Copyright (c) 2014 by Elise Mueller Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Elise Mueller -- Blogmeister

Our Wonderful Blog!

by Elise Mueller

Good Advice on How to Comment
Portable C Wiki
Acceptable Use/Parent Form
How to use Blogmeister
4/5 Blog from Maine
Internet Safety
Room 2 Dragons
Top Dogs
Science, Technology, Reading Academy in Duluth, MN
THE RINGLER FAMILY Travel Blog
Larrabee del.icio.us
Pudong, China 5th Grade

Summer!

The end of the year was, as usual, a whirlwind. From the many field trips (WWU gardens, Fairhaven Park, Cornet Bay) to the many activities and assemblies things were just busy, busy, busy. Now, the days are slow and I find myself amused by what I choose to focus on outside of the classroom. Things I have learned since school ended on the 18th: >How to make ricotta cheese! Not very difficult and it tastes just divine. I don't think I will ever buy mass produced ricotta again. >How to trade stocks online. No phone calls, just click and trade. Scary at first but I am warming up to this. > That raspberry plants can rust. Sadly those little orange spots on one of my raspberry plants is rust, not a nice disease at all. It doesn't seem to have stopped the plant from producing berries but I have not been successful eliminating it yet. That will be my next learning goal! 

Hope this finds you learning new things too. Have a wonderful summer!

Article posted June 26, 2009 at 11:11 AM • comment (1) • Reads 116 • Return to Blog List

Yellow rust has become the bane of commercial raspberry growers from B.C. to CA. Varieties that used to resistant are becoming less so. There's always fungicides, but the organic way to eliminate rust on raspberries is to be fastidiously clean this fall. Cut all canes to the ground and burn them. Turn over or remove all mulch and replace with clean mulch. You'll miss out on the early summer fruiting, but will get a late summer crop and hopefully you'll be rust free!
Posted August 26, 2009 at 01:38 PM by • lverbano

Alumni 2006-07
Alumni 2007-08
Alumni 2008-09
Blue Group
Green Group
Oregon Trail
Red Group
Revolutionary War

THE FINE PRINT!! This website is approved by the school district. All material posted by students will be governed by the Appropriate Use Policy, especially the district policies against bullying and harassment and the district Internet Use policy provisions addressing offensive language and transmission of personal information about self or others. Please take a few minutes to read the Bellingham School District's Appropriate Use Policy as outlined on the Parent Permission Form which is listed under Related Links to your left.