Copyright (c) 2014 by J Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
J -- Blogmeister

2009-2010

by J

teacher: Mr. Edwards

When I went to the Mill, I definitely liked the fourth floor the best because it was the most interesting. The reason it was interesting was it told more about that timeperiod. They took their baths in the kitchen! It was definitely a harder life.

If I were in that life, it would be really hard. I would pull through though. It might be fun to sew, that’s one thing. Did you know that if one person outgrew their clothes, they passed them down and down and down until there were no more kids to pass them down to. Then they would tear up the cloth and use it around the house. For example they made washcloths and dishrags out of the clothes. It was a way different life from ours!

Article posted October 17, 2009 at 01:15 PM • comment (1) • Reads 61 • Return to Blog List

The Mill sounds great and very ineresting! Wish I had been there -
Posted November 30, 2009 at 07:27 PM by • Barb