have 2 people in the group because it would be easier to communicate. What went well was the progress of our wiki page the page came along really fast and looked great. I would do our video differently because the music was too loud. Some ways you and Mrs. G could improve this project is by giving kids more time and more through directions.

Article posted January 5, 2012 at 06:34 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 52

Working on the wiki went great. The way it worked in our group was different, because one of our people that was in our group was in Louisiana and was a lot harder that way. The communication in our group was effective. What went well was getting our video done on time. Some things we could have done differently were trying to get more work done everyday that we had the time to do it. Some ways to improve the project for next year’s students is maybe add a thing where it a quote that the poet made at the top under the poet’s name.

Article posted January 5, 2012 at 05:21 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 60

I think the poetry wiki went well! I really like how our group works together well. It was pretty hard since we had people from Louisiana, but , it went alright. I think our communication was great considering it was over the web. We all got on regularly and were able to regularly answer questions of other people.I think we could have done our video first, then so our page. This would of helped us to finish the video faster and finish it all the way.Overall it went well.

Article posted January 2, 2012 at 10:26 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 45

I think that overall the wiki went well. The communication was very difficult though. Our whole group wasn't really communicating in the discussion tab very much. The communication made this project hard, but we got the video finished! It was kind of stressful at the end, but our group got the video done! Yay! I would have gotten the communication thing figured out in the beginning rather than at the end. I think what went well was that everyone contributed to the main page. I think what would make this project better is to make it a requirement to put at least one post on the discussion tab everyday or every other day. This would make the communication easier and make the group work together more.

Article posted January 2, 2012 at 03:10 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 75

I think the wiki went pretty well except for the fact that that the kid from Louisiana did not do almost anything. The communicating was a little bit of a pain too. The reason was because we were in class on different days. That is what I thought about this unit.

Article posted January 1, 2012 at 11:42 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 54

Doing the group project went good but sometimes I don’t like working in groups on the computer because it gets hard to remember to reply back to everyone and be on the same track as them because they might be in different spots then you. Also I don’t like being in groups because when I want a good grade I want to do the project my way to get an A and sometimes when people in the group don’t work that reflects on my grade.

Article posted December 21, 2011 at 08:39 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 44

I think the wiki was ok. It was fun, but hard to communicate. It was also hard with computer problems. Things that went well were designing and writing the page. Next time I would try to communicate maybe not more, but clearer. I think next year it would be easier if there had to be less content on the page.

Article posted December 17, 2011 at 04:45 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 72

I think that the wiki went good.  We got all the requirements done.  Each person in my group contributed to it.  It was a little hard working in a group this way because when people who not go on it would get frustrating. I think that our communication worked great because we all answered and got our parts done. I think that our wiki page went the best. We got our information and pictures of Lord Alfred Tennyson very quickly.  We could have had better communication on our video. Something that you could change for next year would be to let us pick our authors. I think it would be more fun if we learned about someone we wanted to.  

Article posted December 17, 2011 at 09:45 AM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 65

I think the project went well. In groups, it was easier than it would be by yourself. My group could’ve commented more about the poem we were going to use. Though, the video ended up well, we all had our parts included in the video. Next year, the students should be able to either choose their poet that is well-suited to their grade level (no Dr. Seuss).

Article posted December 16, 2011 at 11:39 PM GMT-7 • comment (1) • Reads 60

My poetry wiki went pretty well. We finished our project. I thought that my group communicated pretty well but we could have communicated a lot better. What we could have done differently was spent more time on our video. What we did well was our pictures. I think that we chose really good pictures for our poem. What I think that Mrs. Lubich and Mrs. G shoul do differently next time is giving us more lab days because I felt that we didn't get enough time to do the project.

Article posted December 16, 2011 at 11:23 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 38

I really enjoyed the project overall but it definitely was hard. We had a hard time communicating with each other. I also think it was difficult all agreeing on something. Especially when it came to deciding on a poem for the video but in the end it was easy. I was really scared when it came to recording. I normally hate how I sound in videos and on the phone. One thing I would change was our ways of communication. We should have started a new discussion tab when we got to about 75 discussions. I think Mrs. Lubich and Ms. G did a great job helping us out especially when one of us was having a hard time explaining something, or had troubles moving on. Overall I enjoyed the project and would definitely do it again.

Article posted December 16, 2011 at 08:24 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 98

Our PBMS friend didn't "finish" the video although he was last one on the wiki, this was an impediment in our group. The wiki type of communication was difficult because all of us were logged on at different times so there was a lag. A few things that could be better for next year are that the classes should be assigned a time after school to work on it. That would lessen the complication and create better coordination. I felt a little rushed because of the short time we had to work on it. However, the ease of the wiki edit mode was amazing. I thought it was going to be complicated but the demo surprised me.

Article posted December 16, 2011 at 05:55 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 92

I think that my project could have gone better. I spent too much time trying to cite and collect facts. I spent at least an entire period in the lab doing that and trying to figure out what in the world was I doing. Somewhere along the way my group started getting frustrated with each other (including me) and we ended up in a crunch of time. I think it was a little challenging and frustrating but it was not really that bad working with partners in a group like that. Eventually, we got it done but I was kind of worried we wouldn’t by the end. Knowing what I do now about it, I would have got cracking faster as opposed to sitting there wasting time, trying to make sure I knew what I was doing. I would have formatted the page the same way. I thought that turned out nice. Next year, I think that students might be able to use one or so more class periods in for researching and/or in the lab. I noticed that a lot of people needed to go to the lab during enrichment. I can’t think of any more feedback so that’s my answer and I’m sticking to it.

