Copyright (c) 2014 by PRVI Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
PRVI -- Blogmeister

PRVI-

by PRVI teacher: Rye 8th Team

Letter to Sister

Dear Sister,

In math class I learned how do a lot. We have done a lot with number sentences like order of operations and how to make equations replacing numbers with letters. The other thing we learned was probability.

I learned how to do algebra by taking shape patterns and number sequences and finding a equation using N and T. An example would be T=6xN+1. I also learned how to add exponents to the equation. For example you could take the 6 and make it 6 to the 2nd power.

We also learned probability. We learned how to pick cubes out of a bag. We learned how to figure out theoretical probability and how to make a frequency table. The problems we did gave us the amount of items and we had to calculate what the probability that each category.

The last thing we learned was order of operations we learned how to use brackets and parenthesis and exponents. I think the order of operations should really be pemdas because you do brackets before multiplication and division. I hope you understand the explanations I have given you.

Sincerely,
GRKE
Article posted October 28, 2009 at 07:25 AM • comment (1) • Reads 39 • Return to Blog List

wow thank you for that lovely letter GRKE!
I love you too
Posted December 22, 2009 at 07:27 AM by • grco