Copyright (c) 2014 by Mrs. Lubich Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister

The 743 Blog Spot

by Mrs. Lubich

Mountain Ridge Home
Dictionary
Language Arts Activities
More LA Activities
Tools Log In
Writing Mysteries
MysteryNet Kids
Nasa: Day of Remembrance
NASA
Write On! Book Reviews
Academy of Achievement
A Poem A Day
Free Rice
The Highwayman
Mrs. Markwart's Class
South Paris Class Chat
Miss Flett's Class
Ms. Durff''s Class
Mr. D's class
Ms. Low's Area 11 Class
Photostory Tutorial
Ms. H's Top Dog Blog
School Tube
Teen Ink
Ms. Fisher's Class
Mr. Ellis' class
Ms. Richardson's Bloggers Blast
Mrs. Smith's Class Blog
The DWMS Blog Spot-Mrs. G
At The Fireplace Blog
Ms. Casey's Class
Mr. Ullrich's Blog
Mr. McCarthy's class blog
Mrs. G's Class
Mrs. B's 5th Grade Class
Mrs. Hill
GREAT READS!!
Mr. G's Class Blog
Landmark for Schools
"The Shadow"
Poetry Wiki
Mr. Mac's Class

Article posted February 2, 2012 at 10:58 AM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 108

What happened with the wiki was that it was hard communicating with people not in the school. It was confusing to find out who was doing which part of the poem to say and finding facts about our poet. But it is possible to get things done if you set your mind to it.

Article posted January 8, 2012 at 12:58 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 41

I liked working on the poetry wiki because it was a much more fun than having to write a paper. One of my group members didn’t help out, but mrmsquin and I worked well together and we had no disagreements. But, with only two people, working it went slower so we didn’t get everything done as well as we could of. The wikki was easy to make, and so was the video. The hardest part was probably putting the pictures and videos on the wikki. Also, the bibliography got confusing some times, but it was okay. But wikis are definitely much better than writing a paper.

Article posted December 15, 2011 at 08:52 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 46

The wiki went well. I personally found it hard. It was hard because we were communicating on different days. I found that we were confused a lot. This project was very difficult. We got it finished… We just had some trouble.

Article posted February 21, 2012 at 04:20 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 46

This was a great project but I think that we could of done better than we could have like put some more effort in to it

Article posted December 16, 2011 at 04:14 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 39

I thought the poetry wiki was a lot of fun. It was hard to do a timeline without the chart because the computer takes out all the unnecessary space which caused the timelines to squish them together. I also had a hard time with the photo story because I can’t open it up on my computer. We put our work on the page tab. The communication went very well for me. Communicating with each other, finding info, and making the page should stay the same. The one thing that would improve this project for next year is having movie maker and photo story to work on since I didn’t have photo story and it could effect not enabling the teammates to look it over. Overall, it was a lot of fun.

Article posted December 16, 2011 at 10:28 AM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 41

We got it done! It was stressful and the communication was slow and hard but we got it done. It was fun communicating to a person in Louisiana. I also, had fun using the wiki and how easy it was to communicate.

Article posted December 15, 2011 at 04:15 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 40

I didn’t like working in a group. I felt like we were not that coordinated and did not communicate that well. For example we decided on a poem when there was a week left and ran into some technical errors with the computer. If I could change something I would do the movie and pictures. We failed at getting and citing pictures despite the fact we posted messages to do that two weeks before the end.

Article posted December 16, 2011 at 08:52 AM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 79

My Wiki went well, but, there were difficulties. I think we were given too little time to complete the wiki and I barely scraped by. I like my teammates and noticed we work well together. Our communicatio was okay, but, I could approve on my part of it. We did a very good job in organising the Wiki. I would have installed a spellcheck on it next time, when I checked spelling maually, there were more mistakes than  would have thought. To improve for next year, I recommend having more time, and spellcheck in the wiki editor.

Article posted January 12, 2012 at 10:58 AM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 41

The poetry wiki went really well, there was some tuff part, but we finished it. Working in a group that way was hard, because the other person, who went to the other school, was very hard to communicate to, also I didn’t know if he was doing the right things at first. The things we could of have done differently was getting more facts and websites. I thought the video went well; the only thing that went wrong was the other guy didn’t put music. I would of have found more information, because I didn’t thing we had enough facts. For the kids next year, get more books for them.

