Copyright (c) 2014 by Gordon Brune Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Gordon Brune -- Blogmeister

by Gordon Brune

5B Custom Search
DoGoNews
Kwout
What should I read next?
Our RSS Feed
Research
Shelfari
Assignments
VozMe
Our Class Library
School Library Catalog
Grolier Encyclopedia
Spelling City
MAS 5th Grade
GlowDay
Passwords

STOP SMOKING OR ELSE! (A)
STOP SMOKING OR ELSE!

Do you smoke? Or smoke in front of your kids. You should stop smoking. WHY?

First of all, it can hurt you because you can get lung cancer, and your teeth will turn yellow. Your wife or husband or maybe boy or girlfriend won’t want to kiss you.

,you can die because the smoke goes through your body and into your heart. Your family would be sad.

Another reason is that it hurts people around you. My friend’s mom smokes in front of her kids and my friend has asthma.

The most important reason is that you influence kids when they grow up. My aunt smokes, and she has two kids. They say when they grow up they want to smoke. One of them pretends to smoke with a real cigarette.

People smoke because they think it makes them cool and be like grown ups or because their parents smoke, but I still think it is wrong because you can get asthma and you influence little kids.

Do you smoke? Well, STOP it. Do you or your kids have asthma? Or are your teeth yellow or your kids pretend to smoke? Then you are influencing your kids to smoke. Then you know what to do, STOP SMOKING OR ELSE.
Article posted June 4, 2009 at 09:28 AM • comment (2) • Reads 73 • Return to Blog List

Smoking is yucky! More young people seem to be smoking these days. I think we need more public service announcements to point out the health risks. Maybe you could make a poster and put it up in your local grocery store.
Posted June 12, 2009 at 03:57 PM by • cwolf
My mom used to smoke and I would try and get her to stop. I learned NOT to smoke watching her.
Posted June 6, 2009 at 08:14 PM by • Mr. Brune

2009

Gordon Brune is a 5th Grade Teacher at Mamaroneck Avenue Elementary School in Mamaroneck, New York (USA). mamk
This is his 19th year teaching. He has taught 1st - 5th grades. Read more about him HERE.

You can reach him by leaving a comment at the bottom of the "Welcome" article on this home page, click HERE, or email him at brune@mamkschools.org

The last 3 books we've read:

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Pixs from our whole 5th grade:
This is a Flickr badge showing public items from MAS5 tagged with 2009. Make your own badge here.
This website is a school sponsored communication forum. All material posted by students will be governed by the Appropriate Use Policy, especially the district policies against bullying and harassment and the district Internet Use policy provisions addressing offensive language and transmission of personal information about self or others. Go HERE to read the Appropriate Use Policy.