Article posted December 16, 2011 at 05:49 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 87

Overall, I think me and my group's wiki went very well. At first I thought that things were moving a little slow but we finished our tasks on time with good quality. Working in a group this way was easy most of the time, but barely hard at some points. Mainly the hard part was communicating with each other to which part of the poem we were doing. With all the hard work we had, we did very well in completing our task. I don't think that there was anything that we could have done differently or anything that could be changed for the future of students that are assigned to this task.

Article posted December 16, 2011 at 04:35 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 70

I really liked doing this project, it was kind of fun. I think my partners and I did really well on communicating. It was kind of hard having partners you couldn't communicate next to you, esspecially from other states. I also think it was interessting to get to know a person from out of state. Our project on Ralph Waldo Emerson turned out really good.

Article posted December 16, 2011 at 04:25 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 81

My wiki did not go so well. First, I only had two people from Louisiana in my group and no one else because of a misunderstanding. Also, one person in my group did not do very much. They did not do their part of the video. The other person in my group had trouble getting to a computer. Communicating was harder because it was by writing so your partner might take it the wrong way. This project was different and stressful for me. Something that I would do different is check in everyday with my group mates and ask what they did and what they needed to do. Next year, I would have little due dates during the project, what would have to be done each day and have the teacher check in on the group at the end of the day. I know this would not be realistic because there are so many students. This has been a very interesting experience.

Article posted December 16, 2011 at 04:14 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 52

I thought the poetry wiki was a lot of fun. It was hard to do a timeline without the chart because the computer takes out all the unnecessary space which caused the timelines to squish them together. I also had a hard time with the photo story because I can’t open it up on my computer. We put our work on the page tab. The communication went very well for me. Communicating with each other, finding info, and making the page should stay the same. The one thing that would improve this project for next year is having movie maker and photo story to work on since I didn’t have photo story and it could effect not enabling the teammates to look it over. Overall, it was a lot of fun.

Article posted December 16, 2011 at 03:33 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 89

The project we did was a Poetry Wiki. During this project I experienced a lot. It was really hard to communicate with the people in Louisana and my partner. I learned that I need to say what I want to say without having over 100 discussions on the discussion tabs. Also during this project, our group finished the project! Our photostory really looks good. I just hope

that my partner posted the video on our page. If I were to do this project again I would still work hard and change my poet.Once I do that I would have a different poem and change it up. Overall, I learned a lot about A.A Milne. I loved this project despite it's a little difficult.

Article posted December 16, 2011 at 02:47 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 55

The group went well for the most part.It was sort of fun working in a group this way.The communication in our group was mostly effective.Pretty much everything went well.I think that the deciding on the poem could have gon better though.

Article posted December 16, 2011 at 02:47 PM GMT-7 • comment (1) • Reads 95

I think that working on the Wiki was awesome. Recently I've really enjoyed Laguage Arts because, we've been doing a little less writing and a little more typing. I've also enjoyed learning to use blogs and wikis. Finally, I enjoyed the change of scenery. instead of working in the same classroom day after day, we got to got to the South Computer Lab. It may not be a terribly important but it was refreshing.

I'm looking forward to another great quarter of Language Arts!!!

Article posted December 16, 2011 at 02:44 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 88

I think this project went well but it was very stressful at some points. Such as the discussion beacuase we didn't know who was on at what time and there was so many discussion tabs we had to look at every conversation to make sure we didn't miss something. This was also hard because our groups were not in our classes and weren't in our state. My poet was also hard to find information on but we found some=http://!! Ther communication wasn't as easy as i thought but it wasn't as hard either I guess I could say it was in the middle.

Article posted December 16, 2011 at 02:43 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 83

I think that our poetry unit was kind of fun. It was hard though. Our group finished on the last day. Our poetry guy was Edgar Allan Poe. Our group worked pretty well with each other. That was the first time working like that with a wiki and stuff. What I would do the same is probbly communicate.

Article posted December 16, 2011 at 02:40 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 60

My wiki was pretty good I guess. I mean we got the wiki done which is good. I mean the communication messed up when we messed up the video but we got it done. One thing I would do different next time is clarify who was doing what on the video. One thing I would suggest for next year’s kids is give a little bit more time

Article posted December 16, 2011 at 02:36 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 123

I think this assignment was fun, but it was stressful because we had to work together to get evrything done. It was fun because we made of video out of a poem and the author.

Article posted December 16, 2011 at 02:30 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 82

The project went really well I think. Working in just computer commnutications were kinda tricky than just talking to them in person. I think we could've all disscussed which pictures we are doing for what part would've helped also choosing the music together.The whole video together went well,the pictures to it's phrases went well too. For next years students I think that you guys should probably do nothing different I think the way you guys have it going is just fine.

Article posted December 16, 2011 at 02:30 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 80

The poetry project was very challenging. The project went good for the most part, except for a couple of errors in communication. I was very hard working in a group over a computer. I definitely wouldn’t want to that again. Most of the communication in my group went well. The only problem we had with communication was with the photo story project. One thing that turned out really well was the wiki page. We all worked together and made a great page full of information. One thing I would have done differently is communicate better on the photo story, so that I wouldn’t have had to redo mine.

Article posted December 16, 2011 at 02:23 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 41

My project started out going good. Everyone knew their part for the poem video, and everyone contributed to the page. But there was a miscommunication, and at the last minute we changed the poem when most of us were already almost finished on their part of the video. I had to rush on the last day to put together a different part, and a different poem. If I ever did this project again I would make sure to communicate better, and to make things clearer. I think if you do this project next year you should give the students a little more time, and make the project clearer when you explain it because for a while I was very confused on what to do.

Article posted December 16, 2011 at 02:17 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 43