Article posted December 16, 2011 at 04:35 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 46

I really liked doing this project, it was kind of fun. I think my partners and I did really well on communicating. It was kind of hard having partners you couldn't communicate next to you, esspecially from other states. I also think it was interessting to get to know a person from out of state. Our project on Ralph Waldo Emerson turned out really good.

Article posted January 12, 2012 at 03:39 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 46

I think the wiki went really well! The comunication among our group really did help out with everything. We got along great! Maybe we could've planned a little better, but other than that everything went good. I don't think anything could've went better, for nexts years wiki. :D

Article posted December 16, 2011 at 09:11 AM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 38

I kind of liked this blogging experience. Sure I didn't get all my blogs in and now I am likely to get a bad grade, but I liked it. My favorite was probably the first one, "7 Random Facts". I also liked the one where we explained our favorite mysteries. My least favorite is definitely the Rachel's Challenge one. I hope we will do this again next semester.

Article posted January 9, 2012 at 04:40 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 39

I felt that working in a group like this is hard. I think that groups just within the school would work better. I liked learning about poetry and poets. I didn't know much about either poetry or poets before this unit. In conclusion, I think I would have rather done the project on my own. Then I don't have to figure out what other people are going to do. I would also not have to spend that much time to make a decision.

Article posted December 15, 2011 at 05:52 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 70

This was one of the most stressful projects I have done all year. That's all there is to it. The fact that we had to complete a project in a group comprised of people we never get to see is extremely difficult. On top of that, the actual wiki was extremely hard to work with. After Friday, I will probably try my best to avoid Wikispaces for the rest of forever. I spent two straight hours working on something that I now have to delete and start over. So yeah, it's been great.

Article posted December 15, 2011 at 05:34 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 43

I think this poetry wiki was a totaly difforent experience. I would like more time to do my work but other than that I can't think of any thing else.

Article posted December 15, 2011 at 09:55 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 47

My group did pretty well on our wiki page and we did and AMAZING job of communicating and over all it went well with splitting the work up. It was a good opportunity for us to learn how to communicate when they aren't right next to you!! Our communication was very effective because we knew EXACTLY what everyone was supposed to do and there was no confusion. As a difference, I think we could have added a little bit more information rather than focusing on the format. The only feedback that I would give is to spend a little more time on the wiki and please explain the wiki a little more detailed to start with!!!

Article posted February 22, 2012 at 07:47 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 38

The wiki project was cool, but kinda tough sometimes. It was hard dividing work equally and communicating with each other. It seemed like only two of us were really working hard on it. One of our group didn't do much. It was neat getting to meet someone from another state, but next time, I think being in the same room would be nice when doing a group project.

Article posted December 16, 2011 at 02:30 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 48

The poetry project was very challenging. The project went good for the most part, except for a couple of errors in communication. I was very hard working in a group over a computer. I definitely wouldn’t want to that again. Most of the communication in my group went well. The only problem we had with communication was with the photo story project. One thing that turned out really well was the wiki page. We all worked together and made a great page full of information. One thing I would have done differently is communicate better on the photo story, so that I wouldn’t have had to redo mine.

Article posted December 16, 2011 at 02:47 PM GMT-7 • comment (1) • Reads 44

I think that working on the Wiki was awesome. Recently I've really enjoyed Laguage Arts because, we've been doing a little less writing and a little more typing. I've also enjoyed learning to use blogs and wikis. Finally, I enjoyed the change of scenery. instead of working in the same classroom day after day, we got to got to the South Computer Lab. It may not be a terribly important but it was refreshing.

I'm looking forward to another great quarter of Language Arts!!!

Article posted December 16, 2011 at 02:44 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 48

I think this project went well but it was very stressful at some points. Such as the discussion beacuase we didn't know who was on at what time and there was so many discussion tabs we had to look at every conversation to make sure we didn't miss something. This was also hard because our groups were not in our classes and weren't in our state. My poet was also hard to find information on but we found some=http://!! Ther communication wasn't as easy as i thought but it wasn't as hard either I guess I could say it was in the middle.

Article posted December 16, 2011 at 01:43 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 38

The wiki was pretty cool to make and an easy project. I liked making the video and finding the pictures for it. It was cool that someone from Louisiana was able to help us students in Colorado create the website. The one thing I didn't like about making the wiki is being the computer all the time. It would have been better if we came to the lab every other day. That is my thought on the Poetry Wiki.

