Copyright (c) 2014 by Gus Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Gus -- Blogmeister

MY Writing

Room 12

by Gus

teacher: Mark Ahlness

Turkey Escape 11/23
My Trip 08/31/06
America is special 08/06/06
Vacation plan 06/15/06
BLOG 06/02/06
New Desk 05/23/06
Mother's day 05/12/06
Wasl 05/01/06
Vacation Surprise 02/28/06
Seahawks 02/06/06
Nothing For Me 12/06/05
Welcome 11/04/05

America is special to me because of the history of America. I like to go to Civil War battlefields and national parks and monuments.

Last year I went to Vicksburg, Shiloh, Stones River, and Chickamauga battlefields. Next week I will be visiting Gettysburg.

When I am there, I get a feeling that blood soaked into the ground at the battlefields. I have feeling of sadness and despair for the soldiers who died but I am proud of what they did so our country would be not two parts but one.

Article posted August 6, 2006 at 04:07 PM • comment (2) • Reads 126 • Return to Blog List

I have been to Gettysburg and was really impressed by it. I haven't been to the others, but I would imagine they would evoke the same feelings.

I hope you will blog more about your visits to the battlefields.

This is an excellent post, Gus!

Posted August 10, 2006 at 09:18 AM by • Nancy McKeand
Hi Gus (nice piece of writing)! Yes, the history of this country is remarkable, and you are lucky to be able to revisit some memorable places. Gettysburg is unforgettable. While you are there, take some time to read the words that Abraham Lincoln spoke after that terrible battle.

If you get the chance, write about your visit on your blog, I'd love to hear about it. Enjoy the rest of your summer! - Mr. A.
Posted August 6, 2006 at 06:06 PM by • Mr. Ahlness