Copyright (c) 2014 by MJDA Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
MJDA -- Blogmeister

MJDA

Class of 2012-2013

by MJDA

teacher: Rye 8th Team

Planets-
No planet is alike each other. They all have there uniqueness. Like Saturn has its rings and Jupiter has its big storm on it called the red dot. Some of the planets are different colors too. Like Uranus and Neptune are blue. Planets can be red, blue, and white. Also when you look up into the sky, you sometimes see a star in the sky and the next night its not there. That's because its a wondering star better known as a planet. The most common one is Venus.
Distances-
The planets are close and far away from the Sun. The closest one it Mercury. The furthest one is Neptune. Now your probably wondering why it's not Pluto,well to tell you the truth, Pluto is not a planet anymore. I know, it's sad. Now let me give you a list so you know how close and far away the planets are.

Mercury- .4AU
Venus- .7AU
Earth- 1AU
Mars- 1.5AU
Jupiter- 5.2AU
Saturn- 9.5AU
Uranus- 10.2AU
Neptune- 30.1AU
Pluto- 39.5AU (Not a Planet)
Sizes-
The planets are all different sizes. For instance, Jupiter is thhe largest planet, and Mercury is the smallest. Now your probably wondering, why isn't Pluto the smallest planet. Well to tell you the truth, Pluto is not a planet anymore. Scientists say it drifted to far out of our solar system. So now we just call Pluto a dwarf planet.
Measurements-
We used lot of mesurements when we were working with the planets. But the most we used were lightyears and AUs. We used lightyears for measuring the distance of the stars and how long it takes for the light of the stars to get to us, and we used AUs to tell the distance of the planets. An AU is how far a planet is form the sun. Here are all the planets and their AU's.

Mercury-0.4
Venus-0.7
Earth-1.0
Mars-1.5
Jupiter-5.2
Saturn-9.5
Unanus-19.2
Neptune-30.1
Pluto-39.5
Article posted September 24, 2009 at 09:41 AM • comment • Reads 50 • Return to Blog List