Article posted December 16, 2011 at 02:23 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 40

My project started out going good. Everyone knew their part for the poem video, and everyone contributed to the page. But there was a miscommunication, and at the last minute we changed the poem when most of us were already almost finished on their part of the video. I had to rush on the last day to put together a different part, and a different poem. If I ever did this project again I would make sure to communicate better, and to make things clearer. I think if you do this project next year you should give the students a little more time, and make the project clearer when you explain it because for a while I was very confused on what to do.

Article posted December 16, 2011 at 02:40 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 45

My wiki was pretty good I guess. I mean we got the wiki done which is good. I mean the communication messed up when we messed up the video but we got it done. One thing I would do different next time is clarify who was doing what on the video. One thing I would suggest for next year’s kids is give a little bit more time

Article posted December 16, 2011 at 02:43 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 47

I think that our poetry unit was kind of fun. It was hard though. Our group finished on the last day. Our poetry guy was Edgar Allan Poe. Our group worked pretty well with each other. That was the first time working like that with a wiki and stuff. What I would do the same is probbly communicate.

Article posted December 16, 2011 at 02:16 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 47

I think the project went really well. I found it kind of challenging since we couldn’t actually interact with each other. At first we did not communicate very well, closer to the end we started talking MUCH more! It still worked out very well. I thought it was fun that the teachers planned to do this project. Connecting with other people virtually to get a grade was really an experience. I think you guys should do the same thing next year. I find no improvements needed!

Article posted December 16, 2011 at 01:29 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 40

I have some what enjoyed the poetrry wiki. It was a good experience until we really had to start rushing and finishing. The communication has been kind of challenging because one of the people in my group thought we were supposed to write and read facts about the poem instead of read the actual poem. The part that went well was recording and finding pictures. I was the first to finish all of my work. The next year thing that I woulf change is the time limit. Ms=ake it longer.

Article posted December 16, 2011 at 02:36 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 72

I think this assignment was fun, but it was stressful because we had to work together to get evrything done. It was fun because we made of video out of a poem and the author.

Article posted December 16, 2011 at 10:10 AM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 42

I think the group project went very good. It was very fun to be working with kids in a different state. The communication in our group was very good. The finding and citing the websites went very smoothly. I think for the project to go more smoothly if we were in the same time period like if there was a 2 hour difference you could go on t 4 here and 2 there so they would be

Article posted December 16, 2011 at 02:17 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 38

The wiki thing was fun and irritating but it was challenging. Me and my partners had a hard time doing all your parts the write way but we did it and I like it. I think that the teachers have nothing to change at all. I also like how we had to make a website.

Article posted December 15, 2011 at 05:45 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 47

I guess this was fun, with the commenting and all; it was sort of stressful too, because we had a short time to do it, but I had good team mates, and we all worked pretty well together. The honest truth, I had a little trouble because I was asking questions, and I wasn't getting many answers, and we couldn't decide what poem to do for a while, so I guess our communication was a little off, but besides that, we did really well, and it was definitely better than class work.

Article posted December 15, 2011 at 03:57 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 43

The poetry wiki wasn’t so bad. We got everything finished so it went well. Working in a group and only having the wiki to communicate wasn’t so bad. I’d say that the communication went well. Having 160 discussions certainly helps. All of it really went well, we had an unexpected error with the photostory but other than that it was good. If I had to do it all over again I would keep it the same, because it went well.

Article posted December 16, 2011 at 02:47 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 41

The group went well for the most part.It was sort of fun working in a group this way.The communication in our group was mostly effective.Pretty much everything went well.I think that the deciding on the poem could have gon better though.

Article posted December 15, 2011 at 05:38 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 45

I think my project did not go well. I did not like working in a group. The communication in my group was not effective I could have said “Hey look at me and listen”. Nothing went well and I could work more productively. You could give the students more time. Also that the people from the other state could be nicer and NOT freak out.

Article posted December 16, 2011 at 02:12 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 46

Overall, I thought that this project was really fun. I've never done a project like this one before. Working in a group this way was interesting. The communication in our group was pretty effective. It all worked out, except for the recording part. Getting all of the information on the wiki went well. That was the easiest part for us. The things we could have done differently were starting the recording earlier and deciding who is going to do what earlier than we did. Next year, I think you and Mrs, G should give us more time to work on our wikis. The whole project seemed rushed to me. Maybe that will help next year's students.

