Copyright (c) 2014 by BRSA Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
BRSA -- Blogmeister

BRSA

Class of 2012-2013

by BRSA

teacher: Rye 8th Team

Well some people thought the earth was flat but it's round because when they watched the ships sailing they never fell off the earth they just disappeared in the horizon. Our closest star is the sun. Earth is the center of the universe people used to think that the sun was the the center but its not. Kepler = planets go around the sun. The fastest thing is light speed. The sun is about 8 1/3 miles away. Sadly stars don't twinkle its the air that makes them look like they are twinkling. Everyone thinks that the stars are moving but its actually the earth that is moving. Planets that move is called wandering stars. Venus is called the evening star. The sun goes from east to west. We have recently been learning about the distances between the planets and the sun and how far away they are.
Article posted September 24, 2009 at 08:51 AM • comment • Reads 621 • Return to Blog List