PRSA-

by teacher: Rye Alumni

Module One
Dear parents, 10/22/09

In math we are learning to do a lot of things. Some things are totally new and other things I know most about. Some of my favorite things that we learned are line graphs, bar graphs, and order of operations. Some of my least favorite things are probability, and volume of a cube.
My favorite thing about a line graph was taking it from a frequency table and then making a graph out of it. We graphed a lot of things that were in out math books, but some things were not in our books. We learned about bar graphs at the same time that we were learning about line graphs too. The bar graphs were almost the same as the line graphs only instead of using a dot you use bars
Another one of my favorite things was order of operations. The order of operations is P.E.M.D.A.S. It stands for Parentheses, Exponents, Multiplication, Division, Addition, Subtraction. For example (2+4) x 300- 250+ 80, you would first do 2+4 because it is in parentheses. Second since there is no exponents you would do the multiplication or division which would be the x300. Lastly you would do addition or subtraction so -250 or +80. That is the Order of Operations.
I liked almost everything that we did in math class but some things I did not like. One of them was the number tricks. I thought that they were kind of hard at first, but then I began to understand them more. Once I started to understand them then I liked them a little more. I also think that I didn't like then because it seemed like we stayed on that subject for a while (but we really didn't).
So far we have learned a lot of things in module one in math class. Some things were totally new and other things we just reviewed. Most of the things were fun like PEMDAS, and the line and bar graphs. Thank you for reading what I have learned in Module one in math class!

Sincerely,
LHAL
Article posted October 26, 2009 at 07:53 AM • comment (1) • Reads 48 • Return to Blog List

You did a good job on spelling. I think that he way you wrote it wasn't entirely smooth, but you did a good job of telling what you thought.
Posted January 22, 2010 at 09:21 AM by • lrtu