Article posted December 16, 2011 at 11:05 AM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 41

I really enjoyed the poetry unit because of the group work. The group was dedicated and hard working. However, the communication was lacking when we got to the video. It was not as stressful as I thought it was going to be considering the time we had to complete the project. It was a good learning experience!

Article posted March 1, 2012 at 03:27 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 49

Blog #0

Wiki Reflection

After completing this assignment I thought it went very well. I thought that it was fun working with new people in our class or in our school. If I could do one thing differently I would have worked harder and tried to get in touch. One way that you and Mrs. G could improve on next year is by paring us up with someone in a different class at our school and someone in Mrs. G’s class so that we can make a friend in our school and someone that is not at our school.

Article posted December 15, 2011 at 09:25 AM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 40

This was a fun thing to do. I liked working with other kids that I don't really know. The video turned out to be really nice. I also liked how the webpage looks cool. It looks like there were a lot of things that went well during this. The only thing that I would have the teachers improve on is maby trying to add more time to work on the wiki. Other than that I think it went really well.

Article posted January 2, 2012 at 10:26 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 41

I think that overall the wiki went well. The communication was very difficult though. Our whole group wasn't really communicating in the discussion tab very much. The communication made this project hard, but we got the video finished! It was kind of stressful at the end, but our group got the video done! Yay! I would have gotten the communication thing figured out in the beginning rather than at the end. I think what went well was that everyone contributed to the main page. I think what would make this project better is to make it a requirement to put at least one post on the discussion tab everyday or every other day. This would make the communication easier and make the group work together more.

Article posted December 15, 2011 at 07:13 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 42

My wiki page and video went pretty well, but we had some hard times. I think that it was a lot of fun working in a group this way. The communication in our group was effective at some times, but also not because when it was effective we knew what we were doing then when it wasn’t effective then we all got confused. We definitely had some things that we could of done different like maybe sometimes understanding each other a few times, we could of planned to get on the wiki page at the same time over the weekend, and we probably should of started our video earlier because we were all kind of in panic mode the last few days. Some things that went well were that we started on our wiki page early and our research, some of our communication went well, and everything turned out great! Also, we could keep the same working on things early so we were not behind. I think that you and Mrs. G next year can maybe start on this a little earlier because a lot of people were panicking because they didn’t think that they could finish it in time. Also, maybe have Mrs. G’s students get on the computer more at school and if they can’t at school then at home every night because my partner was like never on and did not do much with this project. Other than that it was a lot of fun and an interesting project!

Article posted December 16, 2011 at 05:49 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 48

Overall, I think me and my group's wiki went very well. At first I thought that things were moving a little slow but we finished our tasks on time with good quality. Working in a group this way was easy most of the time, but barely hard at some points. Mainly the hard part was communicating with each other to which part of the poem we were doing. With all the hard work we had, we did very well in completing our task. I don't think that there was anything that we could have done differently or anything that could be changed for the future of students that are assigned to this task.

Article posted February 26, 2012 at 07:36 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 33

Now that the Wiki group project is over, I think it  went well. Working in a group this way was sort of fun. Being in a group made it easier to work on the project even when I didn't want to. It made us more productive. The communication in our group wasn't that great but we still got it done. It wasn't good because when I replied to someone's message, they didn't always reply back very quickly. I think one way you could improve the project for next year is making sure all the team members reply quickly.

Article posted January 12, 2012 at 09:40 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 95

My project went well. I think it could have gone better if there was a better way to communicate. We relied on using the messages used by blogmeister. On the other hand, being in this group has strengthened my communication skills over the internet. I also think that the project overall was very well done and set up. Another thing that was hard was not being able to meet the people face to face. Doing my part was easy; waiting for other people to do their work was hard because it was like waiting on a long car ride not knowing when it's going to end. In conclusion I think you could improve by finding a better or more efficient way to communicate to each other.

Article posted December 15, 2011 at 04:13 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 49

I think our poetry wiki went pretty well. I thought it was kinda cool working with someone from a different state, even though we didn’t meet them I think you can learn a lot about them just by their work ethic. I think we were to not worried about getting the video done though we should have been. Our video was done in like the last four or five days. The thing that went the best for our group was the facts and all the information. I think that if I did this project again that I would have planned more in advance for the video. Mrs.G and Mrs. Lubich could maybe give the students next year more time to work on the wiki.

Article posted January 16, 2012 at 06:20 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 39