Copyright (c) 2014 by ISMA Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
ISMA -- Blogmeister

ISMA-

by ISMA teacher: Rye 8th Team

Dear Mom, In math class we have learned a lot from module one in the math books, and now I am going to teach you some things I've learned. I have picked three topics that I liked more than some, but they are all pretty good. The first topic that I liked was probability. Say that there were ten marbles in a bag, and there were four different colored marbles. There were six white marbles, two red marbles, one black marble, and one blue marble. A question could be... What is the probability of picking a red marble? The answer would be...2/10 of a chance of picking a red marble. Ms. Harte did something with us like that, but she used names on pieces of paper and different colored cubes. Another topic that we learned, and or practiced was the order of operations. I liked that because it was fun to multiply, divide, add, and subtract. We used PEMDAS to help us remember it a little better. P is for parenthesis...E is for exponents...M is for multiplication...D is for division...A is for addition...and S is for subtraction. An example would be......4 x (3 + 8) – 5 = 39. Parenthesis comes first, exponents comes second, multiplication and division...you do it from left to right, and addition and subtraction comes from left to right. We also worked on algebra, I liked that because it was fun to learn and do. An example for the algebra would be...T=4N + 6. The T is the term, the 4n is how term numbers, so the term number four times, and then plus six. These are some topics from module one that I liked. And hopefully I can teach you. Sincerely, WJAU

Article posted October 28, 2009 at 07:23 AM • comment (1) • Reads 46 • Return to Blog List

Very interesting. It's all coming back to me!
Posted November 9, 2009 at 06:43 PM by • mom of wjau