Copyright (c) 2014 by ARRO Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
ARRO -- Blogmeister

ARRO

Class of 2012-2013

by ARRO

teacher: Rye 8th Team

Planets in SPACE!
Planets:
Did you know that in B.C. times the people called the planets wandering stars because they moved? You may have also not known that that Venus is out in the evening and in the morning that's why it is also called the evening star. There is also a saying to help remember the order of the planets.
Many - Mercury
Very – Venus
Early - Earth
Men - Mars
Ate – Asteroid Belt
Juicy - Jupiter
Steaks - Saturn
Using - Uranus
Nothing - Neptune

Distances:
All of the planets that are close to the sun are all clumped together and the ones farther away are spread out more. Did you know that Pluto is actually much closer to Neptune than you think. Pluto is only about 9 Au's away, which is still far but close for space. People think Pluto may have been one of Neptune's moons at one point and then went off on its own some how. Au's are a distance scientists and astronomers made up, Au's are the distance between Earth and the Sun.

Sizes:
Article posted September 24, 2009 at 09:41 AM • comment • Reads 52 • Return to Blog List